AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would James kick in his own door?

I missed that the sheriff said he was 100% certain Jayme is alive. Can you point to where that was said? That would be a wildly careless thing to say, IMO.

Good sleuths here have answered the question of why the family has addressed its public statements directly to Jayme. That seems to be a common tactic used by families to address their missing loved ones. Doesn't mean anything else.
I am pretty sure the sheriff used those words early on..I could be wrong though. After he said that I was waiting for him to say he was 100% certain there was no meth in Baron County. Oh, as far as James kicking the door in...how about a desperate attempt to save his wife

Right. Not a person on here has them from the dispatch system directly from LE, they come from news org links to their docs. If someone has them directly from LE/dispatch, it would surprise me.

What's been released is almost certainly (99.9999%) exactly what's in the 911 system. Report prepared by records and released. Messing with this system even for a single call opens a department up to all sorts of legal liability. That's why there are redacted items, not omitted items, in these files when released.

The gun or guns that were used were not found...his (James) guns were, so someone must have entered the scene...unless we think Jayme had a secret gun and took it with her...highly unlikley but the only way it could work.
As to the missing gun(guns?)...I always thought the searching was for the gun among other things. Now why would our Ninja- like perps toss the gun so close to the scene with LE only minutes away? Jayme being in the car ties them to the murders...they might as well keep the weapons to shoot it out with LE...or use later on

No, it isn't. Denise could have had one. Some women do believe it or not. So could James have had one unknown to anyone. My family could not tell you what we have for guns. So where do they get such info from? Just another remark that we take as fact that truly closes out nothing.

Okay...so the perp uses Denise’s gun? Am confused. Or was there no perp? I agree, no one could know for sure the gun count in any house in America...

I'm pretty sure they would know where to search.

TE requires that LE provide them with a search area...where do you think this should be? TE does not just come in and search an entire county or two, meter by meter. The same areas that have been searched? Sure, why not? But not until spring, imo.

As to the missing gun(guns?)...I always thought the searching was for the gun among other things. Now why would our Ninja- like perps toss the gun so close to the scene with LE only minutes away? Jayme being in the car ties them to the murders...they might as well keep the weapons to shoot it out with LE...or use later on

Well LE still has to look. A housewife in TX who murdered her husband some years back, also claiming his guns were stolen, threw them in the yard, where LE soon found them. But I think they looked for any clues, dropped items, Jayme...imo

One thing that occurs to me...if Jim was in the doorway, to the point that officers could see him as they approached, you'd think he would be blocking the door. Did the perp(s) and Jayme go out through another door then? Or step right over him?

Arg, so awful. I was really hoping for something last night.
Or was Jim going after Jayme and then got shot?

An entry of a unit going to an Almena address, when they arrived and when it was marked complete or leaving residence.

And an entry regarding a school contact which if my memory serves correctly was in the 4 a.m. to 5 something a.m. range.

Thanks, you probably won't find either is my guess. Yet if you saved it independently maybe we will luck out.
Agree.

TE requires that LE provide them with a search area...where do you think this should be? TE does not just come in and search an entire county or two, meter by meter. The same areas that have been searched? Sure, why not? But not until spring, imo.
Start with the plant. There are people there that someone, whose post was deleted, should be investigated

Last edited:
There are alot of people to investigate there. Close to 1K or more?

If you take town populations...

Take away 10 and under 400
Take away 65 plus..400
That’s what 2500

So 1000/2500.. 40 percent chance if local there tied to plant....

I’d say plant or family circle likely has to be a hit ....

You’d think...

I missed that the sheriff said he was 100% certain Jayme is alive. Can you point to where that was said? That would be a wildly careless thing to say, IMO.

I believe this is the correct quote of what the sheriff said, AND it includes the question he is answering, which makes a difference to me. The question is, in my words, "Why are you doing this search? Is it with the expectation that Jayme's alive (and therefore you are looking for clues to help find her? OR the unspoken question - are you looking for a body?) So the sheriff's answer is "100 percent (we are doing the search on the expectation that Jayme's alive.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna922001

Fitzgerald, asked Wednesday if the search was being done with the expectation that Jayme is still alive, responded: "100 percent. We want to bring Jayme home."

I believe this is the correct quote of what the sheriff said, AND it includes the question he is answering, which makes a difference to me. The question is, in my words, "Why are you doing this search? Is it with the expectation that Jayme's alive (and therefore you are looking for clues to help find her? OR the unspoken question - are you looking for a body?) So the sheriff's answer is "100 percent (we are doing the search on the expectation that Jayme's alive.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna922001

Fitzgerald, asked Wednesday if the search was being done with the expectation that Jayme is still alive, responded: "100 percent. We want to bring Jayme home."

OK, thank you for the clarification. LE is searching for a live person until evidence points to a homicide. That's different, to me, from saying there's a 100% certainty that she is alive.

If you take town populations...

Take away 10 and under 400
Take away 65 plus..400
That’s what 2500

So 1000/2500.. 40 percent chance if local there tied to plant....

I’d say plant or family circle likely has to be a hit ....

You’d think...

I was thinking that was well. The plant must be the major employer in the area so the chances that whatever happened involves people at the plant is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member