CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought the message to KB's employer was via email, not text. Texting your employer is a bit too informal, no? Maybe I missed where it was said they received a text. I thought There was only a reference to a message being sent to them. MOO

Edited to clarify.
New information released on case of missing mother whose phone was last pinged in Idaho | East Idaho News
Police contacted Berreth’s fiancé, Patrick Frazee, who said Berreth dropped off their daughter at his home on Nov. 22. The last time he says he heard from her was Nov. 25 and their child is still in his custody, according to detectives.

Employees told police they got a text message from her on Nov. 25 saying she would not be in to work for the next week. Officers say there is no indication that a plane is involved in her disappearance.

If women kill their children to hold on to a man, would a man kill a fiance to hold on to another woman? I keep thinking something happened this past fall that was the straw, something that was worth soliciting someone for murder and planning out Kelsey's murder. It's hard to pin down a motive because so many times it's quick, done out of rage and anger, but this was carefully and soberly planned. Could KK have told him that he had to make a choice and he was too afraid to tell KB to get lost? I mean in his previous relations he cheated rather than ending things, that shows a desire to avoid confrontation. Doesn't it sound like he was cheating on KB with KK? Why not just say "hey KB, I've met someone else and I'm moving on", but that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead KB is still engaged, things are moving forward from her perspective and the only one who's talking about "break ups" is PF, at least that's what KB's family have said. But what happened in late summer or Aug that made him decide to kill her?
There is a chance that KK had also been told that PF and KB had ended things. Maybe KK wanted to move down and be closer, live on the farm, bring her kids.

The long planning is the puzzling part as you said. Not a crime of passion but elimination. I don't think any of us can go there. We cannot rationalize the irrational.

Possibly, but LE surely have her phone records. LE would know, I would think, if she was "playing" naive. JMT
Unless they relied heavily on burner phones? For a length of time?

Still, I agree that they must still have a lot of evidence that would cut through all or most of any “naive” act. Or at least I certainly hope so.

I've always thought the message to KB's employer was via email, not text. Texting your employer is a bit too informal, no? Maybe I missed where it was said they received a text. I thought There was only a reference to a message being sent to them. MOO

Edited to clarify.

It was via text telling them she would not be there for a week. This would be very unprofessional.

Agree with you.
I just wonder how much LE can really question her directly, if at all- since she lawyered up.
Does LE have to go through the atty. to ask questions or can
they demand she come in and meet with them?
LE said PF refused to talk to them. What if KK is doing the same?
Personally, if I were a POI in a murder investigation because my bf murdered his "fiance", but I didn't know she was dead when I sent those texts (no matter how stupid that would make me look), I would lawyer up as well, but I would talk with LE in his presence if only to prove my innocence of being an accessory after the fact. I just have a hard time believing she knew KB was dead, and then sent those texts and has not been arrested for her involvement. I could be way off, so I'll leave it at that :)

Agree with you.
I just wonder how much LE can really question her directly, if at all- since she lawyered up.
Does LE have to go through the atty. to ask questions or can
they demand she come in and meet with them?
LE said PF refused to talk to them. What if KK is doing the same?

They can’t demand she speak to them at all. I think she is though, and the incentive would be reduced charges. She has to be talking at this point. If not, then it’s someone else. But I personally feel that if she weren’t talking, she would’ve been charged and we would’ve heard about it.

Personally, if I were a POI in a murder investigation because my bf murdered his "fiance", but I didn't know she was dead when I sent those texts (no matter how stupid that would make me look), I would lawyer up as well, but I would talk with LE in his presence if only to prove my innocence of being an accessory after the fact. I just have a hard time believing she knew KB was dead, and then sent those texts and has not been arrested for her involvement. I could be way off, so I'll leave it at that :)
This makes perfect sense to me.

The long planning is the puzzling part as you said. Not a crime of passion but elimination. I don't think any of us can go there. We cannot rationalize the irrational.
In reading on some of the reasons for 'murders' I came across
a study some dude in L.A. did and he said there were only 3
reasons that motivated people to murder:
-Financial Greed
- Sexual or Relational-Lust
- Pursuit of Power (Control)

take your choice here.

LE could research her router and see if PF's device was logged in at any point since her disappearance. IMO, if he spent nights there, he would have her WIFI password connected to her router. Unless he chose "forget this network" to have his phone not remember her wifi automatically, it would then automatically connect his device when he went there...AND the router has a history log.

All we have so far on KK is what the news has reported. We know they are investigating her, but as far as the other details go- such as romantically involved, her being in Colorado around Thanksgiving, Sonic etc. who really knows. The news reporting has been unreliable in several instances.

Looking west thru an alley, you can see KB neighboring townhome up on the hill (photo 1)
Photo 2 is A Frame w occupied 5th wheel behind.
Photo 3 is better shot of 5th wheel.
Photo 4 is South street and those houses back up to KB alley. KB would be looking at the rear of these homes. Photo 5 is a better angle of the 5th wheel/alley

Edited to clear up my previous confusing post:

My dream: someone in this house was a big coffee drinker and loved to sit by the window facing Kelsey’s side entrance. And was a big fan of people watching. o_O

@mustloveco see the house with balcony in image 2&3 in the Zillow link? Did you walk by here? This is the house I’m wondering about. From that home, would they be able to see the comings and goings at Kelsey’s home entrance?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/269-E-Lake-Ave-Woodland-Park-CO-80863/62719652_zpid/

Last edited:
Looking west thru an alley, you can see KB neighboring townhome up on the hill (photo 1)
Photo 2 is A Frame w occupied 5th wheel behind.
Photo 3 is better shot of 5th

I wonder whose vehicle that is....almost looks like a Range Rover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member