CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing for us all to remember is that not all of us are blessed with families to cook big holiday dinners. Some of us are not blessed with families at all. I’m thankful to have family to do that with. But if you’re single or divorced, or you live out of town away from family and couldn’t travel, or you don’t cook, how are you going to eat on that day if you don’t go to an open fast food place?

True, but not at all applicable to this case, IMO.

Clearly, KK had the ability to travel. She did not run up to her local Sonic conveniently located at 431 Blue Lakes Blvd N, Twin Falls, ID.

What KK did instead was to hop in her car and drive 14 hours and a couple of states away. KK didn't stop at a Sonic in Colorado on November 24th because she didn't have anywhere else to go and/or nothing better to do that day.

I had a hard time viewing the video, seems to take forever to load the DVR. Here's a screenshot of KK's vehicle (black SUV??) in the Woodland Park Sonic drive thru. It does not state the time she was there, but that the police had a requested video for a 6-hour timeframe on November 24.

Live on Livestream
View attachment 162953

I too think the photos of KK are from her younger rodeo days vs. current. FWIW, when KK was married she lived on a red angus cattle ranch in Hansen, Idaho. Lots of photos of children on the social media page - appears to me they may live there full time IMO. Both KK's family and her ex's comment there.
Let's determine the time she was at Sonic. Look at the photo. The SUV makes a large shadow BEHIND itself. She definitely wasn't paying at Sonic at 12 noon. Which direction does a car drive through this Sonic (east or west)?
Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 1.50.48 PM.png

Last edited:
KK and even an ex-MIL (seriously ??) are OFF LIMITS for sleuthing.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

If any member does not understand the above, message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

IN is only being investigated to see if she brought the phone to ID, correct? Or has she been confirmed she did? I am still a bit confused by this.

Nothing about her has been confirmed as far as I know. Except,possibly that she went to a Sonic...

They can’t demand she speak to them at all. I think she is though, and the incentive would be reduced charges. She has to be talking at this point. If not, then it’s someone else. But I personally feel that if she weren’t talking, she would’ve been charged and we would’ve heard about it.
@riolove77

She can or might be arrested at any time, correct? LE may not be able to accurately verify her story, just yet?
I don’t think she’s “home free”, just yet. Do you?

Tysm

IMO, it’s not too informal at all since the text message to her employer was sent on a Sunday. To the contrary, a conscientious employee who has her boss’s cell number wouldn’t want him to walk into work on Monday morning to a surprise absence. Especially if she had a class to teach.

We don’t have a time of death yet but it’s fair to say we all believe she didn’t send those messages. (The wording of those messages is one of the things I’m most eager to learn!) But I don’t think the perceived informality has any real bearing on exactly who really did send them. If anything, I would expect IN to be a little more knowledgeable about proper business etiquette than PF would be. So, to me, this is another reason to believe there is an actual conspiracy on the planning side.
MOO I would have to respectfully disagree. Having worked in the business world this just isn't tactful. Sure there's bosses that get close with their employees and are like family and I could see texting mundane things to be the norm but taking unexpected time off and sending a text seems very tacky no matter how close-knit. When I have something stressful (like missing a week of unexpected time off in this instance) to discuss with anyone family, friends, bosses etc. etiquette in my experience has been to go in in-person or at least make a phone call. This has been the norm. People are more open-minded and willing to work with you if they can see or hear that you're being genuine and something unexpected has happened.

I'll be surprised if a plea is offered in this case.

It’s too early in the game.
I always assume once the suspect is made aware of the evidence against him, he starts thinking of his own best interests.
Jmo

MOO I would have to respectfully disagree. Having worked in the business world this just isn't tactful. Sure there's bosses that get close with their employees and are like family and I could see texting mundane things to be the norm but taking unexpected time off and sending a text seems very tacky no matter how close-knit. When I have something stressful (like missing a week of unexpected time off in this instance) to discuss with anyone family, friends, bosses etc. etiquette in my experience has been to go in in-person or at least make a phone call. This has been the norm. People are more open-minded and willing to work with you if they can see or hear that you're being genuine and something unexpected has happened.
And there may be more to the story we haven’t heard. Maybe the text gave a reason- family issues or whatever. Maybe her employer texted her back or tried to reach her and didn’t hear back from her. Maybe her employer found this text odd as well and it’s not how it’s done there.

True, but not at all applicable to this case, IMO.

Clearly, KK had the ability to travel. She did not run up to her local Sonic conveniently located at 431 Blue Lakes Blvd N, Twin Falls, ID.

What KK did instead was to hop in her car and drive 14 hours and a couple of states away. KK didn't stop at a Sonic in Colorado on November 24th because she didn't have anywhere else to go and/or nothing better to do that day.
Obviously. What I was doing was responding to posts that weren’t specifically about her. Posts like, “Who eats at Sonic on Thanksgiving Day?”

And there may be more to the story we haven’t heard. Maybe the text gave a reason- family issues or whatever. Maybe her employer texted her back or tried to reach her and didn’t hear back from her. Maybe her employer found this text odd as well and it’s not how it’s done there.

....oh yeah, there’s more to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member