CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not familiar with the area, but it looks like that would be in the opposite direction to going back to Idaho.
Not necessarily if traveling main roads and interstates. To go west through Divide is not.

ETA I have friends in Divide and visit them occasionally. And we have driven west to Crested Butte and east to Colorado Springs.

I doubt neighbors would even think about her vehicles, unless they blocked in their own in some way. I park next to my neighbors cars and don’t notice if they move from one day to the next.

I find it far more startling that no one in Kelsey’s life realized she was missing for 11 days, or at least concerned enough to report it, jmo.

I disagree with your first point, that she had more of a reason to want KB dead than PF did.

KB and PF were not living together, and may not have been romantically involved for some time.

If they were living together, that would be a different matter entirely, but as that’s not the case here, I don’t see the threat.
JMO- Jealousy can be deep-seated and can cause some people to lash out, sometimes lethally. I am not saying this is what happened, but could be a possibility or at least what could motivate someone to help in a murder.
MOO

The hospital confirmed a day or two ago it was complying with all police requests in this case. The wording- which is not what i wrote- made it seem like they were asking the hospital for a fair bit of info. Which lead to speculation on a number of fronts.
If this guys is getting new info and the LE are continuing to ask for more info, it makes me feel like they are still waiting on pressing charges or not because they have more investigating to do to ensure they have a better picture of her involvement. which is good, because i was leaning towards immunity or that she really was not that involved so would only be a witness. Not that it is good that she is involved but it would mean the case could get wrapped up tighter. JMO

LE is in no hurry to press charges. Why should they be? I doubt there will be an offer of immunity if there is any evidence whatsoever that she was involved. JMO

JMO- Jealousy can be deep-seated and can cause some people to lash out, sometimes lethally. I am not saying this is what happened, but could be a possibility.
Sure. But I think it’s far less likely in this particular case, simply because PF and KB were not living together.

It would be more likely if they lived together, and were still romantically involved (it appears they were not).

We saw this type of thing in the discovery documents of the Watts case.

As soon as they developed a new potential witness, they opened up a file, and performed a background investigation on them.

They didn’t approach anyone until they had first done their homework.

This makes good sense.

It also begs the question: if LE is out today getting timecards from KK's employer, and if this is merely LE's sop prior to interviewing her as a "potential witness," then is there another witness out there who gave LE the info that led to the solicitation charges and multiple searches of KB's home?

Sure. But I think it’s far less likely in this particular case, simply because PF and KB were not living together.

It would be more likely if they lived together, and were still romantically involved (it appears they were not).

IMO, if KK is involved, she wanted K dead as much as a PF. If not, I think she could have easily talked him out killing her. This is IF she is a party he solicited. If they’ve been friends for a few years & had some type of relationship, it stands to reason he likes her & would listen to her advice. Jmo
I obviously don’t know what happened here.
I’m not 100% sure someone has not set someone else up.

I’m still going with my theory someone watched KB exit SafeWay, called someone (that got in her home as soon as she left) & that person killed her as soon as she returned. I also think PF might have called KB and asked her to go to SW to pick up something he wanted so a person could get in her house. If so, LE knows from cell records. I see two + PF to pull this off. MOO

Last edited:
Interesting tweet from a Denver news reporter: Chris Halsne on Twitter

I'm not clear on what that tweet is saying? At first I thought the photo meant the police were at her hospital right now asking for her time cards but the photo is not outside the hospital where she worked. And the statements in the tweet that on their face seemed to be "new info" have question marks after them. o_O:confused:

ETA: Here is the hospital building: Google Maps

ETA2: Tweeted photo of police cars appears to be outside the Twin Falls Courthouse or Sheriff's office building: Google Maps

Last edited:
IMO, if KK is involved, she wanted K dead as much as a PF. If not, I think she could have easily talked him out killing her. This is IF she is a party he solicited. If they’ve been friends for a few years & had some type of relationship, it stands to reason he likes her & would listen to her advice. Jmo
I obviously don’t know what happened here.
I’m not 100% sure someone has not set someone else up.

Not sure she could have talked him out of it...but if he had asked for her help or told her his plans...she could have reported it to LE before Kelsey was murdered.

This makes good sense.

It also begs the question: if LE is out today getting timecards from KK's employer, and if this is merely LE's sop prior to interviewing her as a "potential witness," then is there another witness out there who gave LE the info that led to the solicitation charges and multiple searches of KB's home?
Was that the implication though, that this just happened today?

I can’t imagine that this didn’t happen earlier, and this reporter is only now learning the details.

I think it’s entirely possible that there is (atleast) a third person involved here, one who is also cooperating.

I’m not convinced that KK is also the same individual who was solicited, although I wouldn’t be surprised either.

Fair enough and you might be 100 percent right. I do know of a case that was elaborately set up for months. The date committed- that seemed to not happen the way it was planned because something happened to push the timeline. Anyway, love triangle, kids and the hate you need to commit murder caused it to be very violent and cruel. It all depends on what PF's level of self control is.. JMO
PF is all about control...as long as it all belongs to him. I think he planned for Thanksgiving and had KB naively believing he wanted to spend it with her and the baby as a family unit. He has no redeeming qualities, imo.

I think she had more of a reason, from a jealousy thing of KB, to want to get rid of her then PF did. As a matter of fact I wonder if PF wasn’t using KB as a reason for not being together with KK.

I agree that simply being a nurse and/or a mom means nothing. I remember that astronaut, female, years back that was so love addicted that she drove across country in a diaper, as to not have to take a potty break, to kidnap and attack her romantic rival. Former NASA astronaut Lisa Nowak escapes jail with plea deal in violent love triangle case

I would think, as KK knew about KB, she would just walk away, not be interested in 'getting rid' of KB.
If PF was hesitant in being with KK, any actions by KK against KB, are useless.
Surely a woman doesn't require to fight, to be with her beau.
A competition isn't required.

Perhaps KK, has only had a minor role here, in helping PF, regarding the phone, and she accepted a plausible explanation.
MOO.

Not familiar with the area, but it looks like that would be in the opposite direction to going back to Idaho.
It is probably faster in most cases to take I-25 to I-80 to I-15 to get to Idaho than any of the other routes that Google Maps might show. There are certainly less restrictions - such as requiring chains in order to go over a pass - and certainly more opportunities for gas, food, lodging and rest.

It is probably faster in most cases to take I-25 to I-80 to I-15 to get to Idaho than any of the other routes that Google Maps might show. There are certainly less restrictions - such as requiring chains in order to go over a pass - and certainly more opportunities for gas, food, lodging and rest.
For real, it is a hard lesson looking at a map and seeing the distance and assuming an average speed of 55. You can be hours late.

Not sure she could have talked him out of it...but if he had asked for her help or told her his plans...she could have reported it to LE before Kelsey was murdered.

I think it would have given him a new perspective, at least.
He would likely be concerned to proceed for fear she might tell, if she was not open to his solicitation? Maybe not. We don’t know.

Was that the implication though, that this just happened today?

I can’t imagine that this didn’t happen earlier, and this reporter is only now learning the details.

I think it’s entirely possible that there is (atleast) a third person involved here, one who is also cooperating.

I’m not convinced that KK is also the same individual who was solicited, although I wouldn’t be surprised either.

BBM: So, having re-read the reporter's tweet, you're right: it's not clear when LE was @ the hospital asking for timecards.

MG, you just took the air right out of my football. Call it the WS Deflategate Scandal of 2019. QB12 would be proud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member