GUILTY UK - Lee Pomeroy, 51, stabbed to death on train, Surrey, 4 January 2019

IT consultant Lee, who had been travelling between Guildford and London with his boy, was knifed to death, magistrates heard today.

He suffered nine stab wounds, they were told.

And this morning, the defendant appeared at Staines Magistrates' Court, where he shouted: "I'm innocent until proven guilty."

1_SWNS_DARREN_PENCILLE_02.jpg

0_SWNS_DARREN_PENCILLE_03.jpg

0_Horsley-train-stabbing.jpg

His partner, mother-of-one Chelsea Mitchell, 27, also appeared at the court charged with assisting an offender. The charge states she helped Pencille to leave the scene and change his appearance on January 4.

Man accused of murdering dad on train as he travelled with son appears in court

Last edited:
14:43
Still waiting
The courtroom is still waiting for this afternoon’s session to begin. Legal counsel appear to now be in position. Almost every seat is once again full - I’d estimate that there are close to 40 people in the courtroom at the moment.

14:44
Chelsea Mitchell enters dock
Chelsea Mitchell has now entered the dock.

14:46
Judge Robert Fraser enters court
Judge Robert Fraser has entered court. The case of Chelsea Mitchell is now under way.

14:49KEY EVENT
Pre-trial preparation hearing date set for Ms Mitchell
The date for the pre-trial preparation hearing for Chelsea Mitchell, 27, has been set by Mr Fraser, under suggestion from prosecutor Wendy Cottee.

Ms Mitchell will appear via video link from prison on February 7.

The 27-year-old has now been taken down from the dock.

14:52
Darren Pencille enters the dock
Darren Pencille, 35, has now entered the dock at Guildford Crown Court. He has this time remained sat in full view of the public gallery.

14:54
Mr Pencille stands
Mr Pencille, still dressed in a grey tracksuit, has been remanded in custody.

Mr Fraser has ruled that Mr Pencille will also appear again from prison via video link on February 7.

14:57KEY EVENT
Hearings finished
And that will be that for today. Mr Fraser has sent Mr Pencille back down from the dock. He will appear via video link on February 7.

Farnham man in court over murder of Lee Pomeroy - live updates

I don't know why the Mirror (linked above) is publishing CM's photo. I didn't think that was permissible?

Today it emerged that officers were called to Pencille's home on Thursday - less than 24 hours before the appalling attack after neighbours complained about his anti-social behaviour and said he was banging on their doors aggressively.

Pencille and Mitchell were arrested during a dawn raid by armed officers at their housing association flat in Farnham, Surrey, on Saturday morning.

Neighbours said the couple were unemployed, often noisy and kept their curtains shut almost constantly.

Pencille, who was born in London, appears to have a 16-year-old son from a previous relationship.

Forensics officers were seen examining an ageing small blue car parked close to the flat which is believed to belong to Mitchell.

WzE1NzEyMDE5LCJjeG8uYSIsImh0dHBzOi8vaS5kYWlseW1haWwuY28udWsvMXMvMjAxOS8wMS8wNy8xMi84MjIzMjM0LTY1NjQ3MzktUGVuY2lsbGVfYW5kX01pdGNoZWxsLWEtNDBfMTU0Njg2MzIyMDY0OC5qcGciLCJybmQ3ODU3IiwiZjc5NjQxYSJd

Pencille and Mitchell were arrested in a raid on this flat in Farnham and the mother-of-one's blue Vauxhall Corsa (pictured)

Mr Christy said: ‘I told police he had previously started banging on my door and then, at around 9.15pm on Thursday, he started doing it again.

‘My wife looked through the keyhole and it was him again. My next-door neighbours have been driven out by all the drama.

‘They only moved in in the summer and they have managed to upset everyone. There’s always a spat about her parking in other people’s spots.

Surrey train stabbing suspect sits on the floor of the dock | Daily Mail Online

Today the murder suspect decided to sit on the floor of the glass dock at Staines Magistrates' Court, claiming he was 'hearing voices' and was 'too paranoid' to stand up.

Really? Or just setting up his defence?

Today the murder suspect decided to sit on the floor of the glass dock at Staines Magistrates' Court, claiming he was 'hearing voices' and was 'too paranoid' to stand up.

Really? Or just setting up his defence?

I agree. I can only recall a few cases where the perp was genuinely mentally ill to such an extent they were held in a secure hospital and they didn't run away and try and change their appearance.

It's perfectly plausible that it's genuine. This kind of mental illness doesn't come out of nowhere this late, so if genuine I would expect tehre to be evidence of it manifesting earlier.

Bit more from Monday afternoon -

She is accused of helping Pencille to leave the scene, discard his clothing and change his appearance, including by buying razor blades.

Mitchell blew a kiss to people in the public gallery as she left the dock following a brief hearing.

Pencille, this time appearing without glasses, nodded to confirm his identity, then stood quietly as he was addressed by the judge.

PICTURED: Man, 35, accused of stabbing dad nine times on train fails to enter murder plea

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back