GUILTY NM - Victoria Martens, 10, brutally murdered, Albuquerque, 23 Aug 2016 *Arrests* *2 guilty*

Jessica Kelley pleads no contest to child abuse in Martens case

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — One day before the first trial in the Victoria Martens case was scheduled to begin, the defendant, 34-year-old Jessica Kelley pleaded no contest to child abuse recklessly caused, resulting in death, tampering with evidence and aggravated assault.

She faces 50 years in prison, with the possibility to get out in a little over 20 years for good behavior.

The plea deal presented Monday morning was similar to the deal that Judge Charles Brown rejected last September, however now she is pleading “no contest” rather than “guilty.”

Brown accepted the plea deal this time.

Jessica Kelley pleads no contest to child abuse in Martens case

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — One day before the first trial in the Victoria Martens case was scheduled to begin, the defendant, 34-year-old Jessica Kelley pleaded no contest to child abuse recklessly caused, resulting in death, tampering with evidence and aggravated assault.

She faces 50 years in prison, with the possibility to get out in a little over 20 years for good behavior.

The plea deal presented Monday morning was similar to the deal that Judge Charles Brown rejected last September, however now she is pleading “no contest” rather than “guilty.”

Brown accepted the plea deal this time.

It is absolutely disgraceful she could be out in twenty years. None of them should be free ever again. Why are the sentences so lenient? This tragic case is as horrific and evil as you can get.

tons of pix of who I think the victim was... very pretty little girl. mom seemed to have loved her at one time. wtf happened?????
I just looked through all the mums pics on Facebook, the children looked so well cared for,happy and loved,what happened to change that,I'm devastated what happened to that little girl....Why!! Is all I'm thinking of...her little brother must be missing her,they seemed so close in the pics,and she was always hugging him,so sad..x

I sure hope the victim's little brother is accounted for? Normally I wouldn't even mention his existence, but the level of rage and violence and pure depravity of Victoria's murder have me worried about him... surely LE checked into him too, right?
Someone please tell me Victoria's little brother is ok,and safe..x

I hope I'm still within the rules to bring this up (and I'll delete if not), because I'm not going to give any information on family members, but due to the circumstances of the crime, I think it's a relevant piece of information. Jessica Kelley (the boyfriend's cousin) appears to have children of her own (older than Victoria and that's all I'll say).

I just bring it up because I cannot fathom a mother especially being willing to do this to a child. But then the crazy part is the KID'S OWN MOTHER was involved as well?!?! Not one, but TWO mothers!

Unbelievable.

RIP sweet baby.
I hope her children are safe from her,poor Victoria. X

Maybe it was the fish part? Because the fish being a Christian symbol? LOL

I'm laughing WITH you, not at you! I promise. But it's so funny because it tends to be one of the slimiest ones out there. LOL But hey! It's a good thing you didn't know about it, I guess. It shows where you ARE NOT spending your time. ;)

BTW - I only heard of it the first time during the Beverly Carter murder case.
Please be careful with all dating sites.

This case has shades of Eliza Baker, Gertrude Baniszewski, and Lori Drew. The instigator are adults (woman) who target someone else's children.

I wonder who is the mastermind of this horrific crime.
Yes thoughts of sweet Angel Zarah came to mind.*advertiser censored*

I just can't get over this, I cried last night, I cried today, and seeing her picture just rips my heart more into. I told some friends about this, and they couldn't stand to hear about it, nor talk about it.
So far, this has been one of the hardest child abuse/death cases for me....and I sobbed for Caylee Anthony.....when will the madness stop?
Its fetched all the memories of Sweet Zarah Baker back to me,I never thought I'd be reading about another child being dismembered, but now sweet Victoria..x

It is absolutely disgraceful she could be out in twenty years. None of them should be free ever again. Why are the sentences so lenient? This tragic case is as horrific and evil as you can get.

Completely agree! This is a total disgrace. Sure sounds like APD botched the crime scene forensics and the DA is worried about getting a conviction. Why else would they offer these scumbags pleas?

This case is the most brutal, horrifying murder (of an innocent child at that) that I have ever heard/read about in my life :cry: Just when you think you have heard about the most horrendous, gruesome and heinous crimes/murders there are, along comes one even more evil than your mind can comprehend. I wish I had NEVER read that criminal complaint!! I literally had to take Xanax, and a break from WS. I still think about that precious child everyday.

FG's History of violence, ignoring court orders :dervish:

Timeline of trouble with the law
Fabian Gonzales’ criminal history:
2004: Charged with battery against a household member, but the outcome of that case is unclear.
2012: Indicted on charges of kidnapping, aggravated battery against a household member (great bodily harm), battery against a household member, and three counts of resisting, evading or obstructing an officer. Takes plea agreement in 2013 to two lesser charges, misdemeanors that result in 1 year and 11 months’ probation. Probation ultimately revoked after Gonzales absconds.
2014: Indicted on charges of child abuse and battery against a household member. In addition, he is sentenced to serve 300 days in prison for the 2013 probation violation.
2015: Released from prison. Then pleads no contest to battery on a household member and child abandonment related to the 2014 case. Sentenced to two years’ supervised probation, but fails to report to probation office and probation paperwork isn’t processed by state Corrections Department.
2016: Arrested, along with two others, and charged with rape and child abuse resulting in the death of Victoria Martens.

History of violence, ignoring court orders

Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center
Detention Center Custody Search List
God bless you,sending you big hugs xx

BBM Victoria's nightmare began before fatal night

"The 10-year-old’s mother, Michelle Martens, told police she had allowed other men to sexually assault her daughter and said she had sought out the men online and at work. She told police she had set up encounters with at least three.

One of them was a co-worker."

And he's about to be busted, I bet.

jmo
Omg burst into tears reading this,I thought I'd read it all,words fail me and I cant say what I think or feel about these monsters,I don't want time out.x

And did you catch the part about the disturbing details the paper declined to share? Good lord! What could be more disturbing?? There are so many decent people in the world who would have loved and cherished Victoria like she deserved to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg what more could that sweet child have gone through,oh my heart...
Zarah's case hit me really hard,and now Victoria has broken me..*advertiser censored*

Last edited:
Does anybody know where MM worked? It's mentioned several times that she had co-workers rape her daughter.
I prayer LE get them co workers and and others who abused that sweet little,I'm so sad she never told anyone,unless her little heart,Zarah never told anyone and neither did sweet Erica,they must have been so terrified..x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back