CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #26 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Yes, @retiredrickyinCO pano shows a white flatbed truck (or maybe Western hauler) with a gooseneck trailer attached. He can pull just about anything with this truck. I was interested in whether this was a water tank or a septic tank (although this might be too big). Could it be a septic tank to replace whatever was in that big hole? Or do people bring these in to capture extra water, maybe for the livestock.

He might haul water to a feed lot or to a dif’ farm with no water supply.

despite the pervasiveness of PD's, someone with a PD can appear quite charming to almost everyone (except those closest to them) and may not go over the edge until a particular button is pushed. They can snap - they do have triggers, such as narcissistic injury or lack of supply. In the case of the narcissistic mother, a male son whose personality has been absorbed and controlled by the mother may snap in response to a trigger and all the sublimated and internalized narcissistic rage (from the mother) over a lifetime may come through and be redirected or projected (CW, for instance). The female peer (or children) in the adult son's life (who is often rejected by the son's narc mother) becomes a proxy for the man's repressed rage at his mother.

There is a lot of overlap between sociopaths/psychopaths and narcissists. Much depends on what triggered them and what motivates them to step over into the dark side. There is callous manipulation, extreme self-centeredneas, exploitation, and lack of empathy.

Psychopaths: more likely to hurt others for specific purpose (eg get rid of witness). Narcissists: more likely to hurt others when their ego has been hurt (eg in response to “losing face”).

I can see PF fit into both. Alternatively, he might have lived fairly “normal life” until Sept 2018, when he might also have sufferered significant psych issue (like something happened which made him snap). It was in Sept when it was reported he first started soliciting for murder.

Also, personality disorder by default is “pervasive” and long term. It isn’t a sudden change in personality at age 30 or so.

Should maybe mention I’m a PhD clinical psychologist. Not that it makes me qualified to dx PF since he isn’t my client (in which case I’d have zero time to be on WS and speculate and discuss with other fellow WSs)!! I’d feel I was missing out big time:)

Well, I'm going to take a shot at this. I'm 10 pages behind in reading this thread, but what the heck. I've explained this in a previous thread.

Firstly, I doubt he has officially been diagnosed as a narc, but probably should be :) Those of us that have experienced the narcissistic personality recognize the behaviours they exhibit. It's a "cluster" of behaviours. PF employs some of these behaviours. Narcs come in "varieties" if you will. Not all narcs are murderers. Most are not. And, not all murderers are narcs. It depends on the situation they are trying to control, IMHO.

It's often hard to understand the "why", in why lovely people get involved with these deranged misfits if you don't understand the narc. Thye are the devil in disguise, master deceivers, even if they don't kill you. Unfortunately, this is not such a case. I suspect PF "love bombed" KB initially. Attentive, kind, gentle "loving". Difficult to resist such attention and "love". Lots of affection and promises. Narcs move quick, like PF did. Move her down there asap. They like their victims to be isolated from family and friends either by miles or socially. KB was also isolated from coworkers. Regrettably, she got pregnant. I've said before, and I don't like saying it, but baby K will be a comfort for KB's family, but she is likely the reason PF killed her. If there were no baby, there wouldn't be a need to kill her for custody and ultimate control.

All the initial affection takes a while to wear off. The victim begins to see through the cracks, the promises are hollow, as I'm sure KB began to realize, but the victim continues to think they can make it work, somehow. Some victims are empaths. I won't even start on that now because I don't think Kelsey was. But, as time goes on, the victim realizes there is no "knight in shining armour", just armour. Reality sets in. He's no longer on the pedestal she created for him during the love bombing. The mask has dropped and she sees him for what he is, and isn't. The narc feels this slight and he doesn't like it. Rejection. So, they cheat. Find another victim and love bomb them. Back on the pedestal where he needs to be. Same cycle. But now, he's got two on the go, one who adores him and one who sees him for what he is but is hanging on, still trying to make it work. But he doesn't want her anymore, she doesn't stroke his EGO, so he plans his escape. Create some "flying monkeys". Tell others "what she's really like", takes off, has mental health issues, isn't interested in getting married, OR, btw we broke up last New Year's, or was that TG? The lies he is telling others are projecting his own bad character and behaviours onto the victim. PF did this well just before he murdered her, to put himself in a positive light. Self preservation for a narc. You see this in those defending him. They really don't KNOW him.

I could go on, but there is so much info out there if people really want to understand the different narcissistic traits inherent in the disorder, you just need to read on-line or even listen to some Youtube videos by professionals on narcissism. I'm done :)

Loved your explanation.:):):)
I won't have to put myself to sleep, reading the latest crime novel, as here, your input applies in so many of these novels, where these creeps, need to murder, to move on.

O/T alert

The McStay trial started today and the opening statements happened.

It is in a private thread at this time hopefully it will be moved.

FYI for those that have been waiting for this for YEARS...

ETA.. I'm sending shout-outs to others that have been following this from the beginning that may not have realized it started as I had no idea until it was on a news feed that I had.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/trial-january-7th-2019.410396/

Well, I'm going to take a shot at this. I'm 10 pages behind in reading this thread, but what the heck. I've explained this in a previous thread.

Firstly, I doubt he has officially been diagnosed as a narc, but probably should be :) Those of us that have experienced the narcissistic personality recognize the behaviours they exhibit. It's a "cluster" of behaviours. PF employs some of these behaviours. Narcs come in "varieties" if you will. Not all narcs are murderers. Most are not. And, not all murderers are narcs. It depends on the situation they are trying to control, IMHO.

It's often hard to understand the "why", in why lovely people get involved with these deranged misfits if you don't understand the narc. Thye are the devil in disguise, master deceivers, even if they don't kill you. Unfortunately, this is not such a case. I suspect PF "love bombed" KB initially. Attentive, kind, gentle "loving". Difficult to resist such attention and "love". Lots of affection and promises. Narcs move quick, like PF did. Move her down there asap. They like their victims to be isolated from family and friends either by miles or socially. KB was also isolated from coworkers. Regrettably, she got pregnant. I've said before, and I don't like saying it, but baby K will be a comfort for KB's family, but she is likely the reason PF killed her. If there were no baby, there wouldn't be a need to kill her for custody and ultimate control.

All the initial affection takes a while to wear off. The victim begins to see through the cracks, the promises are hollow, as I'm sure KB began to realize, but the victim continues to think they can make it work, somehow. Some victims are empaths. I won't even start on that now because I don't think Kelsey was. But, as time goes on, the victim realizes there is no "knight in shining armour", just armour. Reality sets in. He's no longer on the pedestal she created for him during the love bombing. The mask has dropped and she sees him for what he is, and isn't. The narc feels this slight and he doesn't like it. Rejection. So, they cheat. Find another victim and love bomb them. Back on the pedestal where he needs to be. Same cycle. But now, he's got two on the go, one who adores him and one who sees him for what he is but is hanging on, still trying to make it work. But he doesn't want her anymore, she doesn't stroke his EGO, so he plans his escape. Create some "flying monkeys". Tell others "what she's really like", takes off, has mental health issues, isn't interested in getting married, OR, btw we broke up last New Year's, or was that TG? The lies he is telling others are projecting his own bad character and behaviours onto the victim. PF did this well just before he murdered her, to put himself in a positive light. Self preservation for a narc. You see this in those defending him. They really don't KNOW him.

I could go on, but there is so much info out there if people really want to understand the different narcissistic traits inherent in the disorder, you just need to read on-line or even listen to some Youtube videos by professionals on narcissism. I'm done :)
Great job. It is so complex and he didn't even read a book to learn how to play the part, although you would swear all narcs have read the same book.

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if her body were found in the opposite direction. PF’s account has her heading north so the investigation can be derailed. This buys him even more time than he already had... JMO :/
I agree with this EXCEPT I would be surprised if he put her in an easy place to get to. I expect she is deep in a remote, desolate forest.

"AGUILAR, Colo. - The Las Animas County Sheriff's Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation are investigating human remains that were found near the town of Aguilar on Sunday.

Deputies responded to the call of remains discovered in the area near an abandoned truck stop at exit 34 on Interstate 25 just after 3:00 p.m.

The coroner will work to identify the remains and determine the cause of death."

CBI inevstigates human remains found near Aguilar

The CBI is involved.

One report said this is a male.

If you take a look at a map Doss Aviation where she worked is not that far from where the human remains have been found. That’s quite a coincidence if it’s not her.

Oh, very good point. It's almost 2 hours from her house, but just over 1 hour from Pueblo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member