AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the above comments that the only pic known of was the one of Jim's truck and I thought I saw both doors open. I do not think it has ever been talked about in any interview, article or press conference that I am aware of.
Thank you! I probably didn't see the pictures. I should probably take a look.

Thank you! I probably didn't see the pictures. I should probably take a look.

It doesn't really show much, just the doors of the truck open in the driveway, as I recall anyhow. The county RV thing may have been in the background parked in the driveway. No people in evidence near the truck, just doors open. If my memory serves correctly. I would give you a link if I had any idea where to find it but I don't.

It doesn't really show much, just the doors of the truck open in the driveway, as I recall anyhow. The county RV thing may have been in the background parked in the driveway. No people in evidence near the truck, just doors open. If my memory serves correctly. I would give you a link if I had any idea where to find it but I don't.
Oh no, please don't. I obviously have lots of time on my hands.

Good morning- very happy to see on my local news this morning a quick clip announcing next week’s press conference by the Sheriff. I’m in Ohio. Glad to see it’s still in the media here, even if it’s a brief moment.

A press conference called for a week out is not the norm. The only time I can recall something like that is when LE says ‘we will have a presser every Tuesday to keep you all up to date’. And then if the case goes on too long they can’t keep that up. Going from nothing to a presser in a week is very very curious. The announcement coming as it did soon after a very interesting rumor makes me think they are connected. Why would LE wait to announce anything big? So they could have the most control on the announcement. They can plan it to the nth degree. We have said it here that if they called an unexpected presser, reporters would be wrecking their cars to get to it. This way they can better handle the circus that could erupt from a major announcement. Are they keeping info from the family until then? That would be cruel for sure, unless it IS good news and they can assure the family that Jayme is safe and well and that they will take them to her at a designated time. Someone once said somewhere on WS, reporters know if you want to find out info about someone, watch those closest to them. I am not in any way shape or form suggesting that stalking the family is a good idea. But maybe if the attorney ad litem was observed traveling to and from a hospital or safe house of some sort it would tell us something. I believe this delayed presser is a good sign, as frustrating as it is to wait. If I am right that she has been found alive, and recovering, the media will explode with this news, and I could understand why they would want to protect Jayme and her family from that. I will just be grateful she is OK. I hope & pray this is the case.

What is the reason for them waiting another full week to hold another presser? Are they waiting on some toxicology reports or forensics?

Hmm. Waiting another week makes me think the update could go one of four ways:
1: we got nothing more than we had before.
2: we got toxicology and forensics back and it lead to xyz or pointed us away from xyz
3: we have a poi (name him?) or a suspect in custody has provided info....
4: we have a body and waited for the id before releasing info? (Could they hide that from media do you think?).

Any other possible reasons to delay a conference?

The release says that everyone involved will be available during the conference. Perhaps not everyone could get together in one place before the 15th. Plus, the anniversary.

Was there any confirmation of what group she danced with? Or when her recitals/shows may have been?

also Jayme was heard on the call screaming for help, meaning she was witness to the crime. i hate to be so blunt but no way a killer is gonna kill two adults and then flee leaving behind a 13 year old witness, or let her flee the house if they see her making a run for it.
I missed this, is this how LE knee she was home at the time? Because Jayme was heard on the call?

Then why did they not know about her for two+ hours?
ETA: There are just too many inconsistencies in this story and this is one of them. JMO

If LE thinks Jayme made the call, they would not have come to that conclusion until many hours later, or longer, since no one spoke to the dispatcher and identified themselves. Also, although a cursory search of the house would reveal what looks like a teenager's bedroom, without knowing the family and who lived in the house, it would take some time (apparently 2 hours) to establish that a) a teenager lived there, and b) said teenager is missing. There are many pieces that had to be put together to come to the few conclusions that we know about. IMO.

Then why did they not know about her for two+ hours?
ETA: There are just too many inconsistencies in this story and this is one of them. JMO

I believe this refers to they didn't know for sure she was missing for 2 hours. The calls for a search team and a drone were within an hour of first response. You'd have to clear the house, too. Would like to see some clarification on this, but the thought they had no idea a child lived at the house in some fashion for 2+ hours is difficult to imagine.

That's the one. It's really hard to tell (so far) what is going on in the background.

On a side note, when I see pictures like this one of Jayme, it really boggles my mind that they used that first pic on the Amber Alert. It was just a terrible photo.
Possibly in an unfinished garage? Also appears to be a dog crate in view under her armpit.

I missed this, is this how LE knee she was home at the time? Because Jayme was heard on the call?
No he said evidence from the 911 call and the scene indicated she was there at the time, nothing specific like they absolutely heard her voice. In fact, he has always maintained that the 911 call sounded muffled, like being in another room.

That's the one. It's really hard to tell (so far) what is going on in the background.

On a side note, when I see pictures like this one of Jayme, it really boggles my mind that they used that first pic on the Amber Alert. It was just a terrible photo.
I have wondered the same thing. Besides being a terrible photo she is so much younger. Why use it for an Amber Alert? Someone seeing her might not recognize her. In that photo she was a child, in the recent photos she is a teenager.

If LE thinks Jayme made the call, they would not have come to that conclusion until many hours later, or longer, since no one spoke to the dispatcher and identified themselves. Also, although a cursory search of the house would reveal what looks like a teenager's bedroom, without knowing the family and who lived in the house, it would take some time (apparently 2 hours) to establish that a) a teenager lived there, and b) said teenager is missing. There are many pieces that had to be put together to come to the few conclusions that we know about. IMO.
Thank you very well said. They had to confirm the details before the published a very serious Amber Alert. The AA's require details that they didn't have at the time ie suspect, vehicle. It took some time to get that AA approved. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann