Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just giving this a bump. Not surprisingly there isn't anything to really talk about (and probably won't be). Most of us agree that it isn't Tara and we can only debate rather it is real or not real for so long. In anycase this is probably a pretty unique thread on this forum. Most threads are about legit missing persons and it is only a matter of what happened to them. With this Port St. Joe photo the debate is on rather it is actually even a case at all.

Hi Sony12. Thanks for the call out - I'm still here but haven't posted as feel there isn't much more to contribute.

For the record, I can categorically confirm I’m not one of the kids in the picture!

For what it’s worth I think the photo is a hoax. When you see the original, that has recently come to light thanks to the Tara Calico podcasts, it is so clear and sharp that is must be staged.

I think that this is solvable, it just needs publicity. There’s probably only 10’s of people looking at these posts so that’s not going to crack it. I remember reading that Marilyn Manson stated in his autobiography that he regularly took these kinds of pictures and left them lying around as a “joke”. This one would have fallen into this category and no one would ever have seen or heard about it if it wasn’t linked to the Calico case. Wonder if Manson would show it at all of his live shows – that would give it some air time!

I suspect the two kids and the person behind the camera have long forgotten about the joke picture they took on their road trip to south Florida back in the late ‘80s.

For what it’s worth I think the photo is a hoax. When you see the original, that has recently come to light thanks to the Tara Calico podcasts, it is so clear and sharp that is must be staged.

Just out of curiosity the photo that you said has recently come to light is that the same one that is currently up on Tara's Wikipedia page? Or is there another one that has been revealed recently that is even more clear than that one was?

There is an update in the latest Tara Calico pod cast (episode 19 around 5m 20s in), just released today, from Melinda Esquibel that eludes to a tip regarding the two kids in the photo

Melinda states she is following this up with a PI but it is leading to more questions than answers.

Thanks Gravity Well. Unfortunately what you wrote is indeed all that she says about it. I wonder if she will at least eventually say what the tip said regardless of rather it leads to any new info or not?

Similar to how she once said that a police officer back in the day told her that a lady called him saying she was the girl in the photo but it never could be verified because supposedly the info was lost due to a computer crash.

Last edited:
Does anyone here think the girl in the polaroid looks like this missing girl, Melissa Aurora Burgess?

I believe there's a strong resemblance.

Connections:
- Polaroid found in June/July 1989 in Port St. Joseph, FL
- Melissa went missing in St. Petersburg, FL on February 12, 1988

I've found ZERO information on the disappearance of Melissa A. Burgess. If anyone finds information, let me know.

Sources for photos:

polaroid - Case File — VANISHED: The Tara Calico Investigation
melissa - Missing Person Case

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 10.55.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 10.55.22 AM.png
    358.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 10.55.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 10.55.41 AM.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 51
Does anyone here think the girl in the polaroid looks like this missing girl, Melissa Aurora Burgess?

Connections:

I've found ZERO information on the disappearance of Melissa A. Burgess. If anyone finds information, let me know.

Sources for photos:

The eyes look the same. Nose. I'd love to see her ears.

Connections:

Sources for photos:

Very interesting!

The eyes look the same. Nose. I'd love to see her ears.

I found another photo of her on her NAMUS profile which shows part of her ear! Looks like two different ears to me.

I why wonder there's zero information on this missing girl? She wasn't entered into NAMUS until September of 2011.

Here's the comparison, what do you think?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.16.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.16.18 PM.png
    820.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.21.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.21.03 PM.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.22.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.22.05 PM.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 42

Connections:

Sources for photos:

Melissa is referenced on this uid thread..
FL - FL - Miami-Dade Co., WhtFem 791UFFL, 18-25, exhaust burns on calves, Sept'79

@dotr yes, saw that. The UID was found in '79. Melissa went missing in '88.

I'm looking for information surrounding her disappearance. Let me know if you find anything else.

Thanks!!

I found another photo of her on her NAMUS profile which shows part of her ear! Looks like two different ears to me.

I why wonder there's zero information on this missing girl? She wasn't entered into NAMUS until September of 2011.

Here's the comparison, what do you think?

Darn. It does look different.

I think Melissa is a little too old to be the girl in the port st. joe photo. The general feeling from most everyone that sees the photo of the port st. joe photo (including those from law enforcement) is that she is in her mid teens. Melissa didn't go missing until she was in her twenties.

This part gets me in relation to this case.rbbm.
From link..
"Jackson may have been spotted some time later in a vehicle with two unidentified Caucasian males. The first male is described as being approximately 20 - 22 years old at the time with a medium build. He had brown hair, which was pulled back into a ponytail. The second male is described as being approximately 18 - 20 years old, 5'8 and 150 pounds. He had brown hair and a mustache. They were driving a 1978 or 1979 brown four-door “Chevrolet Impala” with possible damage to the right front panel".

Aside from the fact that he didn't go missing until after the photo was found Danny also looks older in the face than the boy in the photo does. I think the boy in the photo is a legit 8 or 9 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy