TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

Thinking about Smurfette.

Just emailed a French pediatric nephrologist asking him if the bone and teeth feature might be linked to a childhood kidney disease.

Will let you know the answer

Just received the answer this morning.

His opinion is that bone & teeth findings can be consistent with childhood kidney disease.

He was surprised about why I do this kind of matching as a simple citizen, so I sent him an explanation.

He suggested me to call him during the week. I agreed wholeheartedly, and asked him what is the best moment in his week schedule.
Because I don't want to call him in the middle of a difficult consultation, or in the middle of a staff meeting...

Hope he won't be afraid of my explanation about why I do that.
Will you cross the fingers for me, please?

Still can’t believe it’s been almost 6 years since I first learned about Smurfette and she’s still unidentified. And, like always, there’s no one on NamUs who fits both her physical profile and the information we know from the isotope testing.

She HAS to have someone who misses her. When are they going to report her missing?

Thank you, Gardener1850.

From the above link:

UNIDENTIFIED
Jane Doe 2012
NCMU1205209c1.jpg

• Date Found
    • Oct 16, 2012
    • Location Found
    • Houston, TX
    • Estimated Age
    • 15-17
    • Sex
    • Female
    • Race
    • Biracial
    • Hair Color
    • Brown
    • Eye Color
    • Unknown
    • Estimated Height
    • 4'7" to 5'3"
Extra Photo
NCMU1205209x1.jpg

NCMU1205209x1.jpg

NCMU1205209x2.jpg

On October 16, 2012, the body of an unidentified female was located in Houston, Texas near Walters Road. It is believed the decedent died sometime during the month of September 2012. The decedent is possibly of mixed ancestry (African American and Caucasian) and is described as having a small build. She had very dark brown, shoulder length, wavy/curly hair that was held back from her face with a standard bobby pin. She was found wearing a blue-green “Smurfette” t-shirt and size 5 cargo pants (shown above). The decedent had a pronounced overbite and dental fillings in three of her lower molars. The reconstruction featured above is an artist’s rendering of what she may have looked like. The clothing photos shown above have been enhanced to aid in visual identification and may not reflect the original case file images. Anyone with information should contact the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, reference case number ML 12-3150.
  • Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences (Texas) 1-713-796-6774
Have you seen this child? JANE DOE2012

Last edited:
This October 16th is going to be the 7th anniversary of Smurfette's body being found. I refuse to believe that us strangers on an internet forum are the only people who have ever cared about this girl. I'm positive that there is someone out there who knew her, loved her, and wonders what she is doing now. They just haven't made the connection yet.

I've been following her case since early 2013, and I think what got me the most interested at first was that I was so close in age to her at the time. I was 18, and 18 felt like such a long time to me then. It's only now that I'm in my mid-20s that I realize just how short a life of 15 - 17 years is, and how much Smurfette has missed out on in the past seven years. Someone stole that from her, and they need to be caught and punished for what they did.

Still searching, Smurfette.
When did namus become so difficult to use? lol. I LOVE that it is mobile friendly but I’ve noticed I can’t find information I once had access to...maybe it’s there and I just haven’t clicked the right button yet.

It used to flat out tell you whether or not DNA was available and if testing was/wasn’t complete, - is that feature still available? Cause I can’t find that info anywhere and it’s driving me nuts!

Still searching, Smurfette.
When did namus become so difficult to use? lol. I LOVE that it is mobile friendly but I’ve noticed I can’t find information I once had access to...maybe it’s there and I just haven’t clicked the right button yet.

It used to flat out tell you whether or not DNA was available and if testing was/wasn’t complete, - is that feature still available? Cause I can’t find that info anywhere and it’s driving me nuts!

No, not available--it was decided that HIPPA covers people's DNA and other biometrics, so it can't be disclosed without need to know. Which doesn't include the general public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back