Norway Norway - Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik, 68, kidnapped, cryptocurrency ransom demanded, Oslo, 31 Oct 2018

Polisens råd: ”Betala ingen lösensumma” | SvD

Svenska Dagbladet, Sweden. today 10.48 am.

LE:s advice, Don´t pay any ransome money

quoted and translated snippet:

"suspected to have been removed from within the bathroom in the couple's residence, VG states. According to information, there should not have been traces of burglary or video recording from the occasion"

Due to the Mcstay trial I haven´t heard any of this but will snoop around the articles to look for updates. This is just wat I caught with a quick search.

Kidnappers demand £8 million ransom for wife of one of Norway's richest men after disappearance | Daily Mail Online

[...]

Tommy Broske at the Eastern Police District said the way Mrs Falkevik Hagen was abducted suggested 'that these are professional offenders'.

Police added that officers do not know if she is being held in the same place since her kidnap or has been taken outside of Norway.

[...]

Many Norwegian media outlets knew of Mrs Falkevik Hagen's disappearance but did not publish any details after the police warned against publicising the kidnap over fears the attackers would harm the victim.

There is no evidence Mrs Falkevik Hagen has been harmed since she disappeared, but officers have also not received any 'proof of life', police said.

Broske added during an appeal for help to the public: 'A ransom demand and serious threats have been issued. We have not known anything comparable in this country.

'Our main theory is that the victim was kidnapped by unidentified perpetrators at her home.

'We need information, and that is why we now go out into the media.

upload_2019-1-9_17-12-37.jpeg

How did they know it was a kidnapping back in October if the ransom demand was only received recently? It's a bit much to stay quiet for over two months if your wife goes missing.
They knew right away, they just kept a low profile...
Anne-Elisabeth’s husband, Tom Hagen, arrived an empty home October 31st where he found a written letter. The letter was written in Norwegian with spelling errors. The threat note demanded a 9 million euro ransom to be paid in the cryptocurrency Monero. The threat note went on and claimed that Anne-Elisabeth would be murdered if the police got involved. That’s why the police think they are dealing with a kidnapping case.

I think that’s Google lost in translation. :D

It should probably say ”by then“, not ”until then“. The way I understand it is that Aftenposten was told just before Christmas that there had been no sign of life since she was taken. So, I think they have nothing but some electronic messages with demands for ransom, no sign of life.

Maybe one of our Norwegian Websleuthers can confirm?
Ah, thanks Cyber... I was thinking they had heard something. Darn! The language translations are probably quite cumbersome.

Looking for 3 people seen on video :

COPENHAGEN, Denmark — Norwegian police investigating the believed abduction of millionaire Tom Hagen’s wife released Thursday two surveillance videos taken outside the businessman’s office on the day she disappeared.

Police called for the three people seen in the Oct. 31 video to get in touch. Hagen’s 68-year-old wife, Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen, disappeared that day and police believe she has been abducted.

Chief police investigator Tommy Broeske said one of the men was seen walking on a road before turning around and going back down the road immediately. Police wanted to speak to the man, as well as another person walking on the same road and a passing cyclist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0cd4f7926f2_story.html?utm_term=.edef532fd3a0

Mmh. Color me puzzled :confused: Why do they want to speak to people who were passing by the husband's office? Do they think they were ensuring the husband did not go home at the time the kidnapping was planned? Or do they think the husband was involved? What could these men possibly contribute to shed some light on Anne's disappearance?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back