Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

A lot of people that have phones, but no cellular service, will use free wifi and download free text apps. Of course they can only text while in the wifi areas.

I hadn’t thought of this, but this is a great point! We give our old phones to nieces/nephews who use it for just that. I wonder if it was a similar situation: someone’s old phone, money is tight, can’t afford activation right now.

Do we know if her ex was in the area at time of disappearance or if he was in KY? I saw him on the tv interview w her mom, so it looks like he’s there now. Not sure if he followed her from KY when she moved into mom’s or if he’s only there due to the fact that she’s missing/comforting daughter?

I'm a single parent and if my mom were watching my kids, I'd be on her schedule rather than my own. While I might be used to being up late in order to work to close down a Chili's, my mom works a regular 9-5 job. If she's babysitting so I can go out and do something fun, she would want me to pick up my kids before *her* bedtime, not mine.

Sounds like maybe a car wreak. If there are places along the route that a car can’t be seen easily if she ran off the road.
Depends on where she lived. I'm somewhat familiar with Ennis, having grown up not too far away. Ennis itself isn't that small but once you get out of town there are some rural farmlands.

Wow, you guys. I’m a LONG time WS member; but I don’t post much.

This is my hometown. This is where my parents and entire family still live. JJ (x husband in the wfaa video) lived across the street from me for many years; and of course we went to school together.

I will be following this one closely and am sending all of my love and good vibes to the family for her SAFE return.

I dont feel its a car wreck.

This story has been told countless times here.
- woman goes over to a mans home
- woman disappears without a trace
- man says last time he saw her was her just driving away.

usually leads to the man being arrested for murdering her.

5:30-8:30 is a very short time to get or order pizza, hang out, watch a movie...

IMO he is saying she left at 8:30 because he likely was out moving her body somewhere after that time and wants to try to justify why people might say they seen his car.

He is from Ennis. He may have left after HS; but he is an Ennis boy.

I hadn’t thought of this, but this is a great point! We give our old phones to nieces/nephews who use it for just that. I wonder if it was a similar situation: someone’s old phone, money is tight, can’t afford activation right now.

Do we know if her ex was in the area at time of disappearance or if he was in KY? I saw him on the tv interview w her mom, so it looks like he’s there now. Not sure if he followed her from KY when she moved into mom’s or if he’s only there due to the fact that she’s missing/comforting daughter?

I dont feel its a car wreck.

This story has been told countless times here.
- woman goes over to a mans home
- woman disappears without a trace
- man says last time he saw her was her just driving away.

usually leads to the man being arrested for murdering her.

5:30-8:30 is a very short time to get or order pizza, hang out, watch a movie...

IMO he is saying she left at 8:30 because he likely was out moving her body somewhere after that time and wants to try to justify why people might say they seen his car.

Definitely possible, or maybe even probable, but look at the Heather Elvis case. She went on a first date with a guy and was killed when she went BACK out to meet her former lover, after the date dropped her off.

Police ask for help finding missing Ennis mother
Ennis Police are not talking on camera about the case, but they say they have cleared Jones, Wade’s mother and her co-worker at Chili’s as persons of interest. They say they retraced possible routes she could have taken home that night, both on foot and flying overhead with a drone. They also say Wade’s phone is off, making it untraceable. She hasn’t used her debit card or had any contact with her family.

Am I understanding correctly, the family doesn't know who the coworker is and\or where he lives? Since they don't know who she was with or where she was last seen?

That seems odd.

I hope LE is checking all routes from the coworker's residence that traverse or come close to a waterway. When a person goes missing with his\her vehicle, accidentally driving into a body of water needs to be ruled out.

If she was watching a movie with a coworker, yet no one knows who the coworker was, then there may not have been a coworker at all or the coworker would have come forward unless the coworker had something to do with her disappearance.

Am I understanding correctly, the family doesn't know who the coworker is and\or where he lives? Since they don't know who she was with or where she was last seen?

That seems odd.

I hope LE is checking all routes from the coworker's residence that traverse or come close to a waterway. When a person goes missing with his\her vehicle, accidentally driving into a body of water needs to be ruled out.

Where did you see that they don't know who the co-worker is? The last article posted said that they had cleared her mom and the co-worker.

ETA- This is the article: Police ask for help finding missing Ennis mother

More specifically: "Ennis police said they have cleared Jones, Wade’s mother and her co-worker at Chili’s as persons of interest."

If she was watching a movie with a coworker, yet no one knows who the coworker was, then there may not have been a coworker at all or the coworker would have come forward unless the coworker had something to do with her disappearance.
The two posts right before mine both said they do not know who the coworker was.

Actually, I’ll delete myself. The less I say the better. It’s all very confusing right now, hopefully we will get some clarification soon.

Edit: apparently I can’t delete it?

That post will probably get deleted by Mods as rumor unless they become a VI. LE is saying the co-worker has been cleared which in MOO means they have to know who it is. ;)

I keep thinking of 3 scenarios:

1. She crashed somewhere off the roadway (waterway or in the woods) and no one has found her yet. Her phone could have busted as soon as she crashed and that would explain why the phone is not working.
2. She met someone after leaving her friends house and things turned south (maybe this other friend wanted more than what she wanted or something like that).
3. She broke down (wonder if her car had been having mechanical problems?) and someone offered to help and took advantage and kidnapped her and things turned south from there.

This does not look good. I hope they find her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back