GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

My family and friends are more important than sterile duty. If I had information, they would get it annonymously.
Murder victims have family and friends too.
OT... in my case a ten yr old boy was left without his father.
He at least appreciated that not only did witnesses call police and try to render aid,we also testified in court.
Sometimes in life you have to what is right versus what is safe. IMO

He at least appreciated that not only did witnesses call police and try to render aid,we also testified in court.
There is nothing wrong with giving your story annonymously. When you have a deranged public threatening innocent people, you have to protect your family. It is your responsibility. The actions of Shaun King and his minions have resulted in less people willing to come forward publically to give evidence. That is the evil of vigilantism.

There is nothing wrong with giving your story annonymously. When you have a deranged public threatening innocent people, you have to protect your family. It is your responsibility. The actions of Shaun King and his minions have resulted in less people willing to come forward publically to give evidence. That is the evil of vigilantism.
See something say something.
I can only hope that if I ever needed help that someone would be willing to step up instead of turning their back out of fear.
Thank goodness for the person that gave the tip to Shaun King.imo

See something say something.
I can only hope that if I ever needed help that someone would be willing to step up instead of turning their back out of fear.
Thank goodness for the person that gave the tip to Shaun King.imo
You mean the anonymous tipster?

I appreciate your sentiment behind your comment regarding being a witness, however, in the U.K., I have been involved in putting a family into witness protection for what they had innocently observed. Their lives were made hell! When you have exceptionally violent gangs who care not one jot about witness intimidation and who will do or arrange to have done ANYTHING to take out the witnesses, then I too as LE Senior Detective, would think twice. I am all about duty but unless you have been under serious threat of harm for just doing your job, which I have OR because you just happened to witness an event and as a result, threats are being made, then I’m sorry but you cannot appreciate the fear, the worry, the thought that they are going to torture your family and in particular the vulnerable ones like your kids or elderly parents, then you cannot truly say that it’s duty over safety. I do not mean to be disrespectful to you but it’s a very naive view. Of course in an ideal world we would all want and expect witnesses to come forward, step up to the plate and give evidence in Court but the reality can be totally life wrenching- truly it can! And each case has to be viewed independently and each witness has to do what they believe is right .
I know of a man who had fuel poured over him and was burned to death on the step of his family’s home because he refused to back down as a witness. Another was attacked by 15 men with machetes in a packed public house on a Sunday in front of children and families, including his own and was hacked to death. Until you know what you are dealing with, and whom, then it cannot be so black and white. There are grey areas that some cases fall into no matter how much your own personal integrity and morals tell you to do what is right . Sometimes that’s simply not an option. MOO

I appreciate your sentiment behind your comment regarding being a witness, however, in the U.K., I have been involved in putting a family into witness protection for what they had innocently observed. Their lives were made hell! When you have exceptionally violent gangs who care not one jot about witness intimidation and who will do or arrange to have done ANYTHING to take out the witnesses, then I too as LE Senior Detective, would think twice. I am all about duty but unless you have been under serious threat of harm for just doing your job, which I have OR because you just happened to witness an event and as a result, threats are being made, then I’m sorry but you cannot appreciate the fear, the worry, the thought that they are going to torture your family and in particular the vulnerable ones like your kids or elderly parents, then you cannot truly say that it’s duty over safety. I do not mean to be disrespectful to you but it’s a very naive view. Of course in an ideal world we would all want and expect witnesses to come forward, step up to the plate and give evidence in Court but the reality can be totally life wrenching- truly it can! And each case has to be viewed independently and each witness has to do what they believe is right .
I know of a man who had fuel poured over him and was burned to death on the step of his family’s home because he refused to back down as a witness. Another was attacked by 15 men with machetes in a packed public house on a Sunday in front of children and families, including his own and was hacked to death. Until you know what you are dealing with, and whom, then it cannot be so black and white. There are grey areas that some cases fall into no matter how much your own personal integrity and morals tell you to do what is right . Sometimes that’s simply not an option. MOO
And I appreciate your post based on your experiences.
However you can't really say what I know about fear of reprisal because you don't know that I haven't dealt with a large group acting against me and family in an effort to intimidate.
I know about the fear and worry that comes with stepping forward and I would do the same again.
If anything their efforts made me all the more determined to come forward.
It wasn't easy,but it was right.
Where would we be if we all turned our backs?

Last edited:
However you can't really say what I know about fear of reprisal because you don't know that I haven't dealt with a large group acting against me and family in an effort to intimidate.
I know about the fear and worry that comes with stepping forward and I would do the same again.
There is nothing wrong with annonymous evidence. I'm sorry but I value my family and friends and I will let the police handle it. After all, this murder case has been solved with annonymous information. As this case also proves, eyewitness testimony is not all that good.

You’re right in that I don’t personally know what you have been through and the fear involved and I’m sorry that you have had to experience such a devastating event. You are a braver person than I if you would go back and do it all again when the risks I’m referring to are your children being potentially kidnapped and tortured and your elderly parents the same, when your windows get smashed every night and granades are launched through your window into your house, when you are followed by a car load of ‘heavies’ everywhere you go, when you get constant warnings like pigs severed heads left on your wall outside your house, when you move to a secret location more than once and they still find you ... I could go on but I’m sure you get my point .
Hats off to you if you have been able to come through having suffered this and still been able to give evidence. I applaud you, truly I do.
But not everyone has the strength to go through that and my point is that it’s not so simple to say duty before safety. I don’t suggest we all turn our backs, these are severe cases not everyday cases and of course we should do the right thing when we can . But it’s an individual choice and if a straightforward or relatively straightforward case without threats or fear then of course we should do the right thing. But not every case is like that and each has to be looked at and options weighed rather than going ahead no matter what as doing the right thing is more important than your own and your family’s safety. That’s my point .
Put it this way - I wouldn’t be giving evidence against the Cartels or MS13 or the Crips and the bloods , or go against the Russian regime like Sergei Magnitsky ( look what happened there for simply doing his job) without careful consideration of every aspect and I certainly would not say I have to do so as it’s my duty even if my family safety is compromised and they suffer the serious consequences and a potentially tortuous death .
I’m sorry to harp on but it’s just not so clear cut in my MOO.
I apologise if it came across in my first post that I had presumed you hadn’t faced the fear , that is not what I intended or meant .

There is nothing wrong with annonymous evidence. I'm sorry but I value my family and friends and I will let the police handle it. After all, this murder case has been solved with annonymous information. As this case also proves, eyewitness testimony is not all that good.
I agree wholeheartedly especially with your comment about eye witness testimony. In the U.K. it cannot be relied upon without some other tangible supporting evidence, and there would never be a case where a conviction was brought to bear solely on eye witness testimony as it is so notoriously unreliable due to stress and pressure and the adrenaline involved in the humans fight or flight response .

You’re right in that I don’t personally know what you have been through and the fear involved and I’m sorry that you have had to experience such a devastating event. You are a braver person than I if you would go back and do it all again when the risks I’m referring to are your children being potentially kidnapped and tortured and your elderly parents the same, when your windows get smashed every night and granades are launched through your window into your house, when you are followed by a car load of ‘heavies’ everywhere you go, when you get constant warnings like pigs severed heads left on your wall outside your house, when you move to a secret location more than once and they still find you ... I could go on but I’m sure you get my point .
Hats off to you if you have been able to come through having suffered this and still been able to give evidence. I applaud you, truly I do.
But not everyone has the strength to go through that and my point is that it’s not so simple to say duty before safety. I don’t suggest we all turn our backs, these are severe cases not everyday cases and of course we should do the right thing when we can . But it’s an individual choice and if a straightforward or relatively straightforward case without threats or fear then of course we should do the right thing. But not every case is like that and each has to be looked at and options weighed rather than going ahead no matter what as doing the right thing is more important than your own and your family’s safety. That’s my point .
Put it this way - I wouldn’t be giving evidence against the Cartels or MS13 or the Crips and the bloods , or go against the Russian regime like Sergei Magnitsky ( look what happened there for simply doing his job) without careful consideration of every aspect and I certainly would not say I have to do so as it’s my duty even if my family safety is compromised and they suffer the serious consequences and a potentially tortuous death .
I’m sorry to harp on but it’s just not so clear cut in my MOO.
I apologise if it came across in my first post that I had presumed you hadn’t faced the fear , that is not what I intended or meant .
Not at all. I appreciate your insight.I feel as though we have went way OT as this isn't about what you or I or anyone else might do in any given situation.Also I don't want to come across as seeming superior for coming forth as a witness.
I am more stubborn than brave.
Much of what you posted,except for pigs heads (domestic animals in my case) for 5 long yrs.
And guns fired as well.
I also wouldn't want to go up against any of the groups you mentioned.
In my case it was your average everyday p*nks. Scary none the less.
Same as this case. IMO

Alleged shooter in Jazmine Barnes killing denies involvement, attorney says

“The Harris County sheriff has said that authorities have now learned the pickup truck had come to a stop at a red light next to the car Jazmine, her mother and the girl's three sisters were in, but went in a different direction moments before the shooting.”

Stopped at the Wallisville Road intersection?

Was the red truck on the passenger side, then turned right on Wallisville- the way to Joe Vs?

Or was it on the driver’s side and immediately went left onto the entrance ramp to Beltway 8?

Last edited:

“The Harris County sheriff has said that authorities have now learned the pickup truck had come to a stop at a red light next to the car Jazmine, her mother and the girl's three sisters were in, but went in a different direction moments before the shooting.”

Was the red truck on the passenger side, then turned right on Wallisville- the way to Joe Vs?

Or was it on the driver’s side and immediately went left onto the entrance ramp to Beltway 8?
Everything I've read so far says they shared a light and went in different directions. Authorities are not being overly informative, to say the least. I can't find any information on other possible suspects. The police seem to be saying it was the two under arrest. Does anyone know where "other possible suspects" mean?

So, Larry Woodruffe claims he wasn't in the SUV driven by Eric Black, and wasn't involved in the attack in any way. This could get very interesting. Wonder if they will be tried together.

Lawyer: Man denies involvement in killing of Houston girl

Here's a photo of Woodruffe and his rap sheet:
Imgur

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...wyers-question-police-tactics-in-13532204.php

Defense lawyers question police tactics in Jazmine Barnes shooting case

Nunnery said three police officers, members of Houston's Gang Violence Task Force, questioned his client on January 10. That is three days after Black appeared in court and Nunnery was granted a motion to keep law enforcement from talking to Black.

Eric Black, suspect in Jazmine Barnes shooting death, had rights violated, attorney says

Eric Black, suspect in Jazmine Barnes shooting death, had rights violated, attorney says

The hearing was requested after the attorney claimed the gang task force interviewed Black, 20, without his lawyer's consent, which violates his constitutional rights.

"Right now, what is critical is I'm trying to discover who those officers were, who recorded the interview. I don't know any of that information as of now," defense attorney Alvin Nunnery.

Police still wanting driver of pickup to come forward. This sketch looks like my brothers-in-law.

Heck, we still don’t know where the family was actually going that morning. She stated Joe Vs but she would have turned right at the intersection not gone straight.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back