Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police, to explain how they've eliminated all possibilities except whichever leads they're currently following.

Yes, although that would be nice, I think that is what the police brief of evidence is for.

The Coroner has and will be scrutinising every word and exhibit in that brief, and has decided/will decide whose testimony and answers will best assist in the decision of whether little William is now deceased, how that happened, and if a known or unknown person may be responsible ... and/or is more investigation warranted, in specific areas, before those decisions can be made (which I suspect may be the case).

BBM
NSW Police propose the inquest will be held in 2019 before Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame, who observed the large-scale search police undertook this July.
She has requested a brief of evidence that will be provided by the year's end.

Police said the inquest would be an "opportunity to test information and evidence" gathered by Strike Force Rosann and further the investigation.
Unsolved disappearance of William Tyrrell referred to coroner

Last edited:
"A 'brief of evidence' is a group of documents, including statements and photographs that the police may use as evidence at the hearing. In most cases, it will contain:
  • a 'contents list' of the documents in the brief of evidence
  • statements from the police officers involved in the case
  • statements from the victim (if there is one) and witnesses
  • copies of any exhibits, for example, photos or CDs containing CCTV footage
  • the results of any forensic tests, for example, blood tests
  • a transcript or recording of the interview between you and the police (if you did one)"
Reading a brief of evidence

I'm thinking of how easy it may be for someone living nearby to William to grab him & pretty soon after, take off in a vehicle. But then their return - that's not so easy is it? Hiding him has a limited time frame - i would imagine, given the action around there. Unless there was enough time to hide him & leave later? The mind boggles

ps i am talking any resident of those two streets
He might take William in the car, come back on foot, say he was searching?

It was on last nights channel 9 news, W. But the nephew wasn’t a scapegoat, he has been arrested for the murder.

Not in a position to supply a link atm, sorry, but it’s on nine news website.

Yes I agree, he's been charged with his uncle's murdering. I haven't suggested he was a 'scape goat. I was meaning to hilight the time it took for Police to charge him, even though his house was raided probably 6 months ago...

It would be interesting to know if anyone actually was living there at the time. Or if the house was empty. Tenant/owner having moved out by the time William disappeared (seeing that the interior house photos that were available on r/e sites looked like they were taken as someone was moving).
yes i wonder if someone came back to that house on 12th sept morning to get something left behind..so yes who was living in that house

Why do you think he is subpeonaed to attend the first sitting of the inquest. A big conspiracy that everyone is in on? The police .. the media .. the Coroner?

I am very interested to know why the continued huge support for a prime POI. If he is found to be legally responsible for William's disappearance, how will Spedding's supporters feel when this is all done and dusted? Will they continue to just think the authorities are wrong?
The question can also be directed at those who are sure BS is guilty. If he is found to be innocent will you agree or think he got away with it.

"A 'brief of evidence' is a group of documents, including statements and photographs that the police may use as evidence at the hearing. In most cases, it will contain:
  • a transcript or recording of the interview between you and the police (if you did one)"
Is a police brief of evidence for a coronial inquest the same as one for a criminal matter? I imagine they'd have to show different things, for different purposes.

There’s 9 banks along Bold Street Laurieton and the ANZ (closed in 2018) was practically next door to the school so I imagine bank’s cameras would take footage outside and along the street of anyone walking or driving close by.
Admittedly the ANZ is away from the Buzz Cafe it’s cameras might have taken footage of cars going past.
Banks cameras only beginning operating when the robbery alarm is pushed.

Eager to know about all the exhibits. Hopefully they will answer a few questions that've been hanging over us all.

The question can also be directed at those who are sure BS is guilty. If he is found to be innocent will you agree or think he got away with it.

If Spedding is innocent, then I will be content with that. Your question gives me the impression that you think I am persecuting him, which I am not.
I simply feel that he is the primary POI .. and we can speak of him, and thoroughly investigate his movements, and alibi (according to Colin).

He is not the only person on my personal list, louisepiglet, as I have mentioned at least several times. I just cannot speak of the other person on that list because that person is not a named POI.
Nor is the other person one of the cleared persons.

(Your words "those who are sure BS is guilty" .... is anyone sure of that, or anything else?? We do not know what the police know.)

Last edited:
Is a police brief of evidence for a coronial inquest the same as one for a criminal matter? I imagine they'd have to show different things, for different purposes.

I would think the police brief for a Coroner may be even more substantial ... as there are 5 suspects, not just one.
It likely will include any thoughts, evidence, statements, etc about all 5 suspects.

It will probably also include the extensive searches and anything found during those.

As well as including how various people who are/were close to William - both emotionally and geographically - have been ruled out, and any statements and evidence along those lines.

I would think that all of these above things would need to be in the police brief, or at least within the police testimony, as the Coroner tries to determine if William is alive or deceased.

imo

Last edited:
If only this was to happen to little William

'Please help me': 'Skinny, dirty' 13-year-old Wisconsin girl stumbles out of woods months after abduction

The woman who first spotted Jayme on Thursday, Jeanne Nutter, said she was walking her dog along a rural road when a disheveled teenage girl called out to her for help and quickly grabbed her. Only then did Jayme reveal her name.

US girl missing since parent’s shooting murder found alive

If only this was to happen to little William

'Please help me': 'Skinny, dirty' 13-year-old Wisconsin girl stumbles out of woods months after abduction

The woman who first spotted Jayme on Thursday, Jeanne Nutter, said she was walking her dog along a rural road when a disheveled teenage girl called out to her for help and quickly grabbed her. Only then did Jayme reveal her name.

US girl missing since parent’s shooting murder found alive

Amazingly good news. And she could even name her abductor.

yes i wonder if someone came back to that house on 12th sept morning to get something left behind..so yes who was living in that house
Now that’s an interesting thought, wonder if the cars supposedy seen outside that morning had a connection.

While I was typing this, a thought flashed in my mind, i cant remember us ever discussing this, could William have hidden in the boot of a car? The fact the children were playing hide and seek has always stayed in my mind, leaving a slight possibility that he had hidden somewhere dangerous.

Now that’s an interesting thought, wonder if the cars supposedy seen outside that morning had a connection.

While I was typing this, a thought flashed in my mind, i cant remember us ever discussing this, could William have hidden in the boot of a car? The fact the children were playing hide and seek has always stayed in my mind, leaving a slight possibility that he had hidden somewhere dangerous.

Weren't the children playing chasey? I think that is a bit different from hide and seek, where a person counts to 10 while the other person hides.
Chasey is just chasing each other around until one person tags the other and says "you're it", I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288