Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
The daily beast article: Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Found Alive 3 Months After Parents Murdered

Interview with neighbor:
“Gordon is 600 people living in the most remote country in Wisconsin and this is a little suburb 10 miles outside of that, a 46-home community where everyone is good neighbors,” he said.

He said the family that lived in the home that the FBI had zeroed in on was known to have run-ins with police. “There's people in and out of that house,” he said.

He said he had never seen Jayme in the neighborhood and just hoped that police would find every person who might be involved in her apparent kidnapping and the murder of her parents.
Oh no. I don’t like the sound of that - people always in and out of the house :(

Danny Spewak on Twitter
We’ve just arrived in Douglas County, Wisc., outside the neighborhood where Jayme Closs was located today. Police and highway department crews have blocked off access to the public. @kare11

DwnBFhWWoAAXeUx.jpg

If LE believe there were others involved, I wonder if they left for some reason and were taken into custody for other reasons and that’s what caused the slip up that let her get out? Just a thought and my opinion.

Damn straight.

An older, stronger, armed monster had her in his grasp, and she was able to break free.

I just wish I could see his face when he realized she was gone.

That must have been a beautiful sight.

After the 3 months of waiting, their mugshots will be a beautiful site for everyone.

Inmate Roster - Douglas County Sheriff WI

It’s unknown where the perp will be booked, no one on WS has had the attitude to assume anything as fact to my knowledge—only sleuthing. I linked the Douglas county bookings link above that references ppl of interest or to be of interest in the future. again, that’s just for the county where he was found, he might not be booked there.

I am glad you posted the roster. I went through all of it in an attempt to see if I could determine who the perp could be but nothing really added up. However, I do think there was a bit more that sleuthing going on as I do believe there are/were a few posters that decided they determined the perps identity and that was confusing. Anyway, thanks for the link I enjoyed ( i guess, not sure if enjoyed is the right word) browsing the roster but there was nothing there that pointed to Jayme's abductor.

Jayme told the Kasinskases that she didn’t know where she was or anything about Gordon. From what she told them, they believe she was there for most of her disappearance.
Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs
"Traffickers use force, fraud, or coercion to lure their victims and force them into labor or commercial sexual exploitation. They look for people who are susceptible for a variety of reasons..."
What Is Human Trafficking?

RE: Profit - how do you know it wasn't for profit? It's super-duper common now-a-days is all I'm sayin'.... Quite a big risk to murder 2 parents for no profit. IMHO. MOO
Not in this way. Sex traffickers don’t blow away two parents in the middle of the night, in order to kidnap a 13-year-old girl.

There is absolutely no evidence that she was sold for sex. None.

She was likely held in the same location for the duration of her captivity.

Horrible things were done to her, possibly by more than one person.

But that does not meet the definition of “sex trafficking.”

She was the most visible missing person in America, and as such, she wouldn’t have been a commodity for people like that.

This was personal, and likely sexually motivated.

The break in the disturbing case came in the late afternoon as social worker J N was walking her dog near the cabin she owns with her husband Forrest, a retired police officer.

“The girl just came out of the woods,” Forrest told The Daily Beast.

“She [Jeanne] kept her composure and took the girl to a safe place and called the sheriff’s department,” he added. “She called and said they found Jayme and she was going to the hospital.”

He said his wife had worked in child protective services in the past and knew how to react in the moment. But still, he said, “it was really very stressful for her and she is not up to talking about it.”

The news that Jayme was alive after three months overjoyed her family.
Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Found Alive: ‘The Girl Just Came Out of the Woods’

You know, it’s great that local and secondary media are all over this, but the major networks are all ridiculous. I’m referring to the broadcasting. I’ve been flipping through the channels, and this hasn’t been mentioned once that I can see. This was an international story. Yet they all seem to be stuck on an endless loop of ridiculous nonsense that everyone is sick of. I guess good news human interest stories are a thing of the past. They should all be ashamed. /rant.

IMO injecting a minor's story (which involves the murder of her parents and her abduction) into the late-night news cycle, before facts are confirmed and permission from the family is granted, would be irresponsible. I have a huge axe to grind with contemporary journalism but none of it involves a concern that we aren't adequately broadcasting kids' photos and bringing in talking heads to speculate on their stories without consent.

The break in the disturbing case came in the late afternoon as social worker J N was walking her dog near the cabin she owns with her husband Forrest, a retired police officer.

“The girl just came out of the woods,” Forrest told The Daily Beast.

“She [Jeanne] kept her composure and took the girl to a safe place and called the sheriff’s department,” he added. “She called and said they found Jayme and she was going to the hospital.”

He said his wife had worked in child protective services in the past and knew how to react in the moment. But still, he said, “it was really very stressful for her and she is not up to talking about it.”

The news that Jayme was alive after three months overjoyed her family.
Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Found Alive: ‘The Girl Just Came Out of the Woods’

A social worker and a retired police officer, God had a plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Blume on Twitter
Just spoke to #JaymeCloss godmother. Her Aunt Jennifer. The girl will stay in hospital overnight. Family hoping to reconnect w/ her sometime Friday aftn. Family told Jayme is doing ok. Rotating between sleeping, debriefing with investigators & medical assistance. #FindJayme
Excellent news. She needs the medical care, physical and mental, to transition to her current reality and eventually back to her family. One journey has come to an end, but she's also just starting a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member