Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Blume on Twitter
Just spoke to #JaymeCloss godmother. Her Aunt Jennifer. The girl will stay in hospital overnight. Family hoping to reconnect w/ her sometime Friday aftn. Family told Jayme is doing ok. Rotating between sleeping, debriefing with investigators & medical assistance. #FindJayme

But a family member could still be there through this? If I were family, I’d want to be there for the debriefing. Is that (legally) allowed in the case of a minor?

Courtney Godfrey on Twitter
The 2 mile long road where #JaymeCloss was found is blocked off completely. No scene visible but some law enforcement vehicles in and out. Wisconsin State Patrol on scene says expect road to be closed for at least the next 24 hours.

Dwm6moWU0AA32R8.jpg

Not in this way. Sex traffickers don’t blow away two parents in the middle of the night, in order to kidnap a 13-year-old girl.

There is absolutely no evidence that she was sold for sex. None.

She was likely held in the same location for the duration of her captivity.

Horrible things were done to her, possibly by more than one person.

But that does not meet the definition of “sex trafficking.”

She was the most visible missing person in America, and as such, she wouldn’t have been a commodity for people like that.

This was personal, and likely sexually motivated.

And it could probably be a mentally ill fixation or something completely out of the blue but with her physical condition described, I'm going with mental for now. jmo

Those 'saviors' must have *all* been terrified until at least the one perp was in custody.. afterall, the perp(s) had already shot and killed the girl's parents. Must have been awfully scary for all of them. I would imagine even when police showed up, there was still a risk.. until the perp was in cuffs. Can't wait to hear more details. It's unthinkable to me that the family wasn't familiar with this person.

I was thinking that, those people were very brave. I wonder if they were scared? Of course, we would have been locked and loaded in a heartbeat here. And we have a lot more dogs than a new pup. All of our dogs are goofs, but they are big and look fierce...okay, as "fierce" as Golden Retrievers ever look.

And it could probably a mentally ill fixation or something completely out of the blue but with her physical condition described I'm going with mental for now. jmo
Obviously someone who does something like this isn’t right.

But the way in which this crime was carried out, took a bit of skill.

We’re probably talking about a sexual deviant, but someone who has his wits about him.

He’s not crazy, just evil.

We haven’t heard any details about him yet, but I don’t think we’re talking about a mental patient.

We’ll see.

I think if this had been me...and my parents were gone, no siblings...I would want to change my name, my appearance and move far away with whichever relatives she will live with until she is an adult. And testify by audio only, if possible.
It it beyond belief she is alive and can have a chance at full life but the burden of her name being known would be too much for me as a teen, anyway. I would not want to be known as the kidnapped girl whose parents were murdered. With the internet being what it is, her name is in so many places already and that will be times 100 now.

Anyway...just me brooding about it the past few hours. I doubt many agree.

Not in this way. Sex traffickers don’t blow away two parents in the middle of the night, in order to kidnap a 13-year-old girl.

There is absolutely no evidence that she was sold for sex. None.

She was likely held in the same location for the duration of her captivity.

Horrible things were done to her, possibly by more than one person.

But that does not meet the definition of “sex trafficking.”

She was the most visible missing person in America, and as such, she wouldn’t have been a commodity for people like that.

This was personal, and likely sexually motivated.
no one ever blamed them for being rational. these people are SICK and STUPID. trafficking is not solely about being sold for sex. The MOST common theme these days is trafficking, whichever way you choose to define it, not killing a family to gain a slave. Just my Occam's razor. MOO

The break in the disturbing case came in the late afternoon as social worker J N was walking her dog near the cabin she owns with her husband Forrest, a retired police officer.

“The girl just came out of the woods,” Forrest told The Daily Beast.

“She kept her composure and took the girl to a safe place and called the sheriff’s department,” he added. “She called and said they found Jayme and she was going to the hospital.”

He said his wife had worked in child protective services in the past and knew how to react in the moment. But still, he said, “it was really very stressful for her and she is not up to talking about it.”

The news that Jayme was alive after three months overjoyed her family.
Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Found Alive: ‘The Girl Just Came Out of the Woods’

So much for anonymity, which she had requested of another news agency.

But a family member could still be there through this? If I were family, I’d want to be there for the debriefing. Is that (legally) allowed in the case of a minor?
I'm quite certain a family member is with her. I think they probably mean she'll see the rest of the family after medical attention and debriefing.
MOO

I had an intruder and LE wanted to question the minors in my home and I insisted on being present -there was not a problem in my staying at all - I believe whoever She wants with her will be allowed- IMO

I really thought if she was found alive, she'd be with a male in his 40's - 50's. I am shocked that a 21-yo is the perp and I find it hard to fathom he pulled this off on his own. So...my gut feeling is there is collusion somewhere in this case. Poor Jayme.

I always thought a 20-something...I don’t know why. Mostly because men at that age are often very lacking in impulse control and the killings seemed so over the top.

IMO injecting a minor's story (which involves the murder of her parents and her abduction) into the late-night news cycle, before facts are confirmed and permission from the family is granted, would be irresponsible. I have a huge axe to grind with contemporary journalism but none of it involves a concern that we aren't adequately broadcasting kids' photos and bringing in talking heads to speculate on their stories without consent.
A fair point, but they DO have her name and pics plastered all over their websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member