Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have the name, they are just withholding it as they were asked. There are only a handful of houses there. With access to the property owners it would take 5 minutes to find the name.
Unfortunately, another website has given his name, his brother’s name and their mother’s name. And it has included a screen-shot of brother’s FB page & brother’s police report, which is a sexual assault to a minor, and it includes his address.

ETA: I didn’t check or look for the alleged perp’s FB page nor his mother’s, but it appears that brother’s FB page has been removed from FB.

Last edited:
Tomorrow will be a wonderful day for Jayme, family and Mollie.
Hope we receive loads of great pics.
We're all exhausted with this great news today, so after loads of sleep tonight, we should have
a day to celebrate with Jayme tomorrow.

Gosh I hope we get zero pictures of Jayme. She needs a lot of privacy, and to be allowed some dignity IMO!!!

Okay, don't believe me.

Here is what a Wisconsin Lawyer has to say ...
https://wilsonlawgroup.com/naming-guardian-minor-children/
It is not an absolute that if you name a guardian in your will that the person you specify will be the guardian.

But like I said, this is way off topic. Especially from where my post started. Which people completely misinterpret. So I will not engage this any more and everybody can think whatever they want.

Yes but nowhere does he remotely suggest the child will become a ward of the state, which is what you claimed in your post. Even if they didn't have wills, Jayme's aunt could ask to be named her guardian and may have already done so for all we know. All along the family has said they believed she was alive and the murders were three months ago. JMO

Since Jayme is an orphan by definition she is a ward of the state. There would likely be someone there to look after her interests but I don't believe it would be a family member. Law enforcement is going to want to get as much of the story they can get from her before she is around people who might know other information about the case or her access to any news of the case so that nothing she says is contaminated by outside knowledge.

Jethro4WS

I heard this in the radio tonight and cried. I believed with all my heart in the beginning that she would be found alive, but then doubts crept in and I began to lose hope. Well, lesson learned. NEVER give up hope.

RIP Denise and James. Your baby girl is home.

It's beautiful. So happy for her family. And for her!!!

Unfortunately, another website has given his name, his brother’s name and their mother’s name. And it has included a screen-shot of brother’s FB page & brother’s police report, which is a sexual assault to a minor, and it includes his address.

ETA: I didn’t check or look for the alleged perp’s FB page nor his mother’s, but it appears that brother’s FB page has been removed from FB.
Are you able to share/post this information? If not, why? I think we are all dying to know who the perp is. If I knew the info. I would provide it/post it. So, my question is, are we not allowed to announce that information on this site. I am just wondering. Do you have a link? Do we have to wait for "official confirmation". ???

Tomorrow will be a wonderful day for Jayme, family and Mollie.
Hope we receive loads of great pics.
We're all exhausted with this great news today, so after loads of sleep tonight, we should have
a day to celebrate with Jayme tomorrow.

And this is where I start getting cynical. I think the days that follow will be extremely difficult. Jayme may not have wonderful days for a while. She knows her parents were murdered, most likely saw their dead bodies, and has gone through who knows what level of Hades over the past 3 months. When she goes "home" she won't be returning to the way things were-it won't be her house or her parents. Jayme herself will no longer be the same Jayme she was. I've followed quite a few kidnapping cases in which the children have been returned and all (both parents and children) have talked about how difficult the transitioning is. It can almost be like a reverse culture shock.

I am sure that Jayme will feel grateful and relieved. There will be tons of other emotions going along with that, too. So often when abducted people go "home" they're hit with HUGE expectations by family, friends, well-wishers, and media. People want to see them smiling, laughing, looking like they're enjoying themselves, etc. But trauma is difficult to work through and she probably hasn't even started processing it yet.

IMO, the best thing would be for everyone to leave her alone. Counseling for her and her family and gentle, baby steps, into her "new normal." A victim's advocate appointed to work with the family. Let her grieve and heal without any pressures.

I am beyond ecstatic that she was found. This is pretty much the happiest of endings-only it's not really an ending, it's the beginning of something else. I hope she is gentle with herself and that those around her are gentle as well.

Are you able to share/post this information? If not, why? I think we are all dying to know who the perp is. If I knew the info. I would provide it/post it. So, my question is, are we not allowed to announce that information on this site. I am just wondering. Do you have a link? Do we have to wait for "official confirmation". ???

We can't post this info, or even talk about it, because it's not official. Until LE or MSM make an official statement, it is treated as gossip and/or hearsay.

Agreed. Would like link too.

Gosh I hope we get zero pictures of Jayme. She needs a lot of privacy, and to be allowed some dignity IMO!!!
I know, right?! As much as we all want to see photos of Jayme with her family, I think she should be the one to decide whether or not she wants her photo taken for the public to see. She needs to be in control of that IMO. Of course, the tabloids will no doubt be hounding her unfortunately.

And this is where I start getting cynical. I think the days that follow will be extremely difficult. Jayme may not have wonderful days for a while. She knows her parents were murdered, most likely saw their dead bodies, and has gone through who knows what level of Hades over the past 3 months. When she goes "home" she won't be returning to the way things were-it won't be her house or her parents. Jayme herself will no longer be the same Jayme she was. I've followed quite a few kidnapping cases in which the children have been returned and all (both parents and children) have talked about how difficult the transitioning is. It can almost be like a reverse culture shock.

I am sure that Jayme will feel grateful and relieved. There will be tons of other emotions going along with that, too. So often when abducted people go "home" they're hit with HUGE expectations by family, friends, well-wishers, and media. People want to see them smiling, laughing, looking like they're enjoying themselves, etc. But trauma is difficult to work through and she probably hasn't even started processing it yet.

IMO, the best thing would be for everyone to leave her alone. Counseling for her and her family and gentle, baby steps, into her "new normal." A victim's advocate appointed to work with the family. Let her grieve and heal without any pressures.

I am beyond ecstatic that she was found. This is pretty much the happiest of endings-only it's not really an ending, it's the beginning of something else. I hope she is gentle with herself and that those around her are gentle as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07