Recovered/Located KY - Mark Espinosa, 29, and money from Garda Armored Truck, Louisville, 6 Dec 2018 *ARREST*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Police are asking the public to be on the lookout for 29-year-old Mark Espinosa, described as a 5-foot-10-inch white male weighing 225 pounds. He was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt with a dark pair of blue pants.

Officers were called to the Jefferson Mall area just after 3 p.m. Wednesday after someone reported that Espinosa, the driver of an armored truck owned by Garda Armored Truck Services, had vanished.

The truck was found nearby, but police say an undetermined amount of cash was missing.
Espinosa, who was alone with the truck, has not been seen since.

Two Garda employees would normally be with the truck at all times. However, one of the employees had left the area of the truck to make a delivery, leaving Espinosa alone with the truck at the time of the disappearance.

Missing-Louisville-armored-truck-driver-286x360.jpg
Missing-Louisville-armored-truck-480x360.jpg

Police: Armored truck driver, cash missing in Kentucky

MISSING: LMPD says Louisville driver of armored truck has vanished

FBI Louisville on Twitter

If you have any information on yesterday's Garda armored car theft at Jefferson Mall and/or the current whereabouts of the armored car's driver, Mark Espinosa, please call our office at 502-263-6000 or LMPD at 502-574-LMPD.

DtwxEy8VAAA1Gl2.jpg

LMPD on Twitter

Police are investigating and considering the possibility that Espinosa took the cash himself or could be in danger. There was no surveillance video of the incident.

Police have searched a vehicle and Espinosa's Louisville residence.

Espinosa's employer had "good things to say about him" and Espinosa has "no real criminal history."

Armored-truck driver and cash go missing at Jefferson Mall, police say

Last edited:
He would be pretty stupid to take the money himself, but being stupid has never been a disqualifying reason :rolleyes:

Some interesting things being said on a local forum regarding this individual and the reports in the news.

You would have to take an awful lot of money to head out on foot and leave behind your home and possessions to start a new life (the first place police would check would be the home, and his vehicle would be at work). In my opinion I would NOT rule out foul play. Take the money and the witness to the crime? I do hope he is found safe, one way or the other.

You would have to take an awful lot of money to head out on foot and leave behind your home and possessions to start a new life (the first place police would check would be the home, and his vehicle would be at work). In my opinion I would NOT rule out foul play. Take the money and the witness to the crime? I do hope he is found safe, one way or the other.

Eh not really for someone desperate enough for the money. Even 5ok is enough for some folks I would guess

The article says they think the driver may have been involved with the theft.
Did he do it on his own or was someone else involved? How has he managed to remain undetected? And the money? Maybe he blew the States before anyone knew to check airports, or other transportation hubs? It will be interesting to hear the update.

Maybe its just movies and TV, but wouldnt one bag of money have a tracer inside? I feel like that is an inexpensive way to have security on the money by the company. If so it be possible the driver might have had knowledge of that.

It is unusual but not unheard of, FBI most wanted Jason Brown robbed an armed truck in daylight and has yet to be caught.

Maybe its just movies and TV, but wouldnt one bag of money have a tracer inside? I feel like that is an inexpensive way to have security on the money by the company. If so it be possible the driver might have had knowledge of that.

It is unusual but not unheard of, FBI most wanted Jason Brown robbed an armed truck in daylight and has yet to be caught.
Jason Brown also murdered the armored car employee, I believe.

Father of missing armored truck driver: ‘I thought I knew my son’

Espinosa’s father did not want to speak on-camera, but did answer exclusively several questions from WAVE 3 News but. He said he hasn’t heard from his son. No phone call, text, or email.

“When he disappeared, I thought he was kidnapped and someone had killed him or something,” Espinosa’s father said.

[...]

Espinosa’s father said his son never communicated any issues or thoughts about allegedly taking the money.

“I thought I knew my son but, this is a complete surprise to me,” Espinosa’s father said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back