Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as wanting to know the whys/wheres/hows of the story goes, I think it's natural to have curiosity about such things, especially on a crime sleuthing forum. Most of us are here because we're interested in true crime or in mysteries. After following a case for a while, you have time and interest invested in it. Although the people involved do not owe us anything, and we are not entitled to information, it's natural to seek answers as well as to know whether your speculations and theories were even close. The victims are all real people of course, but so are we posters. I've seen nothing on WS over the past 6 years to make me think that members would be anything but respectful to victims.

I don't think anyone on here is going to write to Jayme and demand to know all the nitty gritty details or will cyberstalk her family for information. Many of us are drawn to WS because of the adherence to MSM facts; therefore, we stick to the words that come straight from LE or a respected media source. If they don't share it, then we won't talk about it.

Personally, I like knowing stuff. It helps me put the frame of the crime in context, as well as assisting in helping me understand future crimes of a similar nature. It is perfectly reasonable to maintain both sympathy and respect for the victims while simultaneously feeling curious and wanting to understand as much as possible.

What I hope for Jayme Closs now and in the future, from my experience as a survivor held against my will for only 48 hours of abduction, torture and fear:

I can't sleep until I put a few imperfect thoughts down for maybe others to think about...
I believe Jayme will deal with part of this very well right now with the love and support of her family, friends, health care professionals, experts in law enforcement trained to question children/ teens, all of her support system in school. She will do this despite the way the media intrudes and the general public says whatever they find out about a survivor of a very personal crime.

When I was abducted and held captive with loaded weapons and all that a State Policeman has at his disposal as far as restraints and control measures, initially, of course there was so much relief in being found in time, and of having immense pain- unbearable physical and emotional pain relieved.

What I would wish for Jayme in the way of healing and security needs after her parents' brutal murders would be a personal protection officer, like a young strong lady who has additional training in post- hostage recovery and re-integration into a safe life to accompany her for a period of months, maybe longer. Not to isolate her, but to be an added support and encouragement person, and also to make Jayme feel safe in the world again.
N0t because Jamye is at greater risk for any additional harm ( we have no way to know, to be honest, because of the sickos who come to the forefront after a sensationalized crime of this nature but never hurt a survivor ) but because of the fact that she WILL need to go back to school, to church, to dance, to all the things she can that helped her be herself before this. If she isolates herself, being an only child it's easy to do, I know, her emotional growth and recovery might not get the rays of sunshine needed.

Since our young adult to adult goals are to get a great education, go to college and pursue our dreams in the professional career of our choice, live in the city and state of our choosing which may be thousands of miles from a small hometown, moving forward and maybe moving away could be a positive thing for Jayme developmentally. Traditional adult goals are to form a lasting bond as an adult with a partner and establish a safe and happy home with children.
The " public", that's us, should never impede her progress by violating her privacy in any way.

Elizabeth Smart is extraordinary for her ability to have what appears to be a very happy marriage and all her beautiful children, the youngest one a tiny baby. This may keep her from doing some things she might otherwise be able to do for or with Jayme for a while. But, at some point, she may can help Jayme see what JOY there is in loving and marrying.

Of course, counseling, perhaps several times a week and extra when needed will come into play for a time. Again, Jayme likely will respond better to a female counselor with experience in post- hostage and torture survivors, which is not exactly an easy person to find in that tiny place she's from, I suppose..There may be some retired military former trauma counselors who could be greatly beneficial, and might volunteer some of their time, IDK.

Regarding a phenomenon I don't think I've ever encountered until reading this thread tonight, I want to respectfully give my opinion as a behavioral psych. graduate, as a nurse for most of my life, and as a person who stands strong against re-victimization-
When the public objectifies a survivor of a recent heinous crime to the point that they want to see where the survivor was held exactly, to see the " conditions", to hear the details of the parents' deaths, to find out how many perps. were involved,this is not helpful or respectful to the survivor.

The amount of personal info such as this should come from the survivor alone when they are able to share if they want to share. Again, I believe we got most of our info about Elizabeth Smart in adult terms from her when she became an adult and wrote her book. That was her choice and a strong choice.

Please, impersonal digital world that we live in and share with Jayme, be gentle with this child and collectively remember that photos can't be unseen by anyone, least of all the person who lived through it, and because it is using HER pain and suffering for titillation and profit.

There is absolutely no reason to need to know what happened to her beyond what the Sheriff or FBI choose to release before it comes out in a trial ( and unless the courtroom is cleared for the sake of the minor child victim.)

WS is full of fine, kind hearted smart people. If this girl were your 13 year old sister, daughter, cousin or best friend, would you ask her for the deepest darkest details and descriptions of her oreal or would you love her and support her recovery ( a long process with many many stages)?
I always expect the best out of each of us, so I expect if you were talking to her face to face as a friend or family member, you would be loving and supportive and looking towards her future, not back to a 3 month period of hell on earth which STARTED when her parents were murdered.

We strangers should do no less than what her mother, aunt, or grandfather would do, love and support, not dig for details which aren't in the mainstream public domain. I am speaking from experience here.

I hope with all my heart, and my professional mindset as well, that every good, kind and loving person in this country will respect Jayme enough to support her and her family in any way possible from this day forward, never ever wanting to take her back emotionally to the place she was held captive.

Lastly, we each have to separate the surviving victim from the perp. Every time the perp. or perps. are mentioned, I hope Jayme's strength of will, mind and body are remembered and respected.
It is such a joy to celebrate her being alive with each of you!!
I felt like part of something so big and wondrous and still do.
WSers are the BEST! We love Jayme and we can show the people " out there" who might not have worried about her for hours per day for months that all the info which will be coming in is about a real girl, a sweet beautiful growing girl with thick wavy strawberry blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes, and a little dog named Molly she loves very much.
A girl who will regain her strength and run like the wind again and who will dance straight and tall, full of inner beauty and grace.

I agree with you one hundred percent! I have expressed a few similar thoughts earlier regarding the 'need to know.' I think it should be up to Jayme as to what details to reveal or not about her horrific ordeal. She needs to be in control as much as possible about her life from hereon in. As Trish the owner of WS has said about the purpose of this site, it is when all is said and done, a place to support the victims of crime, and we as amateur sleuthers, do not need to know all the details of what Jayme went through. It will be hard enough for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS is AMAZING NEWS!!!! So HAPPY to hear that Jayme is ALIVE!!! May Justice be SWIFT & HEALING for Jayme begin!!! My thoughts are with her & her loved ones as they are reunited in what is nothing short of a MIRACLE! <3 MOO

That one says it's "Off Market" -- meaning it's not for sale. There is another one for sale nearby though that has been on the market for 252 days.

I wonder if they kept her in a vacant outbuilding of property that is for sale?

But under the history, it appears the cabin was listed in September 2018 and the listing removed just yesterday (seems like too much of a coincidence to be unrelated). Maybe it was vacant while listed and someone was keeping her there, but how to avoid pop ins by potential buyers?

Last edited by a moderator:
My interest in the case is more about motive, and what caused such a horrible tragedy for Jayme and her family? I can live without all the awful details of what Jayme endured.
Did she have her beloved dog with her i wonder? I read about her pet dog upthread somewhere? Did they kidnap him too? What a horrible ordeal.

But under the history, it appears the cabin was listed in September 2018 and the listing removed just yesterday (seems like too much of a coincidence to be unrelated). Maybe it was vacant while listed and someone was keeping her there, but how to avoid pop ins by potential buyers?
This is from the same article i just posted up
(quote)
Residents of an area of woods and cabins about 9 miles east of Gordon, which has few year-round residents,
described the dramatic moment when Jayme was found. Kristin Kasinskas, a teacher at the nearby Northwood School who lives on S. Eau Claire Acres Circle with her husband, Peter, and children, said that around 4 p.m., a neighbor walking a dog frantically knocked on their door.

Never said she wasn't. What I am saying is that Jayme is an orphan and does not have a legally appointed guardian. There will be some action taken by the child services agency to facilitate a temporary custody order, very likely to a specific sister of Denise and that will happen sooner rather than later. But there will have to be some permanent order made according to Wisconsin statutes.
I think you're getting into the minutiae here that isn't necessary, which is causing confusion to some readers. Jayme's family will, in the end, be granted custody if she hasn't already.

Can someone link me the suspects name + photo

FWIW, a "suspect"hasn't been named yet. The only thing that's out there in Internetland is speculation at this point-speculation that may or may not be true.It's easy enough to find if go a'huntin', but there's no way of knowing right now if it's correct. Hopefully they'll say something solid at the presser.

So how does a 20 year old from Duluth end up at the Closs home in the middle of the night, knowing the 13 year old girl is inside?

There is more to this story. This person went to that house with one intent, to take Jayme. As LE has obviously had Jayme's phone and access to her social media accounts, we can pretty much rule that out as a link. So how did this person know Jayme? Did she know him?

YES YES YES a thousand times YES! I can't believe I missed this news yesterday.

Now the healing needs to begin. This poor child. I cannot imagine what she has endured but it sounds like many of us were dead on in thinking she was alive and being held somewhere.

Everyone needs to remember that she is going home but not going home. Her parents aren't waiting for her. There is an awful lot Jayme is going to have to process and deal with, not only in the coming days and months, but probably for the rest of her life.

I'm so thrilled Jayme has been found.

However coincidentally, that property was taken off-market yesterday.

(Click on “Price/Tax History.”)
One can go on Douglas County's property assessment site and search for the owner via the property address.

I must be getting a bit rusty with my sleuthing. I fell down that property assessment site last night and woke up thinking about it and still can't figure out anything. haha. I did see one house that looked semi-vacant but im assuming that THAT wasn't the house in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member