MI - John Erskin, 67, found beaten to death at home, Riverdale, 7 Oct 2016 *reward*

HaleyErskin

Reaction score
My uncle, John Erskin, was murdered two years ago in his own home. He was an elderly man. He was beaten to death, robbed and sexually assulted. He had cameras places in and around his home. Witnesses and confession statements have been made and turned over to the police and not a single arrest has been made. I have information i can release and send over to anyone that may be of help to my family. We need answers, we need a voice, we need justice. Please email me at Haleybullard94@yahoo.com for any further questions or assistance. You can google John Erskin of riverdale for further information as well. Justice For John is a facebook page encouraged for information, tips and any help in the case.

Is this your grandfather in this news story? He looks like he was a great man. So sorry to hear of his terrible death and that the crime is still unsolved.

Erskin murder case still open two years later

Police seek information in Gratiot County homicide

Man with legal marihuana grow operation found beaten to death in Gratiot County

Sixty-seven-year-old John Erskin had a medical marihuana card and was allowed to grow his own pot plants. Police believe someone wanted those pot plants bad enough to kill him.

“It certainly looked like a suspicious death,” said Gratiot County Sheriff Doug Wright.

That's what investigators thought Friday morning when they went into Erskin’s home. His nephew came to the house after not hearing from his uncle for several days.

An autopsy shows he was badly beaten with some type of weapon.

“It appears that he was actually murdered for the marihuana,” Wright said.

Erskin had a legal marihuana grow operation in a fenced-in area near his home. It was locked, but Wright says the pot plants were taken and little evidence was left behind.

“He had surveillance cameras and alarms on that area, the surveillance cameras were all destroyed, the video equipment was all taken, the alarms were destroyed,” Wright said.

Wright believes more than one person was involved in the crimes.

Someone has confessed? Do police not believe the confession?

Last edited:
I’m so very sorry about your grandfather. Unfortunately, even legal grows can attract dangerous people. Depending on how a confession is obtained, it may not be possible for police to act on it.* Have you tried meeting with police (perhaps with an attorney present) to find out what the problem is with the case? That could help you see what’s needed in order to proceed. All the best to you.

*The Netflix series “Murder Mountain” illustrates this point.

Welcome to Ws HaleyErskin!
Someone must have known exactly where the cameras were and also known that they would be recognized if spotted on the cctv.
Very strange that there was also a sexual assault as stated by posted by Haley Erskin. imo, speculation.
Man with legal marihuana grow operation found beaten to death in Gratiot County
“He had surveillance cameras and alarms on that area, the surveillance cameras were all destroyed, the video equipment was all taken, the alarms were destroyed,” Wright said.

Wright believes more than one person was involved in the crimes."
gratiotcomurder1.JPG

Welcome to Ws
Very strange that there was also a sexual assault as stated by posted by Haley Erskin. imo, speculation.

I agree that this is very strange. Is this where they got the perp's DNA? Do you know if it is only one person's DNA?

Where is a sexual assault mentioned?
First post top of this page as stated apparently by a family member, will see if i can find another reference to it, but suspect i will not, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back