Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of side-eyeing the self-praise LE is giving itself in this presser. They di not find or rescue her. She rescued herself.

Fairness to law enforcement they did work case tirelessly.... and had zilch to go on..
For all we know ... perp coulda been sleepless and burnt out from fitz/FBI

All credit to jayme... but hard to fault LE

I think jayme has her mom and dad kickback ... neither of them look like they’d tolerate much.

That I think goes way too far. It's not like they failed to do their jobs. If there's not evidence, there's not evidence. LE aren't magicians.

My only issue is the back patting now.

That's true but this could at least be used to build the framework so that future cases can get solved without having to play a waiting game. Were there any red flags missed after the abduction, how did he fall under the radar and were there any signs of him planning the abduction. I understand the lack of evidence being the problem but we need to take this chance to learn why there was no evidence- there is no such thing as a perfect crime.

JP has no criminal record. If this is his first crime, imagine what his future would have been. Jayme Closs is a hero. Her escape will ultimately prevent him from hurting countless other people.
Too bad juvenile histories are confidential, sealed, expunged or all of the above. My gut tells me he's likely known to juvenile authorities and local mental health providers. JMO.

No previous contact. Wow. That is terrifying. The family didn’t know this guy. He must have seen her, developed a fixation, followed her home, and planned this out. Holy ****. This stuff just doesn’t happen! This is horror movie thriller novel stuff, not real life. It’s so chilling and horrific. Her poor parents, they must have been so scared and confused when he broke in. And poor Jayme. I really cannot wrap my mind around this.

Fairness to law enforcement they did work case tirelessly.... and had zilch to go on..
For all we know ... perp coulda been sleepless and burnt out from fitz/FBI

All credit to jayme... but hard to fault LE

I think jayme has her mom and dad kickback ... neither of them look like they’d tolerate much.

I'm not faulting them one bit. They worked harder than one can imagine. There just seemed to be a lot of self-congratulation for what the actual victim accomplished rather than them.

But @zea mays made a good point. They're likely just so stunned and elated that it's coming out a bit inarticulate.

They don't get outcomes like this very often.

This guy honestly could have done so much more damage had he not been caught. The insane thing is there were NO leads on him. I am so happy she ran because I don't know if she would've been found any time soon.

I'm interested in seeing the steps he took because there was not a trace of him!

I want to know what was proactive.
My guess is since it appears he planned this - he bought food for himself, maybe lots of gas in advance so he could still drive and stay off the radar for buying stuff? How else do you conceal illegal activity? He was not employed apparently so he had no job to go to- just spent all day every day with her? oh dear god.

Surprised at all the negativity about LE. This is a fluke crime without much of any evidence, YES, Jayme is the one who escaped and saved herself. LE was so emotionally attached this case, I give them all the credit in the world for never giving up. They are overwhelmed with joy I do not see it as them patting themselves on the back. Please remember that most of us thought she was probably deceased and this is an amazingly positive experience. just saying I am going to focus on the positive IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni