Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like the earlier gossip was correct. Jake Patterson. From what I have gathered his parents are divorced. And if him and his brother were living in the house after parents moved out ... I believe his brother moved away. Brother has a record for sexual assault (from a few years ago). From what I can gather if Jake had a FB page it has already been removed.

Really? How did he come up on anyone's radar?
There was a livestream on YT like 12 hours ago with a well-known crime sleuth guy. One of the live commenters was adamant that Jake Patterson AND ANOTHER PERSON, also named, were the perps. If you weren't there at the time, you would have missed it. I was there. I have not mentioned or hinted the name to anyone though. The commenter seemed to be a middle-aged male but I did not screen shot or have any record and have no idea who he is from Adam. That's why Ive been sitting on the name Jake Patterson (and another name) all day. I hope this is helpful and allowed information Gitana.

I was touched when I heard the applause at the end of the press conference.

Everyone was applauding not only for Jayme's courage and spirit to run to safety but to all of the assistance provided from all of the agencies at the press conference, as well as to the community.

That's true but this could at least be used to build the framework so that future cases can get solved without having to play a waiting game. Were there any red flags missed after the abduction, how did he fall under the radar and were there any signs of him planning the abduction. I understand the lack of evidence being the problem but we need to take this chance to learn why there was no evidence- there is no such thing as a perfect crime.

I have no doubt they will do that. She's not even been back for 24 hours. There's a tremendous amount of work to be done, still. They actually had far more information than I expected at this point. I expect that the 4pm presser will be much more orderly and organized. This was the "shouting it from the rooftops" presser.

I think that these LE officers are just inexperienced with press conferences and are honestly letting their own emotions come through. They're so very happy that this was resolved peacefully and with Jayme alive. It must be so hard when the trail seems so cold. I do think they're trying to express that Jayme saved herself - just not very articulate. I'll give them a bit of grace for that emotion right now.

I agree. Why all the venom aimed at LE for this press conference? No they didn't solve this case, but neither did the websleuths community or anyone else for that matter! Don't they have the right to be elated just like the rest of us? They've been working round the clock for months, and have a lot more work to successfully bring this case to prosecution. Patterson has zero criminal record, and has been concealing his identity. Many crimes take a lucky break to be solved, as they mentioned. LE did apprehend the suspect in his car after Jayme escaped without incident, well done LE!

Let's just be happy this has a positive outcome!

I have a theory but it is just that, a theory. And bare with me because I may seem like I am saying jayme had a part in it but 100% am NOT saying that.
My theory is that is was somewhat like the dede Blanchard case - expect jayme wasn't being tortured but just complained about normal teenage/ parent struggles. Perhaps she met this man online and vented to him about not having the freedom she wanted to or something, so he decided to take it into his own hands and "free" her from her parents.
Again, I do not think she actually wanted her parents dead and I am NOT saying he thought he was saving her, I think he was obsessed with her and sick.
I am so happy Jayme is safe but my heart breaks for her and the pain she has been going through and will continue to go through. Prayers that she is able to heal.

Really? How did he come up on anyone's radar?

I figured out the house right before the presser. I saw a comment that there were always people in and out of the house and that there was criminal activity related to the house. I knew it was the 14100 block, and couldn’t be the lady who found her or the house they ran to. Then I just looked up each homeowner to see who had relatives in their 20s, and then I saw that this one house had multiple names associated with it. Like an oddly high amount of people to one address. At that point, given the age and associations (many who had criminal history) I was pretty sure I knew

Well looks like the earlier gossip was correct. Jake Patterson. From what I have gathered his parents are divorced. And if him and his brother were living in the house after parents moved out ... I believe his brother moved away. Brother has a record for sexual assault (from a few years ago). From what I can gather if Jake had a FB page it has already been removed.

Sexual assault? Oh boy...

Live updates: Missing teen Jayme Closs found alive - CNN
Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald confirmed that Jayme Closs was the suspect's target, and authorities are now trying to figure out why.

They do not believe the suspect, who has no criminal history, had contact with Closs and her family. However, they believe he had planned his actions.

"Jayme was taken against her will and escaped from the residence at which she was being held in. We also don’t believe at this time the suspect had any contact with the family. We do believe that Jayme was the only target," Fitzgerald said.

"I can tell you that the subject planned his actions and took many proactive steps to hide his identity from law enforcement and the general public," he added.

The sheriff also said it is still unclear who made the 911 call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44