Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG staaaaahp. She was absolutely elated and full of happy tears and excitement. She couldn’t contain her happiness. I’m sure the school will have counselors, school psychologists were mentioned once or twice. This woman obviously cares, A LOT.
Give these people a break! They have been through a trauma too and their adrenaline is soaring.
Seriously you guys, lay off LE and the superintendent!

You're absolutely right and how you interpreted what I wrote!

I am so sorry.

I just always look for when people talk about schools, that they talk about the children and the plans for what they're going to do with children and I was surprised that that was not stated.

Especially for such a traumatic event for all the other children.

My apologies!

Many of us here have trigger points and things we want done, so I apologize for being out of turn and pointing that out that that was not done.

Just MOO/speculation, but from what I have found, it looks like the brother has not been living in the home for a few years. So, if it were just this guy (in a home his parents already paid for - and who knows - maybe also paid for electric/gas/food for him?) it wouldn't be terribly hard to conceal her (and himself) in an area like that.

My sentiments exactly. As I waited for the press conference to begin, I imagined the kinds of things that I would say if I was the sheriff. It went something like, “I would like to say to Jayme, young lady, we tried very hard to find you and we never gave up. In the end, you had to free yourself and do the finding on your own. I am so sorry that you had to do that but I thank God for your courage to do so. I just wish that it had been us finding you, and that it would have been a lot sooner than 3 months.”

So I was shocked when he said that for 88 days they worked tirelessly and finally, yesterday “we brought her home.” You gave her a ride. And you did catch the suspect quickly, so good on you for that. I know you put a lot of effort into the investigation and I don’t discount that. But patting yourselves on the back right from the jump is a little tone-deaf considering the circumstances.

I agree. There was way too much congratulating of various Law Enforcement people who did NOT find Jayme. Jayme saved herself. Thank god!

He could have randomly spotted her and became fixated on her for whatever reason.

Maybe she was getting off the bus, at the store with a parent, etc.

I’m floored by his age and his ability to leave a somewhat spotless crime scene, evidence wise.

Surprised at all the negativity about LE. This is a fluke crime without much of any evidence, YES, Jayme is the one who escaped and saved herself. LE was so emotionally attached this case, I give them all the credit in the world for never giving up. They are overwhelmed with joy I do not see it as them patting themselves on the back. Please remember that most of us thought she was probably deceased and this is an amazingly positive experience. just saying I am going to focus on the positive IMO

thank you!! some people are never satisfied no matter what happens although i'm unpleasantly surprised how many of them there are hear today. A lot of these people are administrators and they are in part using the conference to thank the people under them that have been working tirelessly on the case.

Can't people just be happy she is found alive and not and moan about the scripting an verbiage of the press conference. Ya'll got me phaklempt over here ffs ...

He was arrested in his car just down the street. I wonder, was he just returning to the house? Or was he out looking for her? If he had pulled up just as she was running up to the woman with the dog.......

They were asked if he appeared to be looking for her. I think it was the Douglas County Sheriff who said it did NOT appear so.

thank you!! some people are never satisfied no matter what happens although i'm unpleasantly surprised how many of them there are hear today. A lot of these people are administrators and they are in part using the conference to thank the people under them that have been working tirelessly on the case.

Can't people just be happy she is found alive and not ***** and moan about the scripting an verbiage of the press conference. Ya'll got me phaklempt over here ffs ...
Can't both happen at the same time?

Made an account as I've been a very long time lurker but this case really is something special.
I watched the presser, you can just feel the emotion from everyone involved. I expect the next one to be a bit more professional with more credit given to Jayme. Awesome news!

Really? Why was his name or initials previously mentioned and by whom? In what context ?

I thought the initials of a potential suspect were given way back in the case. Not so. The initials were posted AFTER Jayme was safe. So not a groundbreaking discovery as I initially thought (oh pun). (If Jayme weren't safe, I wouldn't be joking around.)

I'm glad we can rejoice for Jayme and her family. Great news!

Suspect arrested in Jayme Closs case identified as Jake Patterson was hiding in the home he grew up in

Weird. It seems that JTP and his brother grew up in the house, the parents moved when the brothers were "older", and just left the house for the brothers to live in. Though, a neighbor says she didn't know JTP was living there. Confusion. Where was the brother all this time? Maybe he didn't live there any more?

"Neighbor Daphne Ronning said Patterson's parents moved to the home about 15 years ago and that Jake and his brother were raised there and attended Minong High School. The parents moved to another home once the boys became older, but Patterson and his brother continued to use the town of Gordon home,

"We had some problems with them when they were teenagers - we caught them siphoning gas," Ronning said. "My husband talked with them and there was never anything else."

Ronning said she wasn't aware that Patterson was living in the house and had not seen Closs around."

I only see one Patterson in Eau Claire Acres.

Perhaps his parents moved to Barron and that is the connection he has that LE vaguely mentioned.

That I think goes way too far. It's not like they failed to do their jobs. If there's not evidence, there's not evidence. LE aren't magicians.

My only issue is the back patting now.
Agree- can’t find a connection when its not there.

I heard no back patting though- except to acknowledge Jayme for providing her own case-blowing tip. It’s important to acknowledge the contribution of many agencies & community entities. All have been & continue to be subject to unwarranted criticism. I’m glad Fitz took the few minutes he did to say some thank yous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998