TX TX - Amber Hagerman, 9, Arlington, 17 Jan 1996

Body of Kidnapped Texas Girl Is Found

Do we know the exact location where Ambers body was found? This article suggests that she was found near an apt complex 4 miles away from the parking lot. Wondering if these maintenance workers were ever looked at.

On January 13, 1996 Amber Hagerman was abducted from the 1700 blk of Abram Street while riding her bike. On January 17, 1996 the body of Hagerman was discovered in a creek bed at 2908 Forest Hollow (Forest Ridge Apartments).

1990's Cold Cases - Police Department - Cash For Crooks

Hello Arlington People! Thanks for helping keep Amber's case alive. I also grew up in the area and had friends who lived in the homes near the Forest Ridge Apartments and did lots of babysitting in that neighborhood. It was a nice area and hard to imagine anyone dumping a body there.

IIRC, her autopsy revealed that she was kept alive for two days after being taken, before she was murdered. Initially, they suspected that the creek bed she was found in was not where she was left...they said that the thunderstorms that had been in the area had likely moved her (and unfortunately, also eliminated DNA evidence, though they have since been tight-lipped on whether any DNA evidence was salvageable.)

As an aside...I grew up in Arlington (moved there in early 1990, when I was 5, and moved away in 2012), had my school physical done down the road at Berry Elementary, where she went to school (I went to a different school, since I was in a different attendance zone.) My best friend was in her Girl Scout Troop. I know her grandmother's neighborhood, I know that Winn-Dixie, I know that creek bed. When I was in high school and struggling, I used to go sit in Our Garden of Angels by her cross, reminding myself to be thankful of the life I got to live, that she didn't. Though I didn't know her personally, her case was just so close...too close. It rocked my world as a child, and still does as an adult. I follow this thread and every time I see someone post, even if it's just a bump, it gets me a little bit emotional, and just makes me so thankful for all of those who haven't forgotten about Amber. So thank you, to all of y'all.

Thank you, you answered my next question about any DNA left behind. With the evolution of testing since 96, it would be amazing if they had recovered some. Two days alive, means someone had to have witnessed this child kicking and screaming while being taken to this perp's destination. OR of course she could have been subdued in the truck. So hard to believe no-one saw anything after he drove off in this black truck. Someone knows something and possibly don't realize what it is that they witnessed.
No child should ever endure what this little girl went through, I pray for someone to come forward and help find this .
As you may have read in my previous post, I lived for several years in Arlington as well but wasn't there until around 1999. I knew the area well, can remember the abandoned supermarket there that was once Winn Dixie. I sleuth a few different cases on WS but this one has my heart. It makes it personal, I think, when it's so close to home. Bless you and your kind heart. We will keep sleuthing until she has peace.

On January 13, 1996 Amber Hagerman was abducted from the 1700 blk of Abram Street while riding her bike. On January 17, 1996 the body of Hagerman was discovered in a creek bed at 2908 Forest Hollow (Forest Ridge Apartments).

Hello Arlington People! Thanks for helping keep Amber's case alive. I also grew up in the area and had friends who lived in the homes near the Forest Ridge Apartments and did lots of babysitting in that neighborhood. It was a nice area and hard to imagine anyone dumping a body there.
Thank you for clarifying the apartments name and location. Hello! Thanks back to you as well.

Thank you, you answered my next question about any DNA left behind. With the evolution of testing since 96, it would be amazing if they had recovered some. Two days alive, means someone had to have witnessed this child kicking and screaming while being taken to this perp's destination. OR of course she could have been subdued in the truck. So hard to believe no-one saw anything after he drove off in this black truck. Someone knows something and possibly don't realize what it is that they witnessed.
No child should ever endure what this little girl went through, I pray for someone to come forward and help find this .
As you may have read in my previous post, I lived for several years in Arlington as well but wasn't there until around 1999. I knew the area well, can remember the abandoned supermarket there that was once Winn Dixie. I sleuth a few different cases on WS but this one has my heart. It makes it personal, I think, when it's so close to home. Bless you and your kind heart. We will keep sleuthing until she has peace.

I totally agree. It literally hits too close to home. As a child, my life went from running barefoot through our neighborhood, burning the bottoms of my feet to get to a friends' house to play out front in the sprinklers to being too scared to go anywhere alone.

I do think more people had to have seen the abduction. I don't know why they didn't talk. Maybe they had their own legal/criminal issues and were too scared to come forward, or thought it was nothing...maybe just a girl wanting to stay out biking too long and her dad picking her up and carting her home. I don't know. And I don't know how they went unseen for the speculated 2 days. I wish we knew where she was actually left. I'm sure you know how crazy storms can get down here! If it's pouring, the creeks are going to be rising and flowing like crazy. She had one sock still on, but I remember at the time, they said there wasn't really a chance of DNA evidence, because of the length of time she'd been in the water, and how it'd been rushing around her. I hope that has changed.

Every time I hear of a cold case being solved due to new technologies, it gives me a little bit of hope. My heart is just broken that her grandma didn't get a chance to see justice for Amber. She loved her so, so much.

I totally agree. It literally hits too close to home. As a child, my life went from running barefoot through our neighborhood, burning the bottoms of my feet to get to a friends' house to play out front in the sprinklers to being too scared to go anywhere alone.

I do think more people had to have seen the abduction. I don't know why they didn't talk. Maybe they had their own legal/criminal issues and were too scared to come forward, or thought it was nothing...maybe just a girl wanting to stay out biking too long and her dad picking her up and carting her home. I don't know. And I don't know how they went unseen for the speculated 2 days. I wish we knew where she was actually left. I'm sure you know how crazy storms can get down here! If it's pouring, the creeks are going to be rising and flowing like crazy. She had one sock still on, but I remember at the time, they said there wasn't really a chance of DNA evidence, because of the length of time she'd been in the water, and how it'd been rushing around her. I hope that has changed.

Every time I hear of a cold case being solved due to new technologies, it gives me a little bit of hope. My heart is just broken that her grandma didn't get a chance to see justice for Amber. She loved her so, so much.

Gives me hope too. At that time it would be very understandable for LE to think they didn't have anything useful, but I am very curious as to what they could get now. Do we know if she was clothed other than the sock? One sock could be due to the storm causing her other one to come off and float away never to be identified, or could have been a souvenir for this monster, which makes me believe as I have said before, big chance he had done this before and since.
Yes, very sad for her grandmother. And if you believe like I do, to know that she is reunited with Amber, gives me peace of mind. Now, those left behind need that justice. And I do remember the Texas storms!! Ahhhh!

Gives me hope too. At that time it would be very understandable for LE to think they didn't have anything useful, but I am very curious as to what they could get now. Do we know if she was clothed other than the sock? One sock could be due to the storm causing her other one to come off and float away never to be identified, or could have been a souvenir for this monster, which makes me believe as I have said before, big chance he had done this before and since.
Yes, very sad for her grandmother. And if you believe like I do, to know that she is reunited with Amber, gives me peace of mind. Now, those left behind need that justice. And I do remember the Texas storms!! Ahhhh!

I don't believe there was any other clothing on her or found on the scene. From what I can recall, it was just the one sock.
Last night, after seeing Jayme Closs was found, I had a real nice sob of relief & joy, and then for sadness over those like Amber. But, like you said, her gramma is with her now, at least. Those of us left down here just gotta keep up the prodding for an answer!

I don't believe there was any other clothing on her or found on the scene. From what I can recall, it was just the one sock.
Last night, after seeing Jayme Closs was found, I had a real nice sob of relief & joy, and then for sadness over those like Amber. But, like you said, her gramma is with her now, at least. Those of us left down here just gotta keep up the prodding for an answer!
Yes. And I too thought of Amber and those that won't ever go "home", last night. Such a blessing for her family!

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7889608,-97.066056,528m/data=!3m1!

This is a map of the Forest Ridge Apts. (Not sure if it has the same name now). If you put the address in the map browser...2908 Forest Hollow, Arlington, Tx., you can see the creek behind the apts, located in the middle of the screen. This creek looks to only run so long. If her body washed up or down stream with the storm, how does one get to this creek with a body without being seen, even at night its so close to so many apts/homes. There is a road at the northern edge of the creek that looks like it could be a spot to drive into perhaps unseen. The apts and neighboring occupants close to this creek were hopefully looked into. Even today, it wouldn't hurt if LE went back through a list of all occupants and checked for any criminal activity, particularly concerning children since and right before 1996. Im going to check the creek on google earth as well.

Okay, so after checking out the creek on google earth, this creek runs lonnnngg. Changes everything. There is actually a road that travels right along the water, giving the perp so much opportunity to dump her body. It's a vast open field of opportunity back there. What bothers me is the location. After seeing the creek on GE, HWY 360 is soo close. Too close. Very convenient for this monster.

After doing some research, I am shocked to find the following cases in TX., around the time of Amber's abduction/murder.

Tasha Wright-Missing since '89-Dallas, Tx. -10 yrs.old.....Last seen walking to a friends house.

Jenna Robbins-Missing since '89-Killeen, Tx.-9 yrs. old...Last seen walking with a friend-offered ride from white male, 20's...she accepted, friend refused.

Kimberly Norwood-Missing since '89-Hallsville, Tx.-12 yrs. old...Last seen walking home.

Angelica Gandara-Missing since '89-Temple, Tx.-12 yrs. old...Last seen in a white pick-up with unknown white male & female.

Amber Hagerman-Missing since '96-Arlington, Tx.-9 yrs. old....Last seen in parking lot being shoved into black pick-up by male.

BBM-

All abductions in '89 (except Ambers)..all around the same age as Amber...all walking except Angelica (& Amber) and she may have accepted a ride. We also have a string of toddler cases, in TX. in the '80's-early 90's that fit a pattern IMO.

Ara Johnson-Missing since '86-Big Sandy, Tx.- 5 yrs. old...Last seen in her bedroom asleep.

Pam Mayfield-Missing since '85-Houston, Tx.-5 yrs. old...Last seen walking home from school with her brother Michael after school.

Megan Garner-Missing since '91-Tyler, Tx.-3 yrs. old....Last seen at a playground near her home.

Amber Crum-Missing since '83-Dallas, Tx.-2 yrs. old....Last seen in truck outside of convenient store.

Desiree Carroll-Missing since '83- Kosse, Tx.-2 yrs. old......Last seen near her home.

BBM-IMO- of course, these are only females...trying to find a pattern or MO of a perp. here.

Bump this case my suspect is Ralph Jackson in my opinion the I70 Killer who also killed in Texas.

I do not know for certain of course who killed Amber but I believe Jackson was a very prolific child killer and these crimes are heinous ones on top of what I believe are all his other vile acts. I believe he was the I70 Killer and at this cold cases page an I70 Killer victim Amy Vess is unfortunately there as is Amber so we can draw the inference he was active in this area of Texas:

I do not know for certain of course who killed Amber but I believe Jackson was a very prolific child killer and these crimes are heinous ones on top of what I believe are all his other vile acts. I believe he was the I70 Killer and at this cold cases page an I70 Killer victim Amy Vess is unfortunately there as is Amber so we can draw the inference he was active in this area of Texas:

Of course if the right offender is found like others on this site I would be pleased to be wrong if the cases are solved.

Did they get any DNA off Amber's bicycle? In the movie, I believe the grandfather put it in his truck bed but don't know if it really happened that way.

One of the names of possible suspects mentioned above was DEB. He slit her throat in the JS case. In 2010 he hung himself in the jail cell before he could plead guilty. Does his DNA still stay in the system after his death? Does all DNA stay in the system forever or is there some timeline set up?

Of note, it took a year for DNA results to come back. Hopefully with the new technology it doesn't take as long now.

Dickinson mom's amazing survival story featured on '48 Hours'

Jennifer Schuett - Dennis Earl Bradford - Dickinson (Galveston County), August 1990

Look into similar abduction homicides, where a female victim was grabbed off the street , and especially the same manner of death.

Dont try to assign it to a specific known offender or youll start to tailor the offender characteristics to fit the case, always look at the evidence

The majority of the time (with very little variance) these cases, which are exceedingly rare , follow a certain set of criteria.

Look into similar abduction homicides, where a female victim was grabbed off the street , and especially the same manner of death.

Dont try to assign it to a specific known offender or youll start to tailor the offender characteristics to fit the case, always look at the evidence

The majority of the time (with very little variance) these cases, which are exceedingly rare , follow a certain set of criteria.
This is great advice/knowledge. As my earlier post implies, several preteens; close in age; late 80’s-90’s;walking home or close to home...etc;

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back