Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that he left and she knew it and found her way out.
'This is Jayme Closs. Call 911': Man recalls scene when missing Wis. teen arrived at his door
Also it states here that Jayme was unaware that everyone was looking for her.

Additionally:

“JN, the woman Jayme first approached, said she was wearing slacks and shoes that didn't appear to be hers, as well as a baggy sweatshirt.

Kasinskas said Jayme was able to provide the man's name and the color of the car he drove, which they passed on to authorities when they called 911.

"She was pretty quiet," he said. "I'm sure it was shock or relief. I don't know. Her head had to be going a million miles an hour faster than even ours were."“

So happy to find out this morning on the radio Jayme was found alive!

Sure would like to know where Patterson first saw JC and what in the world led him to kill James and Denise.

My bet is that they 'found' one another on Kik or Whisper or Snapchat and Jayme let slip where she lived and creepazoid showed up fully prepared to make her his own. It happens too much like this any more but more often the result is less violent but not much less unfortunate for the girl.

Hah, definitely! I live in a rural area, though not even REMOTELY as rural as Gordon and we are still a goooood ways from the nearest one. He just strikes me as a guy who would make snarfing noises while eating an onion-filled, sloppy bean burrito right in front of a starving girl. I don't think I can "ugh" enough about this guy!

Me either. Perps that hurt children (much less kill parents) get nothing but disgust and WAY MORE from me. This is the first case I have followed on here. Now that he is the likely perp and will be charged, can I say everything I would like to say about him?? Because I am holding back the nastiest rermarks.... just saying.... Well we know Taco Bell is a long way away in prsion too and I doubt the care if you want extra cheese or onions on your burrito.... Yah, he looks well fed and clean where she was described as skinny, matted hair and dirty.... Grrrrr.....

Interesting tidbit in the link about the ownership of the house transferring from Patterson's father to a credit union shortly after the kidnapping. Was it foreclosed on or sold? How did JTP manage to continue living there, with Jayme, for over two more months?
Maybe the mortgage company sold it to another mortgage company. Maybe he owned it outright and had it appraised to take out a home equity loan or a mortgage in general on it. Douglas County still lists the father as the owner with no change in that status since 2008.

“Kasinskas said Jayme did not seem to know about all the news coverage that followed in the wake of her disappearance, nor of the massive search that had been underway.

He also said that Jayme told them she did not know 21-year-old Jake Thomas Patterson, the suspect arrested a short time later Thursday based on the description she provided, before the whole ordeal began in October.“

Snip

“Her husband said Jayme told them Patterson would sometimes have people over and hide her so they wouldn't see her.“

'This is Jayme Closs. Call 911': Man recalls scene when missing Wis. teen arrived at his door

(Thanks @Mistermagoo for the link)

Not sure how many of you guys followed AH’s case, but there were times she did things trying to get the word out, the letter...(Sorry have a headache can barely post)—

This case seems similar in many ways to AH and Nate Kibby, minus the double homicide. For those not familiar, worth a look for comparative purposes, I suspect I will be referring to that case as more details come out, moo. Actually, I mentioned her a few times previously.

Deleted

From the above article:
"Steve Lykken, president of the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, issued a statement Friday saying 21-year-old Jake Patterson was hired one day but quit the next, explaining that he was moving away from the area".

Could this be how JP had initial contact with the Jayme Closs's parents?
Possibly....who knows. Denise did a lot of volunteer work with her church. Jayme said if she had a million dollars she would help feed the poor. Umh....he worked there for a day. Where was he living during that time?

I wondered the same thing. And hasn't it been posted that the house was on the market (just recently taken off)? How could that be? Did the credit union take possession of it and put it on the market without ever looking at it and seeing that someone lived there? Was JTP basically squatting in an empty, abandoned house? This guy really lucked out.

I have not seen nor heard this. Though, right now, it’s impossible to keep up with everything in the thread.

I posted the very same thing earlier this week. The person likely was passing through town and saw her, followed her to see where she lived and determined it would be safer to kill her parents and take her vs. an abduction during daylight hours. IMO.

Think people are stunned because 3 people 3 cell phones. Odd work hours... I can get random... but to chance it... how would he know there’s no security or ring cam, how does he know James isn’t sleeping in basement working on fantasy football ..

Still wanna think he was in home before event...

To just say cute girl, I’ll off their parents and take her...is effing insane....coulda been house guest, hell someone almost got 911 call off...

Effin nuts, every town over 1000 lives needs cams on last points out of town....

Lol
Incel, eh? Involuntarily Celibate....cry me a river...

Geez, ever occur to these guys to get off their butts & out of their internet echo chambers of rage, despair & victimhood & DO something about their lives...

Ugh

Hate to say it but I think these violent abductions of young girls by very young men is going to become increasingly common....:( sure hope I'm wrong....

I don’t want to start a rumor, so I’ll say I haven’t followed this case for awhile. But if I recall correctly, didn’t Jayme participate in dance? If so, perhaps JTP was (is) pervy, went to the tween dance recitals and became fixated? This is just my rampant speculation.

But is it true that Jayme participated in dance?

The Latest: Cabin's ownership changed days after abduction

Dad transferred cabin’s ownership to a credit union on 10/23. I used to work for a credit union, in the collections department. Mind you this was nearly 20 years ago, so some things could have changed. But, I do have some questions.

Normally someone signing over the deed is a way to avoid the legal costs of foreclosure. The financial institution is about to foreclose, the owner knows they can’t make the payments and they sign over the deed. Why? Because all legal fees involved in a foreclosure are charged to the owner. As soon as the home is sold, all fees are paid first, the balance of the proceeds are applied to the mortgage. If there is a balance left on the loan, the owner is still responsible for paying this amount. The financial organization could file suit and garnish wages and/or bank accounts. If the property sells for more than what is owed, the excess is given to the individual.

After a home is legally foreclosed or a deed in lieu of foreclosure is signed, the financial institution inspects the property. They need to know what they have, what repairs it may require, an updated value, etc. Also, at this time, they would do what was needed to secure the house while it sat vacant, including doing any necessary winterizing for the plumbing, etc.

With all that in mind... How JTP hide his existence at this residence from the credit union? Was his family not questioning where he was staying? LE asked people to check their cabins. Did both JTP’s dad and the credit union ignore these requests?

Just curious and wondering if LE could have found JC sooner had due diligence, by all, been done.

Good questions. I have seen places sit untended when owned by banks and apparently no one takes care of them nor cares. I have seen places teens break into because they know it is empty, for sale and not selling, or just ignored. It would be the type of place to check out, by the bank and/or the property owner IF that is what the case was.... Good points, food for thought....

Regarding JP working at JennieO for a day and then quitting because he was "moving".

1) he would likely have been in town BEFORE that day for an application, interview.

2) saying he was moving means that he was living THERE at the time?

So I'm curious about the weeks before he worked at JennieO.

MOO

Yes, they do. Though being fall, it may not have been necessary. Especially if the cabin had been winterized.
Maybe the credit union was letting him stay there in return for him being a "care-taker" while they had it on the market? But it would sure be risky to keep the girl locked up there if there was always the possibility of a prospective buying coming by. But maybe since it was fall/winter, the market is dead.

Lol
Incel, eh? Involuntarily Celibate....cry me a river...

Geez, ever occur to these guys to get off their butts & out of their internet echo chambers of rage, despair & victimhood & DO something about their lives...

Ugh

Hate to say it but I think these violent abductions of young girls by very young men is going to become increasingly common....:( sure hope I'm wrong....

Honestly I feel the same way. You wouldn't believe how violent and angry some men can become when you reject their advances. I even try to be kind with rejection but Im usually met with "f-- you's" and "hope you get r--ed!" it's scary. Like Im sorry Im not into you.... i'm also not looking for a boyfriend!!! I know there are good men out there, but it seems to be few and far between. My message to actual GOOD GUYS would to be please watch out for your female friends. If you hear other guys speaking inappropriately or harassing a woman say something. If we had more good guys standing up to these bad guys we might stand a chance.

Not sure how many of you guys followed AH’s case, but there were times she did things trying to get the word out, the letter...(Sorry have a headache can barely post)—

This case seems similar in many ways to AH and Nate Kibby, minus the double homicide. For those not familiar, worth a look for comparative purposes, I suspect I will be referring to that case as more details come out, moo. Actually, I mentioned her a few times previously.

Do you renember when you said on here that Eau Claire was stuck in your mind or something like that? I remember because I got a big speeding ticket there once because the state highway patrol has an office right there.

But it was not the city of Eau Claire but Eau Claire acres. I am freaked out by that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288