Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
No death penalty... which is odd... for people that love to hunt...

If he’s in prison in Wisconsin... don’t know where he ends up... why would he not get killed in about 6 months inside...

If your in for life, what are they going to do, serve u worse food...and tack on 20 yrs..

He won’t last long in general population..is hope not..

Not even David Mitchell (Elizabeth Smart kidnapper) was able to get "Insanity" defense. And that guy was as crazy as a loon. I don't see a defense of mental incapacity viable, he was cognitive enough to organize killing 2 adults and taking Jayme Closs, evading LEO.

Dang, life in prison isn't good enough. He deserves much worse.

No death penalty... which is odd... for people that love to hunt...

If he’s in prison in Wisconsin... don’t know where he ends up... why would he not get killed in about 6 months inside...

If your in for life, what are they going to do, serve u worse food...and tack on 20 yrs..

He won’t last long in general population. <modsnip>.
Putting my thinking cap on here...wasn't Jeffrey Dahlmer (sp?) killed in a Wisconsin prison?

Last edited by a moderator:
But not necessarily initiated by her or known to her. She was a dancer. She also has a picture in a cheer uniform. Not sure if they are one in the same in WI but he could have seen her at a dance/cheer function and just started fixating on her. She would be clueless to it all.
All possible- the point I am trying to make is that HE knew about her if all of the stuff the sheriff said is true- that he took proactive actions, that she was the target.

Because the sheriff said she was the target. If she was the target he had to know who she was beforehand. If he knew who she was then there had to be some prior contact.
I believe the family that called 911 said that Jayme told them that she did not know the guy prior to the kidnapping. So while he probably knew who she was, she didn't know him. Like others have said, he had been thinking of kidnapping a girl for a while, happened to see Jayme somewhere, followed her discretely to see where she lived and with whom, did a little stalking, made his plan, and carried it out.

Because the sheriff said she was the target. If she was the target he had to know who she was beforehand. If he knew who she was then there had to be some prior contact.
He could have just seen her - at a dance recital, getting off the bus, or in a parking lot. He wouldn’t have necessarily met her or spoken to her or her parents.

Just an observation based on a Facebook photo that is being used by the media (the one with the suspect with two female family members).

A friend asks the original poster “Is Jake leaving soon?”

The poster responds “as of now, August 17th is when he leaves.”

This sounds to me like a boot camp ship date, which in my experience, can change.

If he did go off to boot camp, I’m assuming that he was sent home prior to graduation, or was given the boot not long into his service.

Most enlistments are four years, and the time that has past since the date of the photo, doesn’t compute.

I may be wrong about this, as we haven’t heard about any sort of military service, but I just wanted to point it out.

You don't have to take care of a rural cabin IMO. All you have to do is make sure everything is shut off for winter and locked up, then turn it all back on in the spring.

I agree except when they do that is when a "squatter" knows they can probably get away with living/staying there... Many cases in NW WI where someone opens one up in the spring and they find someone stayed there at least for a few days, stole things, ate things, started a fire, vandalized, etc. And that is not even bank controlled but by owners.

Just an observation based on a Facebook photo that is being used by the media (the one with the suspect with two female family members).

A friend asks the original poster “Is Jake leaving soon?”

The poster responds “as of now, August 17th is when he leaves.”

This sounds to me like a boot camp ship date, which in my experience, can change.

If he did go off to boot camp, I’m assuming that he was sent home prior to graduation, or was given the boot not long into his service.

Most enlistments are four years, and the time that has past since the date of the photo, doesn’t compute.

I may be wrong about this, as we haven’t heard about any sort of military service, but I just wanted to point it out.
Could have been college too.

Anyone know if JC has any connections (dance studio, etc) in the Barron county village of Haugen?

That would be prior contact...
I disagree. Contact, via Websters, is

• : the state or condition that existswhen two people or things physicallytouch each other : a state of touching
  • : the state or condition that existswhen people see and communicatewith each other
  • : an occurrence in which people communicate with each other

Why do people think there has to be some sort of family tie or link? Abductors usually have zero ties. Simple he had a plan to kidnap a girl just link the hundreds of previous abductors before him. He very Most likely had been cruising around in a different town to find his prey. The further away from where he lived the better. LE already confirmed there were no links. Predators who plan a kidnap, always pick people that have zero ties with as it means they will never be under the radar. I am certain Jake confirmed he had no ties with the Closs this in his first interrogation with LE. This explains why police said he covered his tracks and the lack of links.

What most likely happened? He wanted an young girl for his keep. He went cruising around schools saw her walking alone from school, stalked her and found out where she lived and more about her family. He put his plan into action that fateful night.

Nothing really strange about this just a typical abduction. I guess we will see when everything comes to light

Imo a typical abduction would not involve two murders. When I think of a typical abduction (if there is such a thing) I think of a person grabbing a child randomly of the street. Not breaking into their home with a gun killing two people and kidnapping the child.

I really wonder if there could be a connection through church. When I look at this guy, I could see this being a guy that saw Jayme at church, or something church related, and think to himself that Jayme would be his perfect innocent little God fearing bride.
I know that might sound absurd for someone who shoots a little girls parents in cold blood. But I think there's something twisted enough in his mind to justify something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks