Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I have tried everything to get a look at the house/cabin. All I get on google maps is aerial shots. I'm in Thailand, so maybe I'm blocked. Does anyone have a photo or can direct me to another source?. TIA
I haven't found a picture either. I'm hoping news media will release some when the investigators leave.

I missed the second presser

Is it possible that he didn’t plan to murder anyone? Shot the door in and that shot killed her dad, then he realized he would have to kill her mom since the dad was killed, but still went on with his plan to take Jayme?

I guess maybe not, because if you are using a shotgun, you aren’t sneaking into a house to kidnap a girl. You are waking everyone up with a shotgun blast.

IMO, when you go to someone’s home at the hour of night, as he did, with ill intentions, you know there’s a strong possibility you’re going to be met with resistance.

He used a element of surprise here, shooting the door in with a shotgun. It was a dramatic entry that I’m sure caused mass confusion.

I believe he intended to kill her parents. He didn’t know them but knew who they were, most likely from watching movements, schedules ahead of time. Stalking.

I think he declined comment on her condition due to not wanting to taint the prosecution. He commented to that effect while declining the question. I believe they will prosecute him for everything they can.
He also simply may not know yet. But even if he did, he wouldn't say anything. That information is confidential at this point. The Sheriff will let the DA decide on those charges.

I missed the second presser

Is it possible that he didn’t plan to murder anyone? Shot the door in and that shot killed her dad, then he realized he would have to kill her mom since the dad was killed, but still went on with his plan to take Jayme?

I guess maybe not, because if you are using a shotgun, you aren’t sneaking into a house to kidnap a girl. You are waking everyone up with a shotgun blast.
See below:
Press conference:

Jayme reunited with family.

Not releasing information that will upset Jayme.

Gun consistent with murders has been recovered. Awaiting ballistics testing.

Shotgun.

Used to shoot open door at Closs home. Door not kicked in.

Shaved his head to not leave evidence at crime scene.

Nothing shows that the suspect knew anyone in Closs family.

Specifically targeted Jayme. This was planned.

Suspect not at home when Jayme escaped.

Suspect tried to find her after she escaped.

Why?: police trying to figure that out.

No social media connection. Don’t know how he became aware of Jayme.

Jayme is talking.

Search warrants being served.

Looking to see if he had help.

911 call wasn’t helpful (bad audio).

Jayme was kept in a home.

More than one gun was recovered, but the shotgun recovered is key.

We will learn a lot during his court appearance on Monday.

As soon as he said shotgun, which I along with most of y’all hypothesized that’s what it was all along, I literally let out a painful howl. I wasn’t expecting to do that. It’s just knowing that she saw a great deal of devastation to her beloved Mom & Dad that wouldn’t have likely been as extensive with a handgun....literally ripped into my heart. moo
OMG me too haha. I was sitting at the table with my wife and howled as well. She gave me a strange look and I was surprised at my own reaction too. Not that I am excited in any way that they died this way of course but this is my first time on WS Jayme being what brought me here. Feels good in a way to know that after time and reading through all the threads you can make a good educated guess at what little we had and it be correct. This is an awesome site and will prob remain for future, in a small way everyone on here seems like family having one common goal. Hope that's not to corny

He also simply may not know yet. But even if he did, he wouldn't say anything. That information is confidential at this point. The Sheriff will let the DA decide on those charges.

Yes. All of that is pending the investigation. He clearly stated that he did not want to answer so as not to hinder prosecution, though not verbatim.

Jason Fechner on Twitter
Complete coverage from Barron to Gordon, #Wisconsin of #JaymeCloss’s abduction, her escape and her reunion with family today. Hear from those who found her and helped her. Team coverage starts at 5:00 and runs all night on @SpectrumNews1WI— join us...

DwqmC9CW0AIFPWW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member