OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both good points, but FW wasn't charged for those (I could be missing a charge). She's charged with;

Obstructing Justice 2921.32(A)(5) Felony Fifth Degree ~ (A)No person, with purpose to hinder the discovery, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for crime or to assist another to benefit from the commission of a crime, and no person, with purpose to hinder the discovery, apprehension, prosecution, adjudication as a delinquent child, or disposition of a child for an act that if committed by an adult would be a crime or to assist a child to benefit from the commission of an act that if committed by an adult would be a crime, shall do any of the following:(5)Communicate false information to any person;(carries up to a 12 month sentence),

and

Felony 3rd Degree Perjury 2921.11(A) ~No person shall knowingly make a false statement, or knowingly swear or affirm the truth of a false statement previously made, when either statement is material. Also, under this section, the falsification must be made while under oath or equivalent affirmation. Under this section, the false statement involved must be material, i.e., it must be such that it can affect the course or outcome of the proceeding in which it is made, regardless of its admissibility under the rules of evidence. (Carries up to five years in prison based on case, and a maximum of $2,500 in fines.)

Both of the above charges are said to be re; two bullet proof vests, found in G4's room, at FW's home, in May, 2017, is that correct?

That was about whether it was a crime to make a threat against a public official, not about the two charges in the indictment.

I didn't bring it up, I don't know why it gets brought up, but it was in MSM, so it's not against t.o.s. I just find it odd that folks think they were pets. At this point I'm ready to make an add-on app to hide posts with "roosters", "*advertiser censored*", and/or "bed bugs", in the contents. o_O

But, you reply to them, don't you...lol
LOL @rsd1200

Come on. I know you and Dudley wants to talk about those bedbugs. Admit it now. That bedbug discussion was the highlight of your day.

I'd actually rather watch TV with it turned off...

Threatening to kill a public official is very different than saying "I would like to choke so & so ". Elected officials like an attorney General have special protections under the law because of their public persona. Ask anyone who has went to jail for threatening to kill a public official.
Here is some good reading on what are crimes against public elected officials.
"
(A) No person, purposely and by force or by unlawful threat of harm to any person or property, shall retaliate against a public servant, a party official, or an attorney or witness who was involved in a civil or criminal action or proceeding because the public servant, party official, attorney, or witness discharged the duties of the public servant, party official, attorney, or witness.

(B) No person, purposely and by force or by unlawful threat of harm to any person or property, shall retaliate against the victim of a crime because the victim filed or prosecuted criminal charges.

(C) Whoever violates this section is guilty of retaliation, a felony of the third degree.

Effective Date: 09-03-1996."
Lawriter - ORC

I don't think any of them are charged with that though. That's 2921.05 of the Ohio code. Lawriter - ORC - 2921.05 Retaliation.

I still don’t get the connection
The connection would be that Fredericka Wagner employed a youth group leader for her church that raped two minor children that were part of the church youth group.

It’s pretty clear in the article what his charges were and what church he was affiliated with. Lucasville Mission...about 75 miles SE of Columbus. Perhaps FW should have cleared that up 12 years when contacted by media for a statement but the calls went unreturned. JMO.

How do you know this is the same Church the youth leader was at, is there a link?
“A Scioto County church youth-group leader has been accused of sexually assaulting three girls who were under his care.

Raymond Brown, 33, of Otway, was indicted Tuesday on six counts of rape in connection with two girls in his youth group at Lucasville Mission Church, said Jodi Conkel, a detective with the Scioto County sheriff’s office. Brown also faces one count of gross sexual imposition involving another girl, authorities said.

The girls were between ages 12 and 16 at the time of the abuse, Scioto County Assistant Prosecutor Julie Hutchinson said yesterday.”

Church’s youth leader accused of sex crimes

The connection would be that Fredericka Wagner employed a youth group leader for her church that raped two minor children that were part of the church youth group.

It’s pretty clear in the article what his charges were and what church he was affiliated with. Lucasville Mission...about 75 miles SE of Columbus. Perhaps FW should have cleared that up 12 years when contacted by media for a statement but the calls went unreturned. JMO.

BBM

Perhaps FW should have cleared that up 12 years when contacted by media for a statement but the calls went unreturned.

She was too busy adjusting her halo to answer the phone.

Oh where does it state they contacted her?

Yes. If you hear someone threaten to kill the Attorney General of Ohio and you do not report what you heard immediately, that is a crime.

JMO

I don't think so. She's not charged with that crime. I think they'd have charged her, if they could have.

Most of the time, ordinary citizens are not legally required to report a crime or to do anything to stop it. In other words, there is no general duty to be a “good Samaritan.” But the exceptions are surprisingly widespread.
A few states, for example, require witnesses at the scene of a violent crime to make reports to law enforcement when they can safely do so.

As a general rule, members of the public are not legally required to intervene when they witness a crime, nor must they report it to the police. In some situations, depending on the specifics of state law, they may make a citizens’ arrest, but that is an option, not a requirement. The reason for not requiring intervention or reporting is to leave policing to the professionals and to avoid turning all citizens into informants.

When considering whether to make a report, remember that you do not have to be certain that a crime has been committed, or will be committed. It's up to law enforcement and the courts to ultimately determine whether the activity is criminal. Just make your report as accurate as you can and stick to the facts.

Reporting Crimes: Witnessing, Ignoring, Falsely Reporting, and Lying - Lawyers.com

Not really clear the church name in the article is different than fw church. Also there is other Lucasville mission located in the area.

Not really clear the church name in the article is different than fw church. Also there is other Lucasville mission located in the area.
Could you elaborate on the difference in names? Lucasville Mission is Lucasville Mission. In addition, I searched a directory of Scioto County church’s and to no avail, there wasn’t a Lucasville Mission.

ETA- Ohio business entity search shows one Lucasville Mission church in the entire state of Ohio.

Facts cannot be altered.

Ohio Secretary of State Business Search-Business Name

Ohio Secretary of State Business Search-Business Name

With all due respect to gitana, how do they arrest and charge someone who threatens to kill the president? Those people didn't have a chance to do it, obviously, but they still go to jail for it. They have people in federal prisons for that.

JMO

It's rare that anyone is arrested for that. The majority are mentally ill. It's tough to determine a "true threat" under our 1A freedoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans