Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Possibly, I came across many 18-21 year olds in my career who had been receiving SSI and didn't even know why. They just knew their Mom or someone had signed them up for some when young (had no idea what the disability even was) and they still get checks. I had always thought disability cases got reviewed now and then.

They do. Not a lot, once you are disabled for a while and are old-ish like me. But I did get paperwork every few years at first. But who says he was getting disability anyway?

I have such mixed feelings on this. I understand why they protect victims of sexual assault, but in doing so, I worry that they further stigmatize those victims. Brush it under the rug. Make it a seem like a dirty secret. Whatever she endured with this sicko is NOT Jayme's fault and she should not feel ashamed of any of it (understanding that is easier said than done). God Bless Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard for turning this thinking around.

Jayme is a child and the act of testifying and having see her kidnapper/assailant in the courtroom to answer difficult questions from HIS attorney has to be carefully considered with input from those professionals who will oversee her care.

Both Smart and Dugard got to return home to their loving parents. Jayme does not. If the DA wants to treat her with kid gloves, kudos to him.

JMO

My reference point is the Marines, and that’s a minimum of 4 years.

He just wreaks of “failure to adapt.” I just can’t believe he made it any length of time, let alone an entire enlistment (if he served).

ETA: I just googled it, and 2 years is apparently a possibility.
What are the discharge circumstances tho? Mental breakdown, physically incapable...etc?

If the utilities were never switched out of the owners name they could be paid - wonder if there are any utility liens recorded? Otherwise he’s using buckets candles and who knows what else when you don’t have lights running water power etc

Most homes in country have wells for water. Many rely on fireplaces for heat. Electricity is the issue......unless he illegally connected his electric meter to a neighbors......i've heard of people doing this.

I guess he probably did. What is striking a wrong chord with me he is was having people over to the cabin while hiding Jayme. Did no one catch on? It’s so strange.

It was not clear if that happened during these ninety days, or over the years, etc
Surely Jayme would have said if there gangs of people there. She seemed to have told LE only about him.

I was raised in a community of 600. It gave me a massive imagination and I have a lot of wonderful childhood memories that my city friends are envious of. I also got a good education, went to college on a partial scholarship, and did not have to pay a dime for my masters, either. I lived in a big city for a while, and then came back when I was in my 40s to settle in an unincorporated township of 300 people 5 miles from my home town. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

Community of 600 where everyone interacts would be great... Gordon seems like resort town where 600 is peak population and people are spread out ... in school if u had good student to pupil ratio... I could see benefit.. Congrats on the masters !!. That’s great

Absolutely, and amazing. She outsmarted him and waited a very long time to make her move. You are right.

I still wonder for when cases like this happen in the future, what can be learned.
I'm a firm believer that a good lesson is in prevention. Home security isn't all that expensive, and even if it doesn't prevent a particular crime, it can give enough information to point LE in the right direction. To me, it's a must if you have children. Of course, that won't protect them when you send them off to school...

I think we would do well to focus on the Jennie-O plant at some point.

I think we should see where the evidence leads. If it's to Jennie-O, that's fine, but for now LE has said there is no connection between any of the Closses and the accused, even through SM. I know it can be very easy to spy on someone through FB if they have it public and it used to be possible to spy through friend's pages. I think he might have watched DC's FB because she was much more active than JC was and she posted pics of Jayme. Still, I will wait for LE to reveal what they feel is appropriate. JMO.

ok, catching up here. But it seems that JP was out looking for Jayme when he was arrested....This so easily could have had a much different outcome if she hadn't found the dog walker. Thank god she was able to get away!!! I think it was only a matter of time until he would have sadly ended her life. I'm so thankful that she had the courage to run!

All I can is:

Eventually, we need to know, if possible, how he found and chose Jayme. For public safety reasons.

And if he assaulted her, he needs that charge to be added. No way that should slide. He needs the big red S for sex offender.

Jmo

What are the discharge circumstances tho? Mental breakdown, physically incapable...etc?

For how I see him, it would be “medical separation” or “entry-level separation.”

It all depends on the branch and circumstances.

I fear I may have led us all down a rabbit hole here, as the basis for all of this is very flimsy.

A lot of folks don’t think he did this alone. I do. It is totally a one person crime, like other similar ones. Not sure what others are thinking is so odd.
I wonder what else he has done. You don't go from nothing to a double homicide and abduction and God knows what else he has done to the poor girl.

Hope they check his DNA to see if he's in a database.

I'm a firm believer that a good lesson is in prevention. Home security isn't all that expensive, and even if it doesn't prevent a particular crime, it can give enough information to point LE in the right direction. To me, it's a must if you have children. Of course, that won't protect them when you send them off to school...
Best home defense...who’d a thunk it...a shotgun! Most bang for ur buck, even in the dark. Or in crimes also apparently...screw a security system, dog and a shotgun is all I need! FYI taught my daughter to shoot at 12, ya know just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708