GUILTY UK -Jaden Moodie, 14, murdered, Waltham Forest, London, 8 Jan 2019

His family has made a statement to the media

It's pretty evident to me while listening to this video that this family did try to help their young lad.

He was only 14 years old .

I join with you all in hoping that this can be used as a "turning point" for the police to come up with an action plan or plans.

May his loved ones hold one another close during this deeply saddening time.

Excluded from school due to his social media posts.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...-weeks-before-he-was-killed-a4036306.html?amp

I don't get why his family were denying he was involved in gangs. It's one thing to say they didn't know he was but to deny it entirely isn't going to do the situation any good. He was on a moped with it's plates off - not exactly innocent child behaviour.
Also if this ever gets to court the defence could easily use the families denial.

Regardless of the fact that it very much appears he was involved in gang crime his murder was absolutely disgusting and I truly hope they catch the people involved. But if its ignored that he was in a gang and it's brushed under the carpet by all then this level of violence will never be stopped.

Excluded from school due to his social media posts.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/knife-victim-jayden-moodie-14-was-excluded-from-school-weeks-before-he-was-killed-a4036306.html?amp

I don't get why his family were denying he was involved in gangs. It's one thing to say they didn't know he was but to deny it entirely isn't going to do the situation any good. He was on a moped with it's plates off - not exactly innocent child behaviour.
Also if this ever gets to court the defence could easily use the families denial.

Regardless of the fact that it very much appears he was involved in gang crime his murder was absolutely disgusting and I truly hope they catch the people involved. But if its ignored that he was in a gang and it's brushed under the carpet by all then this level of violence will never be stopped.
Corrected link - that one appears to be broken London knife victim, 14, was excluded from school weeks before he died

Referring to himself as a trapper boy...the moped...the posing with cash. It certainly comes very much across as having all the indicators of county lines. County lines seems to be more and more of an issue recently, there's certainly more known about it.

Horrendous. It really sounds like his family were trying so hard to make sure he was in the right environment.

The Waltham Forest area has been blighted for years by rivalry between two gangs, the Beaumont Crew and the Oliver Close Gang — named after estates in the area. A recent academic study into the OCG revealed that gang leaders can earn around £130,000 a year from the sale of drugs. Teenage dealers, known as ‘shotters’ and ‘trappers’, can earn £500 a week, or £26,000 a year, if they can secure 150 regular customers. The younger they are, the easier they are to control and the less likely to be stopped by police.

Jeez. I'm in the wrong job.

Just kidding (obviously!) but you can begin to understand the temptation put in front of these kids. Big money, respect from peers, perceived freedom, and a level of "protection" from whoever they're working for.

And, what pictures?

Julian Moodie (Jaden's dad in Jamaica) was out shopping when the devastating news arrived on Tuesday, via a phone call, just minutes after 14-year-old Jaden was knocked from his moped by a car on an East London street and stabbed in the back seven times by a gang of men. ‘Then the pictures came through on my phone,’ says 51-year-old Mr Moodie. ‘And then I passed out. I couldn’t believe it.

Father of Jayden Moodie tells how he begged him not to take the wrong path | Daily Mail Online

Pleased to see the media finally caught up on the correct name spelling (can you tell it was bugging me haha!)

Surely it can't be that hard to find out who was driving the car, unless it was stolen, but police haven't said it was. Who had the car keys?

Well it seems clear-ish from MSM that there are "estate gangs" operating, and not just in London but many places elsewhere in the country. This is such a huge problem that appears impenetrable to the police (why??)
Locals know about the gangs and the retribution they suffer for providing information to police, they are terrified of naming perpetrators I expect, noone is going to speak of them.
What is almost incomprehensible to me is Jayden must be one of dozens of young children drawn into this society of gangs, drugs, money, peer pressure. This tragedy has made headlines because of his age but how many more children are doing the same every day? I just despair.

Well it seems clear-ish from MSM that there are "estate gangs" operating, and not just in London but many places elsewhere in the country. This is such a huge problem that appears impenetrable to the police (why??)
Locals know about the gangs and the retribution they suffer for providing information to police, they are terrified of naming perpetrators I expect, noone is going to speak of them.
What is almost incomprehensible to me is Jayden must be one of dozens of young children drawn into this society of gangs, drugs, money, peer pressure. This tragedy has made headlines because of his age but how many more children are doing the same every day? I just despair.
I don't think police need to rely on informers though. Whoever owns the car is first port of call and then it's DNA/hair/fibres/fingerprints of members of that family and known associates, and an ID parade and cctv evidence. Maybe it's all going on quietly as we speak.

I don't think police need to rely on informers though. Whoever owns the car is first port of call and then it's DNA/hair/fibres/fingerprints of members of that family and known associates, and an ID parade and cctv evidence. Maybe it's all going on quietly as we speak.

I hope it will be that straightforward.

Jeez. I'm in the wrong job.

Just kidding (obviously!) but you can begin to understand the temptation put in front of these kids. Big money, respect from peers, perceived freedom, and a level of "protection" from whoever they're working for.

I have happened to have listened to some talks and training on county lines and gangs last year, from somebody who is an 'ex-gang member' and now works to help young people leave gangs and rebuild lives.

One of the things learned is that one tactic some gangs will use is to wait around near school gates and entice a child into delivering a package/etc for them for money, so that they now 'work' for the gang. Then they'll get them to do it again, but one of their own gang members will mug the young person, so that they have both the drugs and the money back. That young person is now in 'debt' to the gang. So they have to take more risk and deliver a bigger package, or do anything else the gang wants (and potentially the same will happen again, so that the child is falling into more and more extreme 'debt' with the gang and will do anything they ask).

County lines especially is making it easier and easier for them to earn more and more money. For some vulnerable young people, seeing peers around them flaunting cash, new trainers, girls/boys, a car or bike, the respect, the 'earning money' when they're disliking school or having a reputation there...all sorts of things, but you can see how some fall into it and can't get out.

I have happened to have listened to some talks and training on county lines and gangs last year, from somebody who is an 'ex-gang member' and now works to help young people leave gangs and rebuild lives.

One of the things learned is that one tactic some gangs will use is to wait around near school gates and entice a child into delivering a package/etc for them for money, so that they now 'work' for the gang. Then they'll get them to do it again, but one of their own gang members will mug the young person, so that they have both the drugs and the money back. That young person is now in 'debt' to the gang. So they have to take more risk and deliver a bigger package, or do anything else the gang wants (and potentially the same will happen again, so that the child is falling into more and more extreme 'debt' with the gang and will do anything they ask).

County lines especially is making it easier and easier for them to earn more and more money. For some vulnerable young people, seeing peers around them flaunting cash, new trainers, girls/boys, a car or bike, the respect, the 'earning money' when they're disliking school or having a reputation there...all sorts of things, but you can see how some fall into it and can't get out.

Livness that is so shocking, I am appalled at the way gangs coerce children. I know little about 'county lines' but was reading this news item today that does go into some detail about them, so putting a link if anyone is interested :-
'Blind eye' turned to street drug dealing

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Soole, who is leading the investigation, said: “We want to make sure we fully understand every aspect of Jaden’s lifestyle, and the reason, for instance, that he was riding a stolen moped. I believe there are a number of people who witnessed the crime or who have information about Jaden’s murder and we would like to hear from them.”

Detectives are urging young people to use the website Fearless.org, which is aimed at 11 to 16-year-olds, to pass on information anonymously.

Teen was riding stolen moped before he was killed, police say

Police investigating the murder of Jaden Moodie say he was killed in a frenzied attack lasting 30 seconds, suffering at least eight stab wounds inflicted by three male suspects each armed with a knife.

DCI Chris Soole said every aspect of the killing was premeditated; from the Mercedes ramming the moped from behind, to knocking Jaden to the ground and the suspects being armed and stabbing him to death. “They knew what they wanted to do and they did it. I believe it was premeditated,” Soole said.

Soole added that there were five people in the Mercedes and all could be culpable of murder, not just the three who stabbed Jaden. “There were five suspects who travelled into Bickley Road, in the vehicle, and of those five, three inflicted the multiple stab wounds on Jaden.”

Soole said five or six theories fitted the facts of the case, which has been helped by the recovery of the Mercedes, which the attackers dumped close to where Jaden was pronounced dead.

Jaden Moodie killed in attack that lasted 30 seconds, say police

Detectives investigating the murder of Jaden Moodie in Leyton have made an arrest with police 'fully focused' on capturing the culprits who remain at large.

An 18-year-old man was arrested this morning at an address in Wembley, north west London on suspicion of the murder.

He has been taken to a central London police station where he remains for questioning.

Police arrest teenager, 18, over murder of moped rider Jaden Moodie, 14 | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back