Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Her FB says she has been started working at the Ennis Chili's DEC 2016. The baby's daddy, *modsnip*/ removed as sleuthing and naming random person, non POI, please check TOS
. Which seems weird for the mother to do that. Maybe she moved to Ennis to try to make their relationship work or get away from something in Kentucky?

Last edited by a moderator:
So according to LE the co-worker has been cleared as a POI. Does this mean they have a sighting of Emily when she left the co-worker after the pizza/movie? Leaving the property or further afield? On CCTV or by a witness? Unless I've missed something isn't the co-worker still the last person we know of to see/speak to Emily? If they have evidence of her being seen after 8.30 pm then why hasn't it become public knowledge yet?

I keep thinking of 3 scenarios:

1. She crashed somewhere off the roadway (waterway or in the woods) and no one has found her yet. Her phone could have busted as soon as she crashed and that would explain why the phone is not working.
2. She met someone after leaving her friends house and things turned south (maybe this other friend wanted more than what she wanted or something like that).
3. She broke down (wonder if her car had been having mechanical problems?) and someone offered to help and took advantage and kidnapped her and things turned south from there.

This does not look good. I hope they find her.
My understanding is she lived in the apartments around Yorkstown and Clay street (probably north clay street) where she went to see a movie and have pizza is not far and it is all neighborhood not really country. <modsnip: co-worker has been cleared> I heard Ennis PD used drones and that they were around the Old City Lake yesterday. If she did live in the apartments on yorkstown dr. Your talking a max 2 mile drive. She probably would have gone down baldridge or country club rd to get home. I'm not 100 percent she lives in those apartments but it seems when interviewing the mother the Willows apartments were across the street and that is yorkstown rd.

Her FB says she has been started working at the Ennis Chili's DEC 2016. The baby's daddy, *modsnip*/ removed as sleuthing and naming random person, non POI, please check TOS
. Which seems weird for the mother to do that. Maybe she moved to Ennis to try to make their relationship work or get away from something in Kentucky?

Wade had moved to Ennis to help her momthrough back surgery, moved back to her hometown in Kentucky and then moved to Ennis again to live in an apartment with her mother and 7-year-old daughter.

Police ask for help finding missing Ennis mother

Police And Family Continue Search For Missing North Texas Mother | Ennis Daily News

[...]

The family says Wade left her apartment around 5 p.m. on January 5 to go to a friend’s house to hang out and eat pizza. The 38-year-old mother was expected back home before 9:00 p.m., but never showed up. Wade’s family immediately started looking for her and contacted Ennis police. Thursday, the department put a public post for help on Facebook. “She would not just go away. She wanted to be here, was happy to be here,” says Jared Jones, the father of Emily’s 7-year-old daughter. Wade works at Chili’s Grill & Bar in Ennis and was last seen by her co-workers Saturday night. Family members describe the woman as being especially close with her mother and her little girl.

[...]

Police And Family Continue Search For Missing North Texas Mother | Ennis Daily News

[...]

The family says Wade left her apartment around 5 p.m. on January 5 to go to a friend’s house to hang out and eat pizza. The 38-year-old mother was expected back home before 9:00 p.m., but never showed up. Wade’s family immediately started looking for her and contacted Ennis police. Thursday, the department put a public post for help on Facebook. “She would not just go away. She wanted to be here, was happy to be here,” says Jared Jones, the father of Emily’s 7-year-old daughter. Wade works at Chili’s Grill & Bar in Ennis and was last seen by her co-workers Saturday night. Family members describe the woman as being especially close with her mother and her little girl.

[...]

Do we know how far the co-worker lived from Emily's apartment and are there likely to be any CCTV cameras that cover that distance? If there are then presumably LE have reviewed them by now to see if they could spot Emily's car on them?

She has an interesting post on her FB dated April 21, 2013.

Ennis Police Department Crime Watch post on Emily:

Ennis Police Department

They only posted this on Thursday, 5 days after Emily went missing - good grief! LE must have by now viewed at least some of the CCTV around the town on Saturday evening so have they sighted Emily's car on it or not? If they have then why are they keeping quiet?

Watching the GMA segment today, I felt like the family is honestly baffled and terrified of what could have happened to her. So sad.
IMO if this was a car accident she would have been found already. Someone disappeared her intentionally. Either she disappeared on her own or someone did it to her, and not enough details about her life/mental health are known to make a good guess. But the family sure doesn’t seem to think there’s any way she left on her own.

The weirdest thing to me is the car. Where is it? If someone did something to her it seems the logical thing would be to dump the car somewhere quickly. I can’t imagine someone hiding it in a garage—too risky.
I wonder if it will be found soon abandoned in a lot somewhere. Obviously bodies of water should be searched.

This is the interview that perplexed me. JJ talks about a male friend and helping them find her. This is where my confusion betweeen the reports of co-worker and male friend come in. Are they one in the same, or different people?

“We just need to know something, so we need to know where to begin,” said Jones. “And if he was her friend, he would come help.”

Ennis Woman Still Missing After Nearly A Week Of Investigation

Last edited:

[...]

[...]
BBM This article says last seen by co-workers plural....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back