Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, all that you said. :).

It looks like she's returning at least to warm and welcoming aunts she knows and has been close to, but it's unimaginable how much loss and fear she hasn't been been able to process for the 3 long months she was held.

After LE's press conference I looked up whether or not Wisconsin still has the DP. Nope (Wisconsin was the 1st state to abolish the DP- in 1853!) I imagine convictions on 2 counts of murder, aggravated kidnapping, and false imprisonment will suffice to put him away forever, and given that, agree with Katy2 (post on previous thread), and hope that LE permits Jaymee to keep private anything she wants to remain private, if she so chooses.

If there was a way to make sure victims like Jayme don't have to testify against their abusers/kidnappers and make sure her story is heard. I don't want that girl going through everything again after she gets done talking to LE

The post I was responding to was written by someone claiming she/he was "proud" of Jayme. Pride is by definition something one feels in achievements we have made or those close to us have made. Thus my perfectly reasonable question.
Really? What about fans who are proud of their city’s sports teams, for example?

Can we not do this please? He was an adult who had sex with a young minor, and he was charged and convicted of it. We need to stop trivializing and making excuses for men who do this.

I think the point does deserve clarification. The suspect kidnapped a 13 year old girl. An open statement that the brother is a "convicted sex offender" led me to imagine the worst - that he did something similar and is spending the remainder of his life in prison. In fact, that is not the situation. The brother met a 15 year old girl online, stated that he believed that she was 17 years old, and was convicted of misdemeanor sex assault. This is not trivializing, but rather ensuring that the facts remain clear.

I just read a few pages back that the father had paid off the mortgage - is this not correct? Thanks!

Well not sure, some said foreclosed, some now say paid off?

Either way the mortgage is out of the equation, if he did not work and lived there alone daily living expenses have to be paid.
If it was foreclosed on people live in homes for a long time before they finally get out. If the mortgage is paid he can live there with no worries of that happening.
As more info comes out we will know how he managed to stay in that house without a JOB. ;)

This is different.

This is far more extreme than someone’s feelings and expectations.

This guy was willing to kill for what he wanted.

The killing may have been part of the fantasy, or it may have been a means to an end. We just don’t know.

But the psychology here is different from some guy who takes advanage of a woman, and commits sexual assault or rape.

This is psychologically deeper and more profound.

This is something that a serial killer does.

Fortunately, he’ll never meet that definition.

This is bad enough.

One thing that keeps bothering me (ie serial killer). Has he done this before? The sheriff stated that JP shaved his head as a way of leaving no evidence. That makes me think a shaved head was not the norm for JP. What bothers me and please someone correct me if I am wasting my thoughts on this; JP's head was also shaved in a pic from 2015. Is it coincidence or has he done/practiced/tried this before? Just my thoughts based on mere speculation.
JMOX5
ETA link to article with sheriff statement and pic of JP with shaved head: https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jake-thomas-patterson-why-motive/

I am not. I’m just a sleuther that, for better or for worse, got wrapped up in her parents’ murder and her disappearance.

But I am proud of Jayme. Very, very proud. Denise and James raised her well. She is one special kid.

moo.

Piling on with more kudos for your profiling. WOW. Really. You obviously have a uncommon and keen knack for profiling- which by the way, isn't at all an inevitable result of following a case closely.

Whew, that took a lot of catching up.

Good job, Jayme. I’m proud of you. You are very special.

This is my post from thread 14 on this case. It’s my story and I’m sticking to it :)

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

moo.

I think everyone should go back and read that profile. It is stunningly accurate.

I think his previous employer stated he was ways high. I will try to find a link.

That is the brother.

While I can see why we & the media are interested in brother, I’m trying not to get too sidetracked by him & his record. Especially, as far as we know, as he lives out of state & has done for quite some time.

All news I've read states that the neighbors did not even know that Patterson was living at the house.

"Ronning said she didn't know Patterson was living in the house and hadn't seen Jayme around."

Neighbors: Jayme Closs' suspected kidnapper was 'different,' 'secretive'

Yet, another neighbor (I assume it was a different one) said people were coming in and out of the house. The houses were nestled in the woods; I guess one neighbor could see the house and the comings and goings, and to another, it looked uninhabited.

Can we not do this please? He was an adult who had sex with a young minor, and he was charged and convicted of it. We need to stop trivializing and making excuses for men who do this.
While I totally think that what his brother did is wrong, having consensual sex with someone 3 years younger than you is much different than what JP did. I don’t think there is a huge link between the two. JMO

I wonder if JP looked up to his brother and saw what he did as a positive example.

And given the lesser charges his brother received, JP probably thought it was okay. Again, don't know JP's psyche, but that dude is seriously disturbed in more ways than one as he killed 2 people to get to a girl.

Been trying to keep up with all the developments and good ideas over the past 48 hours. Still trying to piece together how the suspect ran across Jayme. Just a thought, but could the changing of Jayme’s school have anything to do with it? Can’t help but get the feeling this was in the planning/stalking stage for a long period of time, so maybe he picked up on Jayme back when her aunt was her caregiver? They could of had a very set routine that was easier for him to pick up on. Can’t remember what the previous school name was, but would the location of the school and the aunt’s house put the suspect any closer to Jayme during that time frame?

Could be we’re just not looking at Barron proper for how he ran across her.

So very happy she was found alive. Still pretty sad for her road ahead.

Yet, another neighbor (I assume it was a different one) said people were coming in and out of the house. The houses were nestled in the woods; I guess one neighbor could see the house and the comings and goings, and to another, it looked uninhabited.

I'm guessing there's a link for that?

Been trying to keep up with all the developments and good ideas over the past 48 hours. Still trying to piece together how the suspect ran across Jayme. Just a thought, but could the changing of Jayme’s school have anything to do with it? Can’t help but get the feeling this was in the planning/stalking stage for a long period of time, so maybe he picked up on Jayme back when her aunt was her caregiver? They could of had a very set routine that was easier for him to pick up on. Can’t remember what the previous school name was, but would the location of the school and the aunt’s house put the suspect any closer to Jayme during that time frame?

Could be we’re just not looking at Barron proper for how he ran across her.

So very happy she was found alive. Still pretty sad for her road ahead.

Cameron Middle of Cameron WI - it's just east of Barron. JP would have had a straighter shot to that middle school as well from Gordon WI, if my maps are correct.

I wonder if JP looked up to his brother and saw what he did as a positive example.

And given the lesser charges his brother received, JP probably thought it was okay. Again, don't know JP's psyche, but that dude is seriously disturbed in more ways than one as he killed 2 people to get to a girl.
I don't think the crime that JTP commited is a learned behavior. IMO, his brain is wired wrong and that's what caused this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks