Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sharing because I was searching for rules concerning posting info on family members of suspect before I made a boo boo. Thought I would share. PS: 1st time post using a quote so hope I did it correctly.
BBM
Words in quote also BBM for easy reference

Thank you. I've been wondering why EP is being discussed at all. He sounds like a bad guy (IMO) and police are investigating him, but he has not been named a suspect. And now people are playing telephone with his info and saying it pertains to JP.

I agree that this was likely his first crime (though I didn't think that when the news first broke!).

He reminds me of school shooters who commit a major crime as their first violent acts on such a big scale. I think he likely was into violent *advertiser censored* but didn't actually commit any crimes until he took Jayme. Speculation, of course, based on what we know now. We might learn more about him as we go on that will bring to light past sex offenses, but I'm not thinking that will happen. Perhaps bumbling and crude attempt to get a female's attention...but I think this was his first crime.

jmo

I agree about the violent *advertiser censored*/fantasies and add he is an incel that couldn't get a gf but felt he was entitled to one.

I think he was driving around looking for her, not just "casual driving away."
I absolutely think he was out looking for her. I also think he might very well have killed anyone with her had he found her. The woman who walked her to the other peoples home was in danger imo. I applaud her big time. She too is a true hero in my book.

Oh yes JC will need so much help and support to overcome this, and very long term help. While Shasta did get lots of support initially her teenage and early adult years are heartbreaking. Meth and heroin use, money issues, lost custody of her kids, very recently she seems to be on a better track and has regained custody and gotten married. Hopefully JC will fare much better.

JC comes from a vastly different family and socioeconomic background than poor Shasta. The Groene family had a long history of addiction issues long before the monster came into their lives.

I think JC's possible outcome is more likely to be closer to Elizabeth Smart's, even though she ostensibly saw her parents murdered and Elizabeth did not go through that.

I feel very hopeful for her. She has a super close and strong family, and community. It all seems pretty tight knit.

Absolutely, everyone will know him long before he even gets sentenced.

Also I read somewhere that he was possibly autistic, can't find it now. Has anyone else heard something similar? And IF that was the case does it affect sentencing in this sort of case in the USA?
I have not seen nor heard that anywhere.

Sheriff and school representative interview on Fox & Friends 1/12/2019
Starts at 17:40

21:54 - Sheriff says they are "not in any rush to examine any evidence"

Really? Is he new? I get giving Jayme time to readjust a bit, but fresh memories are the most accurate memories. SMDH JMO

That would be a best case scenario. A rapacious public does not need the details of what happened to this kid. No matter how "curious" people are. And talking about trauma to a jury isn't apparently "healing". Psychiatrist Bruce Perry wrote a great book about trauma in children and what kind of therapy works for them (talk therapy is terrible, he explains).

But I was surprised to read posts in the last thread stating that the DA often holds back sex abuse charges in such cases in order to spare the victim and to have something in their back pocket to charge the person with if they escape justice on the other charges -like murder and kidnapping.

I have never seen that.

He is going to be charged with everything he did that they have evidence of.
Is there such a thing as sealing particular charges? Is there no protection/privacy for minors in these types of cases? MOO

I’m reading mixed reports about the coming and going’s of the cabin. Some neighbors say they didn’t even know he lived there??? One neighbor said there were always people going in and out and implied there had been criminal activity/trouble making in the past there. But JP has no criminal history. If there was ever prior police presence, it must have been tied to the brother.

I wasn’t able to watch the pressers. Was there any indication by police about prior shenanigans at the cabin? Any clarification on whether the cabin had a lot of people visiting or not?

I thought I read "comings and goings" too, and Jayme told the neighbor that she was locked up when he "had people over". But, of course, now I can't find links.

I thought I read "comings and goings" too, and Jayme told the neighbor that she was locked up when he "had people over". But, of course, now I can't find links.

Jayme told the people who took her in after her escape that she would be hidden when he had people over or when he left. It's in their interviews.

Thank you. I've been wondering why EP is being discussed at all. He sounds like a bad guy (IMO) and police are investigating him, but he has not been named a suspect. And now people are playing telephone with his info and saying it pertains to JP.

I think it's a natural inclination to look at where he came from. Family history, his life growing up, what his friends and coworkers (possibly none in this case) say about him, etc. When a second family member is accused of a sexual crime, it's interesting. Whether it plays any role in this crime, I have no clue, but probably not.

JC comes from a vastly different family and socioeconomic background than poor Shasta. The Groene family had a long history of addiction issues long before the monster came into their lives.

I think JC's possible outcome is more likely to be closer to Elizabeth Smart's, even though she ostensibly saw her parents murdered and Elizabeth did not go through that.

I feel very hopeful for her. She has a super close and strong family, and community. It all seems pretty tight knit.
Poor darling wasn’t able to attend her parents’ funerals :(
I just thought of that. And she must have been so sad during Christmas :(
Her recovery will be extremely challenging because she has to overcome the loss of both of her parents as well as the trauma of being kidnapped - the act itself on that night- in addition to whatever she may have endured during those 88 days while held captive. I don’t know much about counseling and therapy or how successful it can or can’t be. But I’m assuming she will need the absolute best counselors in several fields including grief from loss of parents at a young age. I hope she didn’t witness their murders or their bodies because they would add to the ptsd. She absolutely seems like a strong young lady, but she will need ongoing prayers and support. May God continue to give Jayme strength.

My post, #1065 from yesterday’s thread was never answered. Assuming it got lost in the flurry
Here it is, edited:
I am a little confused as to how no one knew JTP was living there, given the accounts that say there were people in & out of the residence frequently? I do not have a link to those statements, I did read it here somewhere. If I am incorrect in anyway, please correct me :)MOO
Here is a link, where a neighbor says she had no idea JP was living there & she never saw Jayme
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2547549002
I find it curious that there would be frequent visitors, but no sighting of JP?

We're still waiting for a link that contradicts the neighbors' claim that they had no idea that Patterson was living there.

Is there such a thing as sealing particular charges? Is there no protection/privacy for minors in these types of cases? MOO

I guess it's a bit hard to get privacy when your on the front page of every news broadcast in the nation. I dont think there's any turning back from that.

That would be a best case scenario. A rapacious public does not need the details of what happened to this kid. No matter how "curious" people are. And talking about trauma to a jury isn't apparently "healing". Psychiatrist Bruce Perry wrote a great book about trauma in children and what kind of therapy works for them (talk therapy is terrible, he explains).

But I was surprised to read posts in the last thread stating that the DA often holds back sex abuse charges in such cases in order to spare the victim and to have something in their back pocket to charge the person with if they escape justice on the other charges -like murder and kidnapping.

I have never seen that.

He is going to be charged with everything he did that they have evidence of.
Elizabeth Smart went into great detail in her testimony - I think that is healing. IMO JC is no shrinking violet, she may want to make sure the jury hears it from her.

I wish we would stop putting the stigma of rape on the survivor - doing so is why so many females are apt not to report. Take back what was stolen, IMO.

Rape has not been mentioned in this case, that portion of my opinion is more a comment on OP's post.

Her recovery will be extremely challenging because she has to overcome the loss of both of her parents as well as the trauma of being kidnapped - the act itself on that night- in addition to whatever she may have endured during those 88 days while held captive. I don’t know much about counseling and therapy or how successful it can or can’t be. But I’m assuming she will need the absolute best counselors in several fields including grief from loss of parents at a young age. I hope she didn’t witness their murders or their bodies because they would add to the ptsd. She absolutely seems like a strong young lady, but she will need ongoing prayers and support. May God continue to give Jayme strength.

Sadly, I think she did see it because she told the woman who found her that JP had killed them.

I think it's a natural inclination to look at where he came from. Family history, his life growing up, what his friends and coworkers (possibly none in this case) say about him, etc. When a second family member is accused of a sexual crime, it's interesting. Whether it plays any role in this crime, I have no clue, but probably not.

I agree but it's against TOS, is it not? The post I quoted explicitly states that.

We're still waiting for a link that contradicts the neighbors' claim that they had no idea that Patterson was living there.
Thank you, I tried editing my post right after I posted it because someone just asked a similar question lol :oops: Jayme’s threads are moving so fast:) MOO

I read somewhere they recorded the funeral for her in the event she were found.

I still can't help but feel that something is missing in all this. Where did this guy have visual access to Jayme on a regular basis ? You don't just see a kid once, decide you have to have her, and that the best way to get her is to blast your way into her home, mowing down 2 other people in the process. I'm just not buying that, sorry.

But that's what happened with the Groene's. What's his face was driving by and saw Shasta and her either playing outside in bathing suits. He came back later at night with night vision glasses and attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member