Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
CE had so many markings on his SM:

In addition to the stark resemblance to both the photo and sketch (yes half of the men in uSA resemble BG it seems) including the “bulbous nose”, his Interest in military, guns, hunting, fishing, child molestation of a 13 year old female, compleeeeeete obsession with MP cases and kids’ Amber Alerts, obsession with posting fugitive’s Wanted Posters and articles, trucker and bail bondsman references which were interesting, bloody photos of weapons...

Yes his eyes were blue but there are things about that which I’m not sure is a 100 percent for a few reasons, moo.

If he’s not BG who the heck is? I can only imagine someone worse if there is such a thing.

Last edited:
@margarita25 My worry is that the perpetrator is connected to other missing children or killings in Indiana or outside. For the lack of evidence (at least from what police have told us) it seems like he's well versed in making sure he isn't caught. Kind of like how I doubt Jake Thomas Patterson hasn't committed any crimes before abducting Jayme.
Edit: Also, can someone let me know if we're allowed to use full names or not? I keep seeing initials that I don't understand...

@margarita25 My worry is that the perpetrator is connected to other missing children or killings in Indiana or outside. For the lack of evidence (at least from what police have told us) it seems like he's well versed in making sure he isn't caught. Kind of like how I doubt Jake Thomas Patterson hasn't committed any crimes before abducting Jayme.
Edit: Also, can someone let me know if we're allowed to use full names or not? I keep seeing initials that I don't understand...

Indeed.

They sure ruled CE out and issued a statement quickly...

I wonder how they ruled him out? DNA? Alibi? Both?

Honestly, I wouldn't say a statement to a radio station about it makes him "ruled out." He's just "not a suspect at this time." JMO.....

ETA: And it also wasn't even a quote from a particular person.

Honestly, I wouldn't say a statement to a radio station about it makes him "ruled out." He's just "not a suspect at this time." JMO.....

ETA: And it also wasn't even a quote from a particular person.

I’m not understanding the distinction? This sounds to me like they’ve ruled him out:

“The mug shot of the molester closely resembles a police sketch of the Delphi suspect, but the statement indicates there is zero evidence connecting him to the murders.”

Please explain, thanks! :)

ETA: I just saw your “eta”, I’ll look into this further.

—-

Thinking about this further, it would be nice to see a statement from ISP officially using the term “ruled out”.

ETA: idk, “not a suspect” seems pretty clear wordage. Don’t get my hopes up again lol!

—-

I just remembered, can’t we “tweet” questions to ISP?

This would be my question, clear:

“Has Charles Eldridge officially been completely ruled out and cleared as a suspect?”

Last edited:
I’m not understanding the distinction? This sounds to me like they’ve ruled him out:

“The mug shot of the molester closely resembles a police sketch of the Delphi suspect, but the statement indicates there is zero evidence connecting him to the murders.”

Please explain, thanks! :)

ETA: I just saw your “eta”, I’ll look into this further.

—-

Thinking about this further, it would be nice to see a statement from ISP officially using the term “ruled out”.

ETA: idk, “not a suspect” seems pretty clear wordage. Don’t get my hopes up again lol!

—-

I just remembered, can’t we “tweet” questions to ISP?

I'd be a lot more convinced if it said "there is evidence to prove he can't possible be involved."

"No evidence that he's the perp" isn't the same as "There's evidence that he's not the perp."

JMO! :)

I'd be a lot more convinced if it said "there is evidence to prove he can't possible be involved."

"No evidence that he's the perp" isn't the same as "There's evidence that he's not the perp."

JMO! :)

(Scratching my head heeheee, need more coffee)

—-
ETA: I’m reminded of when MJK was “ruled out” in L and L’s case, I was even more surprised there, still bugs me actually...

Last edited:
CE had so many markings on his SM:

In addition to the stark resemblance to both the photo and sketch (yes half of the men in uSA resemble BG it seems) including the “bulbous nose”, his Interest in military, guns, hunting, fishing, child molestation of a 13 year old female, compleeeeeete obsession with MP cases and kids’ Amber Alerts, obsession with posting fugitive’s Wanted Posters and articles, trucker and bail bondsman references which were interesting, bloody photos of weapons...

Yes his eyes were blue but there are things about that which I’m not sure is a 100 percent for a few reasons, moo.

If he’s not BG who the heck is? I can only imagine someone worse if there is such a thing.

In addition to the observation that the BG sketch resembles many men in the midwest (and certainly elsewhere), I wouldn't be surprised if many of the traits and SM activity you pointed out can be found in common with many men, or at least observed in the SM of a number of other "not-BGs" out there. I'm not including the molestation part, but other interests you list. On the other hand, I think it's possible that the "real" BG doesn't share any of the interests or SM profiles you listed. IMO

In addition to the observation that the BG sketch resembles many men in the midwest (and certainly elsewhere), I wouldn't be surprised if many of the traits and SM activity you pointed out can be found in common with many men, or at least observed in the SM of a number of other "not-BGs" out there. I'm not including the molestation part, but other interests you list. On the other hand, I think it's possible that the "real" BG doesn't share any of the interests or SM profiles you listed. IMO

Indeed, especially the hunting, fishing etc...but bloody pics of weapons and all those kids posters and MP and Fugitive posters? As one obsessed myself, I know the effort it takes to keep up with those daily, and considering the molestation charges...

I am just joining this case discussion, so forgive me if I ask a dumb, or already asked question or two.

Has there been any reports of the guy caught out of state in the park, DN, ruling him out?

Is there dna evidence that can be ran thru the genealogy sites? How long does that process take?

I am just joining this case discussion, so forgive me if I ask a dumb, or already asked question or two.

Has there been any reports of the guy caught out of state in the park, DN, ruling him out?

Is there dna evidence that can be ran thru the genealogy sites? How long does that process take?

DN was ruled out a long time ago.

As far as DNA, we don't really know. One of the girls' mothers posted on her Facebook page in the beginning that there was DNA, but LE has never said one way or another. If they have DNA, I would imagine they are using all resources available to them, including familial DNA.

I don't know how long that takes, but does anyone know if they'd have to keep doing it/checking if they don't get hits the first time? (I mean since new people are doing these tests every day.....I have one in my house waiting for me to do it and mail it off). And, would they have to check it against ALL the companies out there (i.e. Ancestry DNA, 23 & Me, etc.)?

Welcomer howcanppldosuch :)

Ok, I jumped out of bed to come here with this thought I literally was stewing over on in my sleep it seems. I think I might understand your train of thought a little better today @TTF14.

First thing of note, Randolph Co is not the lead agency on this. As I mentioned they sure commented quite quickly saying “there is no evidence”, meaning perhaps there is still stuff being investigated with CE as we speak. We know these things often take time. I see what you mean, as imo this could be interpreted to possibly include “so far” or “at this time”.

Currently having no evidence is much different that using the words “excluded” or “ruled out” as a suspect. Until I hear this from ISP I’m going to remain hopeful (or am I just setting myself up for disappointment again, which is fine. I’m disappointed anyway lol).

But thinking about other cases, LE WILL use the term “ruled out” (MJK for example), or at least as ISP said with DN “we have no further interest in DN” (or whatever they said).

I’m hoping for an official comment from ISP. Who knows if they’ll even make one, they may not. Unless something suddenly breaks.

Jmo.

I don't like the "not blue eyes" thing. Anyone can wear colored contacts. You don't even need a prescription to get them. IMO

IIRC the “not blue eyes” was mentioned in a media report very early on when the sketch was first released.

But the FBI posters all now indicate “eye colour is unknown”.

BBM
DETAILS
On February 13, 2017, Liberty German, age 14, and Abigail Williams, age 13, were hiking on the Delphi Historic Trail near the Monon High Bridge just east of Delphi in Carroll County, Indiana. Liberty and Abigail were reported missing to police after their parents were unable to locate them at the pick-up location. Volunteers subsequently discovered the girls’ bodies in the woods east of Delphi in Carroll County, Indiana, on February 14, 2017.
Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the aforementioned person is suspected of being involved in the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.

SUSPECTS
The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish- brown hair. His eye color is unknown. The sketch includes a hat that the suspect may or may not wear.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

“The information was sent to the FBI. Investigators said it’s too early to link Eldridge to the Delphi murders, according to WTHR. Officials did, however, say they investigate every lead.“

Recent arrest draws comparison to sketch of suspect in murder of 2 Indiana girls

—-

“Richmond radio station Kicks 96 reports Eldridge's case has ben forward to the FBI, but investigators say it's too early to make a connection and are not calling Eldridge a person of interest. They only say they investigate all leads that come to them, reminding people they've had nearly a half-dozen individuals reported to them based on resemblance.“

Randolph Co. sexual abuse suspect draws comparisons to Delphi murderer

—-

“NBC reports that while the FBI and state police are looking into the matter, they indicated it’s too soon to tell whether Eldridge should be considered a suspect in the girls’ murders. At this time, authorities are not even calling Eldridge a person of interest.“

Delphi Murders: Uncanny resemblance of man facing child molestation charges to Delphi killer sketch grabs FBI interest [Report]

—-

“WTHR-TV reported law-enforcement officials are looking into the new Eldridge lead but were careful to note he has not been named a person of interest in the Delphi murders.

Whether or not Eldridge is eventually linked to the girls' deaths, authorities are thankful he was caught before he could potentially do harm to more kids in the Union City area.”

Alleged Child Molester Draws FBI's Attention For Resemblance To Delphi Snapchat Killer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member