ME ME - Cathy Moulton, 16, Portland, 24 Sept 1971

I know but she matches the description of Cathy and it was said that Cathy likely died in Canada according to the book written on Cathy’s case.

Cathy has been compared to quite a lot of Jane does so it still could be a possibility.

I can't answer the first question, only Cathy could if that's what happened.

For the second question, the Maine woods are vast, 90 % of our state is forest and its easy to get lost or not be able to retrace your steps. I've driven on backwoods roads before (there's a network of them between here and Canada owned by the paper companies) and couldn't find my way back out of them. If it weren't for following the telephone poles I'd have gotten lost for sure, and this was in a vehicle! It was the same maze of roads friends of mine from Jersey got lost in for 3 days. It's just as easy to get lost/turned around on foot. I'm not surprised the hunter couldn't lead authorities back to where he saw them. That's entirely possible unless they were spotted near something of note, like a tote road or natural formation.
Hiker who went missing on Appalachian trail survived 26 days before dying
ETA: I know getting lost in the woods is not the same as not being able to find a place you found in the woods, I'm just trying to point out how difficult it might be, based on experience
I guess in my first q I meant that as a statement. I meant it doesn’t seem like that’s true, unless they forced her to go.
About the woods - Got ya, that does make sense. Just so sad that he couldn’t remember and give closure :(

I know but she matches the description of Cathy and it was said that Cathy likely died in Canada according to the book written on Cathy’s case.

Did they say what part of Canada she could have died in? I ask because Maine shares a huge border with Canada, so if she did die there, it would most likely be the closer Eastern provinces we share a border with, like New Brunswick or Quebec.

I wonder how long after Cathy went missing did the driver who allegedly gave her a ride moved to FL?

https://www.amazon.ca/Cathy-Moulton-Missing-Endangered-Kevin-ebook/dp/B01KS9MNMK
51g58pcyJsL.jpg

"The search and investigation for sixteen year old Cathy Marie Moulton ultimately spans more than forty years. Follow along while cold case police detectives from Portland, Maine re-open the investigation twenty-five years after Cathy Moulton disappears seemingly into thin air.

State detectives and federal criminal investigators in the United States and Canada collaborate and methodically follow-up on old leads and develop many new ones; from Nova Scotia to British Columbia, Canada and Maine to Florida to California in the United States. Investigators are methodical in their effort to determine how and why Cathy Marie Moulton disappeared from Maine’s largest city on September 24, 1971."

Although at a glance they do not look alike, this uid female comes to mind.
CANADA - Canada - Eramosa Twp, Ont, WhtFem 550UFON, 25-45, off Hwy 7, Aug'05
Rockwood Jane Doe remains unidentified 13 years later
"On Aug. 28, 2005, the remains of a white female, approximately 25 to 45 years of age, were found in a wooded area at a picnic and rest area on Highway 7 between Rockwood and Guelph."
The woman was five-foot-six, weighed approximately 130 pounds and had light brown hair.

“The autopsy revealed that she had no recent injuries but had experienced a broken left cheek, nose and left eye socket some time in her past. These injuries had since healed,” a news release, issued by Wellington County OPP, adds.

“As a result of these injuries, the deceased lost two upper teeth on the left front and wore a two-tooth, partial plate. These injuries would have left her with a visible facial deformity.”
"Police say the clothing she was wearing at the time had been purchased in Montreal."

Although at a glance they do not look alike, this uid female comes to mind.
CANADA - Canada - Eramosa Twp, Ont, WhtFem 550UFON, 25-45, off Hwy 7, Aug'05
Rockwood Jane Doe remains unidentified 13 years later
"On Aug. 28, 2005, the remains of a white female, approximately 25 to 45 years of age, were found in a wooded area at a picnic and rest area on Highway 7 between Rockwood and Guelph."
The woman was five-foot-six, weighed approximately 130 pounds and had light brown hair.

“The autopsy revealed that she had no recent injuries but had experienced a broken left cheek, nose and left eye socket some time in her past. These injuries had since healed,” a news release, issued by Wellington County OPP, adds.

“As a result of these injuries, the deceased lost two upper teeth on the left front and wore a two-tooth, partial plate. These injuries would have left her with a visible facial deformity.”
"Police say the clothing she was wearing at the time had been purchased in Montreal."
I think somewhere on the book it mentioned that Cathy got cloths from Montreal. Maybe she got them in The mail but I do remember this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back