Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting. Good student / teacher ratio but not doing well on the testing.

My daughter’s inlaws have a lake home ( they call it cabin but it iw a lovely home but not the millionaire lake homes that are in the area) and I was there once 25 years ago, Beautiful area that has really been developed with cabins.

I imagine the kids are spread out far from each other. I would think with such small class sizes that friendships that are deep and lasting would be made over the years.

It sounds like he is an unknown entity. No stories of fun times with him from classmates,

All of those years and nothing to be said about him?

I read so many articles last night and don’t remember which one it was in but the teacher who had Jayme in her house said that Jayme told them that JP told her he was leaving and would be back around midnight. Jayme took that opportunity to escape. I think it’s very interesting that he was apprehended so quickly after that. Makes me wonder if he was on his way to somewhere or if he was just testing her. The same article said they all moved into the basement until police arrived.
Did anyone else see this article for a link-if not I will try to find again
I don't know about that article, but the one that PommyMommy just posted says those neighbors grabbed their guns immediately. I believe the husband is a former police officer. Talk about stumbling on just the right set of people to help you!

At a guess i would say that his parents have been funding him. They left the house to him and his brother and they could well pay him an allowance every month, maybe even send him cash? This would allow him to live his very easy lifestyle quite comfortably i would think.

I’m jumping off your post, not necessarily directly replying to it.

I don’t personally think his parents have been funding him (or giving him an allowance), other than one of them owning a property in which he was living/staying/using & from which JC escaped.

Going slightly OT:

I can think of all sorts of not necessarily nefarious ways in which JTP could have enough income/cash-in-hand without being officially employed, and without him receiving whatever sorts of government benefits/welfare/disability.

Perhaps it’s because I grew up rural (and fairly poor), or because as an adult I’ve lived and worked in rural/isolated areas similar to Gordon, but how he funded his life is peripheral curiosity to me compared to the rest of the case.

I know many people who eek out a living working odd jobs, “under the table”, or buying/selling/stripping vehicles & parts, or... I could continue but I think readers will get my drift.

I read so many articles last night and don’t remember which one it was in but the teacher who had Jayme in her house said that Jayme told them that JP told her he was leaving and would be back around midnight. Jayme took that opportunity to escape. I think it’s very interesting that he was apprehended so quickly after that. Makes me wonder if he was on his way to somewhere or if he was just testing her. The same article said they all moved into the basement until police arrived.
Did anyone else see this article for a link-if not I will try to find again
I did read, somewhere that Jayme told them he had left, but he would be back at midnight. I had the feeling when I read it that it was something that was reoccurring. Like he did that often, not that he specifically told her he would be back at midnight. That was my interpretation, so I could be totally wrong.

I don't know about that article, but the one that PommyMommy just posted says those neighbors grabbed their guns immediately. I believe the husband is a former police officer. Talk about stumbling on just the right set of people to help you!

Thank you for posting this info. I was wondering if the neighbors were afraid JP would come their way. So they grabbed their guns! I knew the husband was a retired police officer. He must have been stunned.

You are right she stumbled onto the right people for help. Better late than never. I am so glad she is alive.

Yesterday, I speculated about him potentially enlisting because of a comment on that Facebook photo of him, his mom, and sister.

He may have enlisted and never shipped off to boot camp. If he had actually served, we would probably know by now.

Jake Thomas Patterson: Jayme Closs suspect was quiet student who hoped to join Marines
If he enlisted there is no turning back is there unless the military dismisses you?? I am curious because I thought it was a done deal once you enlist unless a medical problem is found.

I certainly see your point and respect it greatly. Even if true none of us aware of any detail that may have transpired.

While shielding victims is a wonderful gesture every victim is not the same.

I feel Jayme is much stronger than we may think. She reminds of Elizabeth Smart in many ways. Elizabeth always knew she had nothing to be ashamed of for what happened to her was none of her fault. She didnt cower at all when testifying about every graphic detail of what they did to her. She told the police everything.

It empowered her knowing in the end her goodness would overcome evil resulting in her receiving the justice she knew she deserved. She knew no one else could tell what she had gone through. Telling her story on the stand only made her stronger....not more fragile. Shasta too wanted to testify to everything Duncan had done.

I think Jayme will also show the same courage and will tell the investigators every tiny detail without hesitation.

If there is a trial she will step up to the witness stand...raise her right hand..sit down and will go through everything no matter how difficult it may be.

She knows she is the only one who can testify against this monster and expose all that he has done.

She wants justice for what she had to endure and will also go into great detail about what happened when he killed the two people she loved more than anyone.

I saw a trial one time years ago where a 5 year old girl testified. All you could see was her feet which she swung back and forth. But she sat up there and told how her mother had been raped and then murdered when the suspect cut her mom's throat but he also raped her and cut her throat too leaving her to die but miraculously she lived. I have never forgotten her courage. Her voice although soft was strong. She came there to get justice for her mom and for what he had also done to her and she did.

Children are more courageous and resilient than we may think. Being able to speak about it often can be healing for some abused victims.

Imo
Very good post Oceanblueeyes.

Last edited:
Weird, it’s not letting me include quote.

Does this link above include something about JP?

If he drove by when she was first speaking to the woman with the dog, he probably would have killed the woman and taken Jayme once again. JMO
Do we know if he had a gun with him in the car? I don’t recall any mention of a gun, other than the couple that LE found in the house.

If he enlisted there is no turning back is there unless the military dismisses you?? I am curious because I thought it was a done deal once you enlist unless a medical problem is found.
Nope. You can sign the paperwork and change your mind, or they can cancel your contract at any point prior to you signing the final paperwork on the day you ship out.

Once you reach boot camp, there is a period of time during processing, in which you can confess to any lies you told when you enlisted.

At this point, you are likely to be sent home, depending on the seriousness of your lies.

Once boot camp officially starts, you can be kicked out for any number of reasons, from medical issues (especially previously unreported ones), and for “failure to adapt.”

I think he may have enlisted, but never shipped out. Or when he shipped out, he didn’t last long.

I don’t think he served.

Thank you for posting this info. I was wondering if the neighbors were afraid JP would come their way. So they grabbed their guns! I knew the husband was a retired police officer. He must have been stunned.

You are right she stumbled onto the right people for help. Better late than never. I am so glad she is alive.
It's kind of scary, really - what if that lunatic had shown up before dog walk lady had reached the neighbor house with Jayme? I shudder to think.

Here you go. Sheriff: Closs ‘targeted’ by 21-year-old suspect with no... Jayme told Nutter that Patterson was gone in his red car and was expected to be back around midnight, though she wasn’t certain when he would return. The call log states that Jayme told the woman Patterson didn’t work, used to be in the military and “turns the radio up and sometimes has people come over while he is gone.”

View attachment 163915 View attachment 163916

The isolated woodland home where kidnap victim Jayme Closs, 13, was held captive as new family photos show her settling into life with her aunt and dogs and flashing 'big smiles'

Pictured: The home where kidnap victim Jayme Closs, 13, was held captive for 88 days | Daily Mail Online

I’m so glad Jayme has her family and furry friends around to provide comfort.

Those are a lot of cars. What’s that all about?

Mollie looks miffed that Jayme is holding the other dog. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members