Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think it was part of his turn on.
Imo he must be psychotic and maybe delusional.
Of course he knew right from wrong because he went to great lengths not to get caught.
Oh. I never even thought that. I thought the parents were a barrier to the fantasy, but didn't consider they might have been part of it. Ugh.

LE spent more time than expected searching his house...wonder if that is because the found a bunch of stuff to process or because they couldn't find incriminating evidence (other than evidence of Jayme having been there, of course).

jmo

I certainly don't want to 'bash' this lovely family. I think they are amazing and have been doing a wonderful job and are a Godsend for Jayme now.

However, I do hope they take a step back now for awhile, and let her have some privacy and some shelter. I was thrilled to see that first picture, and it was nice to see the next couple, but then I began feeling uncomfortable for her. She has not had any time to process this nightmare nor time to properly grieve her parent's deaths and the loss of her childhood.

I spent many years working with other survivors of childhood abuse. And when we finally come to the place where we allow ourselves to remember it, process it, grieve it, accept it and move forward, it is a messy, emotional laden journey. It is not something we feel like doing in public. It is an emotional, personal, private inner struggle.

I want her to have the space to do that. Recovery takes time and energy and a safe secure private space. I hope she can get with some experienced professionals who can help her with all of that. They would probably suggest to the family that they no longer, for the time being, publicly post pictures of her in the home, etc. Let her have some privacy for now. She does not need to feel like all eyes are on her, and the masses are focused on her. It is just too much when she has so many other painful things she will be working through. JMO

I feel like it's more in a sense lust rather than love. I keep going back to incels when thinking of JTP. They have a deep hatred towards women and are controlled by lust in their hopes to have this fantasy. They don't understand what love truly is, they think of more of the intimate/sexual side rather than the emotional connection. I hope that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense, I agree.

My feeling is that he didn’t go to those lengths, but there definitely was a degree of planning here.

The crime was so violent and brazen, that I see a level of disorganization there.

He’s lucky he didn’t get caught.

He probably thinks he’s smart, but they all do.

It’s possible that Jayme was able to pull the wool over his eyes, but that’s a level of sophistication that is more common in people who are older than her.

She still nailed his *advertiser censored* though.
BBM
She sure did! Love it!

I certainly don't want to 'bash' this lovely family. I think they are amazing and have been doing a wonderful job and are a Godsend for Jayme now.

However, I do hope they take a step back now for awhile, and let her have some privacy and some shelter. I was thrilled to see that first picture, and it was nice to see the next couple, but then I began feeling uncomfortable for her. She has not had any time to process this nightmare nor time to properly grieve her parent's deaths and the loss of her childhood.

I spent many years working with other survivors of childhood abuse. And when we finally come to the place where we allow ourselves to remember it, process it, grieve it, accept it and move forward, it is a messy, emotional laden journey. It is not something we feel like doing in public. It is an emotional, personal, private inner struggle.

I want her to have the space to do that. Recovery takes time and energy and a safe secure private space. I hope she can get with some experienced professionals who can help her with all of that. They would probably suggest to the family that they no longer, for the time being, publicly post pictures of her in the home, etc. Let her have some privacy for now. She does not need to feel like all eyes are on her, and the masses are focused on her. It is just too much when she has so many other painful things she will be working through. JMO

Excellent post.

I was always glad to have an office to myself, with a door that I could close, so I could cry in private and get the emotions out.

Grief from these experiences hits one at the weirdest times--I thought I was done with the process, but that's not how it works.

I suspect (ONLY suspect) that Jayme might go down a similar path with her healing.

I think this loving Family will do right by her. They are trying to navigate thru all of this themselves. They have had so much as of late. Funerals, Holidays and all the while worrying about Jayme. Professionals will guide them thru. It's all so fresh for all.

She should've gotten all this attention when she was missing! But yeah, leave them alone now.

My feeling is that he didn’t go to those lengths, but there definitely was a degree of planning here.

The crime was so violent and brazen, that I see a level of disorganization there.

He’s lucky he didn’t get caught.

He probably thinks he’s smart, but they all do.

It’s possible that Jayme was able to pull the wool over his eyes, but that’s a level of sophistication that is more common in people who are older than her.

She still nailed his *advertiser censored* though.

With 3 people he wanted 2 dead with certainty it feels like... and I disagree.

I think he catfished jayme... or hacked her phone through snap or app and was viewing the camera a lot. It’s not hard if he can get logins...

I just think he starts with loud shotgun to the door and kills James in 15/30
Seconds ... then Denise.. I don’t think he’s risking all that without 100 percent certainty that jaymes there after the murders... she’s at a sleepover hed have to kill next family to get her... I think he knew..
Tracking jaymes phone , hacking her front : rear cameras or something... he evidently had some free time... if he’s shaving body to avoid evidence I don’t see him saying hope she’s home before events unfold.

Oh. I never even thought that. I thought the parents were a barrier to the fantasy, but didn't consider they might have been part of it. Ugh.

LE spent more time than expected searching his house...wonder if that is because the found a bunch of stuff to process or because they couldn't find incriminating evidence (other than evidence of Jayme having been there, of course).

jmo
I could go either way here (killing the parents being part of the fantasy).

It’s entirely possible that he saw it as a necessary part of his fantasy, and he got enjoyment from it.

It’s also possible that this was practical.

This guy is a creepy weirdo, someone incapable of using charm in order to achieve his goal (getting Jayme).

He’s probably not someone who could trick a victim into going with him willingly.

He just doesn’t have the social skills to pull that off.

He would instead use force to achieve this end. Which he did.

Excellent post.

I was always glad to have an office to myself, with a door that I could close, so I could cry in private and get the emotions out.

Grief from these experiences hits one at the weirdest times--I thought I was done with the process, but that's not how it works.

I suspect (ONLY suspect) that Jayme might go down a similar path with her healing.
Totally agree. Anyone that has ever had a traumatic life altering event happen to them is never the same again, and sometimes a few steps forward can turn out to be a few steps backward again, and it truly is an emotional rollercoaster ongoingly.
But in time we learn to live around it even though the scars are always just below the surface, IMO.

I could go either way here (killing the parents being part of the fantasy).

It’s entirely possible that he saw it as a necessary part of his fantasy, and he got enjoyment from it.

It’s also possible that this was practical.

This guy is a creepy weirdo, someone incapable of using charm in order to achieve his goal (getting Jayme).

He’s probably not someone who could trick a victim into going with him willingly.

He just doesn’t have the social skills to pull that off.

He would instead use force to achieve this end. Which he did.
He isn't readily found on SM....so are people thinking he wasn't on social media or that he hid his identity. I'm thinking he was active online - perhaps not on FB, IG, etc. but on gaming sites (which I know nothing about, but am assuming there is interaction beyond just playing a game, but IDK), maybe niche message boards.

jmo

With 3 people he wanted 2 dead with certainty it feels like... and I disagree.

I think he catfished jayme... or hacked her phone through snap or app and was viewing the camera a lot. It’s not hard if he can get logins...

I just think he starts with loud shotgun to the door and kills James in 15/30
Seconds ... then Denise.. I don’t think he’s risking all that without 100 percent certainty that jaymes there after the murders... she’s at a sleepover hed have to kill next family to get her... I think he knew..
Tracking jaymes phone , hacking her front : rear cameras or something... he evidently had some free time... if he’s shaving body to avoid evidence I don’t see him saying hope she’s home before events unfold.
BBM, I would like to know from him how he came to even know Jayme existed in the first place? Seeing as he lived quite a ways from where she did.

He isn't readily found on SM....so are people thinking he wasn't on social media or that he hid his identity. I'm thinking he was active online - perhaps not on FB, IG, etc. but on gaming sites (which I know nothing about, but am assuming there is interaction beyond just playing a game, but IDK), maybe niche message boards.

jmo
But if he was on social media how would he know about Jayme whom from what we are told wasn't?

jmo
I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t have any social media.

The “social” part, ain’t him.

I’d bet that he is a gamer though.

Idk, since he has no criminal record. They might think this would be just too over the top for him.
I also wonder or maybe even think he more than likely has a juvenile record that would be sealed. I also wonder if he abused the family pets, if they had any. I mean, there had to be signs that he had psycho tendencies, don't you think?
I’ve had plenty of talks with my daughter/step daughter and their friends 15/16 years old about this. I tell them that they always need to be aware of their surroundings and there is coo-cooness everywhere. Evil has no jurisdiction.
Nuttiness everywhere.
Flip side, there are great people everywhere too.
I also agree that anything sexual should be sealed info. Moo. If whatever Jayme would like reveled when she is at an age to be cognizant/mature enough to make a decision to share anything, that’s up to her.
My own opinion.
She has a battle ahead with this along with the normal battles every teenager faces in life.
God bless Jayme!

I think this loving Family will do right by her. They are trying to navigate thru all of this themselves. They have had so much as of late. Funerals, Holidays and all the while worrying about Jayme. Professionals will guide them thru. It's all so fresh for all.

Oh, I agree. They want to do right by her and they love her very much. I just worry when I read that the school is having a massive 'Celebration' for her, and the entire town is in festive green, and the family posts 'smiley' pictures off her, and talks about how 'well' she is doing. Because she is not really going to feel like celebrating and will not feel like smiling much of the time for awhile. There is a lot of pain, sorrow, fear, grief, anger, terror, repulsion, buried just below the surface. And the family does not have the professional experience to understand how to help her through that. JMO

jmo
Yeah this guy clearly had too much time time on his hands. There has to be a footprint somewhere....

Yeah this guy clearly had too much time time on his hands. There has to be a footprint somewhere....
They are searching his devices. I’m sure they’ll find a lot of stuff that will shed some light on this.

I’m also willing to bet that they’ll find some stuff that they wish they didn’t.

Or atleast wish they could unsee.

We’re dealing with a pretty disturbed guy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member