Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if he was trolling for young girls? I know that girls her age play things like that karaoke group app, and that 'tell me a secret' type thing. My daughter told me that she was hanging out with her friends 10 yr old sister, who was playing on some 'my music' game app, where total strangers were able to come on and speak to this 210 yr old about her music. Freaked my daughter out. I will have to ask her the name of that app again. She said it was A total Freak Magnet and seemed dangerous.
It’s entirely possible, and if so, I’m sure they’ll get to the bottom of it soon.

A medical resident named Anthony Garcia, carried out a series of revenge attacks against former faculty members.

In one attack, he killed an 11 year old boy, and a housekeeper, who happened to be in the home at the time.

Law enforcement did a deep dive into his (the boy’s) gaming system, including interviewing people he had played with.

Ultimately it turned up nothing, but if she played games, I’m confident they would have explored that angle.

Agreed. I know lots of girls my age (13-18) in my area add their school, graduation year, and full name in their profiles on Insta or possibly Facebook, so those are the only places JTP could focus in on a teenager in his area. Take one look at the gaming community and everyone has unrelated usernames + is well versed on how to manage creeps.

Wouldn’t there be a digital trail of communication while gaming?

Agreed. I know lots of girls my age (13-18) in my area add their school, graduation year, and full name in their profiles on Insta or possibly Facebook, so those are the only places JTP could focus in on a teenager in his area. Take one look at the gaming community and everyone has unrelated usernames + is well versed on how to manage creeps.

Kia, it is good to hear from younger people here. Thank you.

What are the games that a 13 yr old girl might play, that have a chat forum capability?

It might be easier for Jayme to reaclimate living in a small town. People know and care about each other in small towns. I just hope Jayme is able to take the initiative to ask for what she needs. If she can do that, she will be able to come to terms with all that has happened and move forward.

I'm not suggesting he communicated with Jayme on SM....just wondering about his online life in general.

Sorry I wasn't clear, though I thought I was. :)
No problem it's probably me LOL, and yes that is a good question and will be interesting if we find out what kind of online presence he did have if any? I would think a 21 year old would have though these days.

Another article with some "new" content I haven't seen. I especially liked the part regarding Jayme reuniting with family. Sweet. Snipped by me; link at bottom.

"Saturday afternoon, the day after seeing the 13-year-old granddaughter he feared might be gone forever, Robert “Grandpa Red” Naiberg pulled a green ribbon off the mailbox in front of his house in Cornell, not far from Barron.

Earlier, he had taken the “Bring” off a sign that used to read: “Bring Jayme Home.”

After spending three months worrying about her — bringing back an ulcer, he said — Naiberg could rest easy. Finally, he knew his granddaughter was safe.

He saw the girl the night before when family gathered at Jayme’s aunt and uncle’s home to shower her with love.

They saw the bedroom that had been newly refurnished and decorated for her. They saw her dog, Molly, nestle into her arms.

They saw her smile and even laugh.

“I was happily surprised,” said her cousin Robie Smith. “She seemed happy, obviously, to be around family.”

They were careful not to push Jayme for details of what she’d endured, or exactly how she had escaped. There will be plenty of time when Jayme is ready.

“We don’t know a whole lot,” Naiberg said. “Nobody’s pressing her.”

But they do know they are proud of the strength their petite girl has shown. They knew she had it in her.

“She’s the one that deserves the reward,” Naiberg said. “I’m proud of her for doing it. Very proud. It took some spunk for her to do it.”

Naiberg expects Jayme to visit him soon. He’ll give her the Christmas present that he bought for her, purchased with the conviction that she would come home."

Chance encounter on a back road cracked the Jayme Closs case

Last edited:
Kia, it is good to hear from younger people here. Thank you.

What are the games that a 13 yr old girl might play, that have a chat forum capability?
Not sure, I used to go on karaoke and music video apps like @MassGuy mentioned, but nowadays there's Tik Tok and Musically. All of these apps have mass amounts of creeps who know how to manipulate young girls, and I know that if I didn't have older friends online I probably would have fell for it at 13. Any game on Steam has chatting capabilities, I made some friends on there and we were all Jayme's age. Nowadays probably Fortnite or PUBG.
Jayme doesn't seem like someone who would play online games but I could be wrong.

From one who knows what abduction, separation from every part of life ever known, and constant torture and fear of death feels like, yes, it has a large potential for adding to the trauma already present, whether she absolutely wanted to go on national TV or not today.

Self- doubt ( Did I do all I could?) and sometimes, residual fear, and the many flashbacks to the traumas do cause survivors to re-think allowing their face and name to be put on national media after they are safe.

I went to extraordinary lengths to have the person who stalked, abducted and tortured me tried in what I can only describe as a " special court of law" for MY privacy's sake. He thought it would " benefit" him, but nope, backfired like a 65 Chevy Nova. :) His career history made the venue possible.

The state attorney general presided over the prosecution and was the person who slightly prepared me for what was to come, and then questioned me, the major witness, and he also questioned the loser defendant for hours every day.

In any other person's circumstances, I'd call it " transcendent", the way the AG and I worked together in sync. I was scared and angry, but I set all those emotions aside and I apparently did well because he ( the state AG at the time) told me I was the best witness he'd ever had in all his law career. That's when I broke down, literally. He wrapped his arms around me and somehow got me to a quiet place.

OMG, I am thinking of parts I haven't thought of in many years. I hope Jayme doesn't have to go through this. I hope with all my heart it can be prevented for her memories. You NEVER forget any of it, but being in court and having a prominent defense attorney question MY motives was soul- crushing and dehumanizing until I took a moment and realized what he and the creep who tried to kill me were doing.

I believe I did outsmart him because I never acknowledged any " good" in him at all.
He had nurses as character witnesses who really effed up. One got on the stand, glared at me, broke down into tears, and said " He bought me Christmas presents for several years. He was more like a husband to me than my own husband".
I smiled despite myself at her huge gaffe.
I'm going to close this post while I'm still smiling.
Love and good night to you all. :)

@Tricia, thank you for taking time out to be with us here tonight. (( Hugs)))!

What you went through, and are reminded here, is horrid.:(:(
Thank goodness you had the support of the AG, and you were successful.:):)
It looks as if it is your courage that got you through your case.
So pleased you are here to post.
MOO.

I certainly don't want to 'bash' this lovely family. I think they are amazing and have been doing a wonderful job and are a Godsend for Jayme now.

However, I do hope they take a step back now for awhile, and let her have some privacy and some shelter. I was thrilled to see that first picture, and it was nice to see the next couple, but then I began feeling uncomfortable for her. She has not had any time to process this nightmare nor time to properly grieve her parent's deaths and the loss of her childhood.

I spent many years working with other survivors of childhood abuse. And when we finally come to the place where we allow ourselves to remember it, process it, grieve it, accept it and move forward, it is a messy, emotional laden journey. It is not something we feel like doing in public. It is an emotional, personal, private inner struggle.

I want her to have the space to do that. Recovery takes time and energy and a safe secure private space. I hope she can get with some experienced professionals who can help her with all of that. They would probably suggest to the family that they no longer, for the time being, publicly post pictures of her in the home, etc. Let her have some privacy for now. She does not need to feel like all eyes are on her, and the masses are focused on her. It is just too much when she has so many other painful things she will be working through. JMO
100X this.

I actually think he saw her somewhere like Rice Lake, close to her town, close to his town where people would go for Walmart and other shopping, maybe at a dance studio there...
You may be right. With stalker types we do know a simple innocent smile can give a sicko the impression they fantasize about.

Maybe a meth lab?

No clue... with this guy could be anything.
I did see home is kinda big / 5 bedroom with detached garage....

If it’s enclave spaced out of 20 homes and half summer homes it’s almost logical she wasn’t found. He had to be doing something... didn’t know meth was more expensive than cocaine, but everyone in Barron does, who knew..

Think about the other brother, he’s in Colorado working at subway, you think he’s floating boat for jake and not Erik?? That family must have had large incidents before divorce and nobody patched it back together

Not sure, I used to go on karaoke and music video apps like @MassGuy mentioned, but nowadays there's Tik Tok and Musically. All of these apps have mass amounts of creeps who know how to manipulate young girls, and I know that if I didn't have older friends online I probably would have fell for it at 13. Any game on Steam has chatting capabilities, I made some friends on there and we were all Jayme's age. Nowadays probably Fortnite or PUBG.
Jayme doesn't seem like someone who would play online games but I could be wrong.

I wondered if she might like Musically. I think she was very much into dancing, cheer and entertainment. So I wondered if she might like singing etc too. I know that my daughter was freaked out about the creepy types that were able to talk to her young friend, pretending to be interested in their 'music.'

Also, living in a small town her whole life, she might have wanted to talk to people online. My nieces grew up in a rural area and were way too much into meeting boys online, from the 'city' an hour away.

But I imagine that anyone she spoke to could be traced electronically? I just dont know much about these games these days because my kids are grown.

ETA: Apparently, 'Musically' has closed as an app because of all of the concerned parents and the pervs who were messaging the young children, asking for phone numbers and pictures

The NEW improved version is 'TIK TOK' 13 yr old minimum age---but younger are still taking part

Last edited:
Absolutely, the “why” and the “how.”

I have a pretty good idea what this guy wanted here, but I’m absolutely dying to know how he came to target her.

What specifically was the connection?

It seems that he knew her, but she didn’t know him.

That’s terrifying.
Indeed. I hope the ‘how’ is forthcoming.

If he was into gaming, maybe Jayme started gaming with him post kidnapping and developed what he thought was a bond with her. This might be a way she developed him trusting her so she wasn't bound so much. idk...just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla