Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh absolutely. Some people get multiple DUIs and live a seemingly high functioning, normal life. But aggravated offenses are just so much worse.

The friend I'm referring to works in the pharmaceutical space, and a conviction would lead to her being required to disclose the conviction to her board of directors. This could then lead to her occupational liscences being revoked and her termination. This would essentially end her educational path as her job provides her with substantial UK benefits that she depends on.

So yes, an aggravated DUI is absolutely a potential life ender. This friend of mine was over 2.5x the legal limit. Pretty severe.

Also I was too wondering where her kids were during all this. Doesn't Shaq have custody of the twins and a theirs child? Has anywhere reported the custody arrangement for the fourth child?
Wouldn't it be unusual for the father to have legal custody of a 2 week old? How does that happen?

Wouldn't it be unusual for the father to have legal custody of a 2 week old? How does that happen?

Not that this happened in her situation, but imagine this: you are petitioning for custody of your child while the woman is pregnant. It's very possible that within those court preceedings you could file for custody of the unborn child.

Its unusual, yes, but not impossible that the father could be awarded custody of the twins during the pregnancy. Especially if he already had sole custody of another of his shared children.

DUI in NC
1st offense - lose your license for 1 year
(Limited driving privileges if you have no previous traffic or criminal record)
30 days in jail (done on weekends)
Unsupervised probation for one year
Mandatory drug classes to include 3 AA meetings and 40 hours volunteer work that is court approved with select agencies.

DUI in NC
1st offense - lose your license for 1 year
(Limited driving privileges if you have no previous traffic or criminal record)
30 days in jail (done on weekends)
Unsupervised probation for one year
Mandatory drug classes to include 3 AA meetings and 40 hours volunteer work that is court approved with select agencies.

That's for a standard DUI? Not even an aggravated offense? Jesus, NC doesn't take it very lightly.

Not that this happened in her situation, but imagine this: you are petitioning for custody of your child while the woman is pregnant. It's very possible that within those court preceedings you could file for custody of the unborn child.

Its unusual, yes, but not impossible that the father could be awarded custody of the twins during the pregnancy. Especially if he already had sole custody of another of his shared children.
I have wondered about the custody as well, but it appears they had a good relationship despite it. He and his family have only said nice things about her. She is only 22 and twins can be overwhelming to anyone, let alone someone with 2 other kids. MOO

I don’t like that she had said she and others in the car were heavily intoxicated. Have they been found? Could it have been an accident?

That's for a standard DUI? Not even an aggravated offense? Jesus, NC doesn't take it very lightly.
Yes. For the lowest level. Clean record.
With an attorney, was able to get jail time reduced to 24 hours and get limited driving privileges in local area for one year (to and from work) daylight hours only.

Yes. For the lowest level. Clean record.
With an attorney, was able to get jail time reduced to 24 hours and get limited driving privileges in local area for one year (to and from work) daylight hours only.

That’s essentially the penalty for an aggravated dui, first offense in KY.

It’s different for different substances though. There are also different circumstances that could make it aggravated ie: driving with a kid under 14 in the car, going a certain speed over the limit while intoxicated, blowing a certain over (if it’s alcohol related...) I’m glad that they take it more serious where you are. It should really be taken more serious here.

Something i wondered more about was the mom saying the girl and guy in back seat were hollering at her. I wonder what she meant. Being playful? Hi Mrs. Spurlock or disrespecting her...

I thought that was strange too. I interpreted it as them just being goofy and loud while she was on the phone with her.

I have wondered about the custody as well, but it appears they had a good relationship despite it. He and his family have only said nice things about her. She is only 22 and twins can be overwhelming to anyone, let alone someone with 2 other kids. MOO

I don’t like that she had said she and others in the car were heavily intoxicated. Have they been found? Could it have been an accident?
I was thinking about this. Having twins plus two other children and not living with the father, or even with two parents, it's gotta be tough. I would think both parents would need help. They seem to have a good relationship, which might mean even if he has legal custody they might have their own agreement.

If there were at least 3 other people in the car, intoxicated or not, have there been any other folks reported missing in the area?

That’s a hard question to answer. There are other women missing in nearby areas. Unfortunately, they’re still open cases but not necessarily “unsolved.” Most of them just don’t have enough evidence to be taken to trial, or bodies. The more notable cases are also all a few years apart and they aren’t all necessarily close together in location.

I can’t really think of any other missing women that are from Fayette Co specifically.

That’s a hard question to answer. There are other women missing in nearby areas. Unfortunately, they’re still open cases but not necessarily “unsolved.” Most of them just don’t have enough evidence to be taken to trial, or bodies. The more notable cases are also all a few years apart and they aren’t all necessarily close together in location.

I can’t really think of any other missing women that are from Fayette Co specifically.
What I mean, I guess is, are the other people in the car reported missing anywhere?

What I mean, I guess is, are the other people in the car reported missing anywhere?
Was it confirmed that the car she was in belonged to one of the men last seen with her? I assumed he was one of the 3 that the police spoke with but I could be wrong. Sorry I think I missed the mention of a missing car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie