Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy pattern recognition, so here's my list of speculations. I'm a new and very zealous websleuth, so bear with me if I babble!

1.)OK. His older brother got in trouble for sex with a minor, but his FB showed him in a relationship with a same girl (same or different from charges, who knows?) for several years. Her FB showed about the same. Her FB also showed she was currently in WI...and still with the guy. So is he in WI, too? Could JP have been influenced by the having a relationship with a younger girl thing? Older brother has a drug charge somewhere, too. Could this be how the boys "supported" themselves? When police initially confirmed/recovered Jayme, they said they expected possible further suspects. Oh yeah? Brother one of them for a hot minute?

2.) JP didn't make the cut for the Marines. One of my boys is a Marine and you know, I am so proud he made it through! The basic training/Crucible is brutal! I didn't know my boy was that tough! So for JP to have been unsuccessful...what happened? And his mother posted he was "leaving soon" but no updates after...or none I could see. Hmmm...moms on social media are usually...loud and proud about stuff like that. In my experience, moms that enjoy hunting, (including bowhunting, yo), guns, wilderness, etc. are usually really vocal about the armed forces. What has JP been up to for the past 3 years? And if the theories about him being a "gamer" are true...yo. He'd have a social media presence SOMEWHERE. Gamers aren't gamers unless they get online to talk **** to one another while gaming! It's 1/2 the battle!

3.) I read that the cabin was transferred to a local credit union by the father 8 days before the kidnapping. Was there a "**** or get off the pot come to Jesus get a job" trigger? The parents have been divorced for some time...was dad tired of supporting his troubled sons? Whatever their economics, the family had enough $$ to keep a cabin - with utilities (at least lights & firewood), but their boys weren't in college or really doing anything with life...soooo...I'm not finding many interwebs fingerprints on the father either.

4.) People (teachers, friends from school, etc.) have described JP as a smart, quiet loner. OK. Neighbors said they weren't even fully aware that he was staying at the cabin but also that their family was known to be there year round. Grandma died in May. Was she there year-round? Was she "supporting" JP? The cabin ain't fancy, but the pics I saw show it to be relatively neat - esp. with a 21 yr old staying there for at least 3 months. Not all 21 yr olds are slobs, but most are. Best guess? Grandma lived there, dies, dad has to let go of cabin, JP has until end of year to hang out one last time - with a "girlfriend"? Maybe if he had a girlfriend to "take care of" dad would be more receptive to continued support? Maybe the kid was going to lose everything - no family to rely on, no job, nowhere to stay - and just decided to do something twisted before going out with a bang. Don't tell me 21 yr old males don't come up with these ideas...there's been too many in the news lately.

Just thoughts - too early in the morning & color me obsessed - over coffee & chainsmoking - while I hunt & devour clues! Feel free to point out any errors or offer answers on these burning questions!
Great insight! And welcome to WS!!

I enjoy pattern recognition, so here's my list of speculations. I'm a new and very zealous websleuth, so bear with me if I babble!

1.)OK. His older brother got in trouble for sex with a minor, but his FB showed him in a relationship with a same girl (same or different from charges, who knows?) for several years. Her FB showed about the same. Her FB also showed she was currently in WI...and still with the guy. So is he in WI, too? Could JP have been influenced by the having a relationship with a younger girl thing? Older brother has a drug charge somewhere, too. Could this be how the boys "supported" themselves? When police initially confirmed/recovered Jayme, they said they expected possible further suspects. Oh yeah? Brother one of them for a hot minute?

2.) JP didn't make the cut for the Marines. One of my boys is a Marine and you know, I am so proud he made it through! The basic training/Crucible is brutal! I didn't know my boy was that tough! So for JP to have been unsuccessful...what happened? And his mother posted he was "leaving soon" but no updates after...or none I could see. Hmmm...moms on social media are usually...loud and proud about stuff like that. In my experience, moms that enjoy hunting, (including bowhunting, yo), guns, wilderness, etc. are usually really vocal about the armed forces. What has JP been up to for the past 3 years? And if the theories about him being a "gamer" are true...yo. He'd have a social media presence SOMEWHERE. Gamers aren't gamers unless they get online to talk **** to one another while gaming! It's 1/2 the battle!

3.) I read that the cabin was transferred to a local credit union by the father 8 days before the kidnapping. Was there a "**** or get off the pot come to Jesus get a job" trigger? The parents have been divorced for some time...was dad tired of supporting his troubled sons? Whatever their economics, the family had enough $$ to keep a cabin - with utilities (at least lights & firewood), but their boys weren't in college or really doing anything with life...soooo...I'm not finding many interwebs fingerprints on the father either.

4.) People (teachers, friends from school, etc.) have described JP as a smart, quiet loner. OK. Neighbors said they weren't even fully aware that he was staying at the cabin but also that their family was known to be there year round. Grandma died in May. Was she there year-round? Was she "supporting" JP? The cabin ain't fancy, but the pics I saw show it to be relatively neat - esp. with a 21 yr old staying there for at least 3 months. Not all 21 yr olds are slobs, but most are. Best guess? Grandma lived there, dies, dad has to let go of cabin, JP has until end of year to hang out one last time - with a "girlfriend"? Maybe if he had a girlfriend to "take care of" dad would be more receptive to continued support? Maybe the kid was going to lose everything - no family to rely on, no job, nowhere to stay - and just decided to do something twisted before going out with a bang. Don't tell me 21 yr old males don't come up with these ideas...there's been too many in the news lately.

Just thoughts - too early in the morning & color me obsessed - over coffee & chainsmoking - while I hunt & devour clues! Feel free to point out any errors or offer answers on these burning questions!
Welcome to Websleuths!
I do not think the house went back to the back but rather the dad paid it off. jmo

Regarding today's timeline. The hearing is this afternoon, but is the criminal complaint being released earlier? And, is there a link where it will be released, or are we at the whim of the MSM?

It's been a fairly warm fall, and nowadays concrete technology has gotten to where they can work nearly year round, even in Wisconsin. November wouldn't be unreasonable. Midwest Seasonal Pouring Tips - The Concrete Network
Ok. I’m hours south and they lay off here. We had a blizzard in November. I just think it unlikely a newer employee would not have been laid off at that time.

"Patterson had "specific intentions to take Jayme, but how he became aware of and chose her will be part of the criminal charges."

ACTUALLY, I just listened to the attorneys and the reporter, (watched video) and what the reporter actually said was "how he became aware of and chose her will EMERGE in the criminal charges and court" which makes more sense. The article wrote what was said incorrectly.

Strange that he put up Christmas Lights outside?
“powering a still-lit string of Christmas lights hanging off a stand-alone garage,”
I have a feeling he was trying to make Jayme feel like this was her new home. After all, he went to great lengths to have her to himself. I just can't figure out why he didn't allow her to keep herself clean. That seems so strange to me.

I saw a Direct TV remote on a table in one of the puctures as well. I believe they could also offer internet?

It depends. When we first bought our house, Direct TV was the cable system offered. Although they did have internet service, it did not extend to my house (it stopped about half a mile on my road before it reached me). The fibers had not been put in that far down. Instead, our only option was Hughes Net which is satellite internet, not broadband. In very rural areas, this is common.

ACTUALLY, I just listened to the attorneys and the reporter, (watched video) and what the reporter actually said was "how he became aware of and chose her will EMERGE with in the criminal charges and court" which makes more sense. The article wrote what was said incorrectly.
That makes better sense, at this time.

Strange that he put up Christmas Lights outside?
“powering a still-lit string of Christmas lights hanging off a stand-alone garage,”

Those could have been there pre-Jayme, too. We keep Christmas lights on 2 of our outbuildings. From Nov-Jan they're "Christmas lights"; for the rest of the year they're "party lights." ;)

This may have been discussed, I struggle to keep up, but it won't surprise me to find JP is a member, or had interest in, "incel" communities. These are men who struggle to get sexual partners and hate women for "denying" them sex, and hate the men who can "get" the women. This may explain the killing of Jayme's parents.

Part of the culture also supports being attracted to much younger females (not necessarily underage though) who are more pure and more controllable.

"Self-identified incels are mostly white, male and heterosexual, and are often described as young and friendless introverts. Some media outlets depict them as unemployed and living with parents."

Incel - Wikipedia

I read in an article this morning about women's clothing and makeup in the same room she was being held. I wonder if this was for Jayme to look nice once she decided to accept herself in his life. Yeesh... This term is becoming more apparent for me to describe this creep. I also read somewhere among my research that some in this group believe kidnapping a female is A-OK.

I have a feeling he was trying to make Jayme feel like this was her new home. After all, he went to great lengths to have her to himself. I just can't figure out why he didn't allow her to keep herself clean. That seems so strange to me.
Maybe just me and maybe I’m not seeing it right (trying to view pics on my phone and my eyes are too old for that) but he didn’t have a bed for her either? Nobody feels at home without a bed to sleep in. Of course I’m also just speculating what his intentions were, but I can’t imagine “keeping” somebody without providing them a bed. I do that much for dogs I’m fostering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam