Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the diaper box I'm assuming he had her locked up somewhere. She probably wasn't watching tv. I'm also guessing he had only a couple local channels. Maybe an antenna stabbed in the ground outside somewhere.

This is JMO, but I think the diaper box may turn out to be a red herring. It could just be an empty box that was picked up somewhere & used to transport groceries/whatever and may have no relevance.

This comes from thinking about the boxes I’ve randomly grabbed/used to transport and/or store stuff in the past. WSers would have a field day trying to make sense of them if I disappeared or committed an crime.

OT Anecdote: some years ago, in another (happily resolved) case we spent weeks analyzing what we came to know as “foil” or “pizza”-gate from a photo. It turned out to be incredibly irrelevant.

I could be wrong.

Last edited:
"A stash of kids’ backpacks, including one with panda ears, can be seen piled up in one corner of the 8ft by 8ft room in images obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com. "

Could be an uh-oh moment. Why would he have these items and how did he get them?

I wouldn't read too much into the stuff found at the house. An entire family used to live there, including a mother and daughter. One by one, they left until Jake was the sole remaining occupant, and they seem to have left belongings behind. The house seems to be a repository for stuff they don't want (including Jake maybe).

Thank you. I always try very hard to never put out any misinformation but I am not able to locate the link at this time.

So I may have misunderstood or I am mistaken. If so..KK I sincerely apologize to you and everyone.

I'm still going to keep looking though.

Jmo

(I know I read that too. It could have come out in initial reports then maybe removed, but I’m thinking it’s still out there somewhere, moo.)

I strongly disagree that this case is similar to the Starkweather/Fugate case. Caril Ann was a willing accomplice and she dated Starkweather. They not only murdered her parents, they also murdered her 2-year-old sister and then went on a crime spree of murder. Both were tried and convicted of multiple counts of first degree murder. Nothing about that case was similar to the Closs case.

JMO
Oh, yes. ITA. This is a completely different type of crime. OP was saying unnecessarily violent crimes are a symptom of modern society. I was bringing the Starkweather case because of the idea of personal and impersonal violence. I think the Starkweather case had both.
edited for typos

Thank you. I always try very hard to never put out any misinformation but I am not able to locate the link at this time.

So I may have misunderstood or I am mistaken. If so..KK I sincerely apologize to you and everyone.

I'm still going to keep looking though.

Jmo

Are you referring to this article?

During her brief stay in the Kasinskas home, Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” Peter Kasinskas said Thursday night.

She didn’t realize anyone had been looking for her and was surprised the couple knew Patterson’s name. Jayme didn’t know who he was until after he abducted her, she told them.

Back with family after escaping, Jayme Closs 'is the hero' - StarTribune.com

This is completely random but the week before the Closs murders / Jayme’s abduction, the 13th annual Barron County “Haunted Path” (Halloween event) opened at the fairgrounds, located in Rice Lake. The founders of the event donated to the Closs fund this year and promoted the Find Jayme green bracelets.

I scoured photos after the Closs family tragedy and I’ll be looking again . . . Didn’t see any with Jayme. Still wondering if she attended and if so, with who? FYI . . . They rely on volunteers to staff the haunted rooms . . . Here’s a link: Haunted Path, Ltd.

Re: “’ I can tell you Mr. Patterson’s feelings are consistent with what you would believe of someone who was involved in these allegations”:

What’s that supposed to mean? My answer is if he has any feelings it’s probably he’s sorry he got caught and Jayme outsmarted him!!

The "cabin's" furnishings and stuff *could* indicate something that could be analyzed, but to me 21 years old still seems like a kid so I could also see how it was "decorated" by a dude who didn't have any money and just threw together whatever he could find. Or, if this was the parent's weekend home, he just held onto whatever old stuff they didn't want to take with them. The adult diapers could also be a part of that and may not mean anything (then again, maybe they do).

It actually reminds me of my ex's home. He was a NASA scientist, but his house looked like the foyer of a Motel 6. Later I found out that other than his bed, literally part of a bunkbed he'd had since he was 9, he really HAD bought his furniture at a motel's auction.

About the diapers... The box might have been used to carry groceries or something, but if he made her wear them, they'll be in the garbage unless there is garbage service, which, IMO this is too rural but IDK. If he took them to a dump or dumpster, it seems he would have taken the box, too. I could see him using them for plants or something. He might have some kind of fetish, but there could be other reasons for there being a practically new looking box of that type and none of the diapers around. In one set of pics, there was what appeared to be a clean puppy wee-wee pad. I wonder if he had had puppy or maybe intended to take Mollie, too. Pure speculation.
edited for typos

Re: “’ I can tell you Mr. Patterson’s feelings are consistent with what you would believe of someone who was involved in these allegations”:

What’s that supposed to mean? My answer is if he has any feelings it’s probably he’s sorry he got caught and Jayme outsmarted him!!

And this is part of where I think they're laying the gound work for some kind of scenario that would try to insinuate a mutual agreement between the kidnapper and kidnappee.

(NOT implying that the idea would work, but criminals have tried some crazy defenses in the past. May I bring in Chris Watts, Exhibit A.)

And this is part of where I think they're laying the gound work for some kind of scenario that would try to insinuate a mutual agreement between the kidnapper and kidnappee.

(NOT implying that the idea would work, but criminals have tried some crazy defenses in the past. May I bring in Chris Watts, Exhibit A.)

IMO, if they try that defense than all of the effort he put in to eliminate his footprint will backfire. Hard to prove that scenario if all the evidence of such an "agreement" is nothing but empty air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift