Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
But have any of the JP family been allowed into the house since Jayme escaped? Or do you mean the photos were taken sometime earlier? I do think some LE leak photos. I would also be interested to know, for the past 80+ days, if anyone else other than JP knew Jayme was in that house.
My hunch is after LE left the place, someone swooped in and took photos. I don't think it was family or LE....just someone looking to exploit the situation.

Speculation only.

jmo

But have any of the JP family been allowed into the house since Jayme escaped? Or do you mean the photos were taken sometime earlier? I do think some LE leak photos. I would also be interested to know, for the past 80+ days, if anyone else other than JP knew Jayme was in that house.
I know the streets have been opened now and I think they have completed their investigation at the house. The house belongs to JP's dad, so I think he would be able to enter and/or allow others to.

Imo I don't see it as her giving the media updates. I think she is giving "us" updates. Those updates have to come through the media. Her family was/is well aware of the outpouring of emotion/support/concern coming from the entire world. I think it is incredibly "generous" of her aunt to put our minds more at ease that Jayme can smile. :)

Maybe this is just one of those things that depends on one's perspective, especially about what info is "owed" to anyone other than those who personally know Jayme and her family. No biggie either way.

Personally I think one of JPs family members sold the photos.

I dont think anyone in LE did.

Just my personal opinion only.
I think you could be correct. I don't think these are even official from the day of her rescue. Who knows when these could have been taken. Someone already had these and sold them to the press I would bet.

Yeah, I'm not sure (and Daily Mail article stated they are not sure either) that the room in the photos is where he kept her. It just looks like his sister's old room that turned into a junk room to me. JMO
I think they are selectively showing pictures that keep the public stirred up. Eg. Sheets look like satin in one picture, den doesn't look that bad as far as being messy, etc., where are pictures of bathrooms, his bedroom? They are just creating a morbid curiosity in the public. I'd like to see pictures from a respected news source.jmo

https://nypost.com/2019/01/14/jayme-closs-doing-awesome-after-harrowing-kidnapping-ordeal-sheriff/
Investigators have “made several trips” from the decrepit cabin where the teen was held for nearly three months, back to Barron to bring back evidence.

They’ve been looking at a gun found inside Patterson’s cabin that appears “similar” to the shotgun used to kill Jayme’s parents, James and Denise Closs on Oct. 15., and sifting through receipts.

Few details have emerged about what transpired during Jayme’s captivity.

“They were together for 88 days,” Fitzgerald said. “I don’t know what their interaction was, if they talked, or he read her books.”

I think you could be correct. I don't think these are even official from the day of her rescue. Who knows when these could have been taken. Someone already had these and sold them to the press I would bet.

Some of them definitely were taken through a window, though. So even if some were sold, reporters were still on that property after the fact.

The neighbors who rescued her commented that she may not have bathed at all during captivity, so I’m guessing she was pretty dirty. One also described her hair as almost one big dreadlock. I’m guessing she appeared to be thinner because of the oversized sweat shirt she wore.

I think it's most likely she has lost weight to some extent from her normal weight of 100 pounds as well and was malnorished beyond the awful cruel condition she was in when she escaped.

The sweatshirt was probably JPs too along with having to use his slippers which were too large for her.

Imo he treated her terribly when he held her captive. He stripped her of even basic hygiene. He did all of this to show her he was still in full control of even basic necessities all human beings deserve to be given.

It shows what a monster he truly is. He degraded her in every way possible yet he still could not break Jayme's spirit.

He was never as strong as she is. Everything he did it had to be done by using force..threats....intimidation and trying to instill paralyzing fear in Jayme. This is the only way any girl would be around him. He had to kidnap a very unwilling victim. imo this is the only way any girl would remain with him for a nano second so he had to kidnap and force Jayme to be with him.

In the end none of it worked and while he was mistreating her... Jayme was much stronger and more intelligent. Imo

She knew all along the minute the opportunity to escape his house of horrors came she would take it and he had no clue the strength and courage that remained within his victim he was so sure would stay his kidnapped victim for as long as he wanted.

Imo

Last edited:
The Latest: Sheriff: 'Awesome' smile from Jayme Closs
A Wisconsin sheriff says 13-year-old Jayme Closs had a smile on her face when he saw her Sunday, just days after she fled the remote cabin where she says she was held for three months.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said it was the first time he had met Jayme since she apparently escaped from her captor on Thursday.

Fitzgerald called it "awesome" and a moment he'll never forget. He says Jayme showed him the room where she is staying with an aunt in Barron, Wisconsin.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/14/jayme-closs-doing-awesome-after-harrowing-kidnapping-ordeal-sheriff/
“She’s still a young, shy girl but with a smile on her face,” said Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald.

Fitzgerald, who went to visit the 13-year-old girl at her aunt’s house in Barron Sunday night, also said she was doing “awesome.”

The teen showed the sheriff her new room, accompanied by her dog Molly, who was “very protective, barking,” Fitzgerald recalled.

“Our goal is to make sure Jayme is safe,” Fitzgerald said.

Asked about her plans for the future, Fitzgerald said Jayme may go back to school “if she chooses.”

The family is taking a “whatever Jayme wants” approach, he added.

Investigators have “made several trips” from the decrepit cabin where the teen was held for nearly three months, back to Barron to bring back evidence.

They’ve been looking at a gun found inside Patterson’s cabin that appears “similar” to the shotgun used to kill Jayme’s parents, James and Denise Closs on Oct. 15., and sifting through receipts.

Few details have emerged about what transpired during Jayme’s captivity.

“They were together for 88 days,” Fitzgerald said. “I don’t know what their interaction was, if they talked, or he read her books.”

"...read her books"? That's an odd thing to say.

I think they are selectively showing pictures that keep the public stirred up. Eg. Sheets look like satin in one picture, den doesn't look that bad as far as being messy, etc., where are pictures of bathrooms, his bedroom? They are just creating a morbid curiosity in the public. I'd like to see pictures from a respected news source.jmo
Agreed. I bet they took pics of the worst and messiest parts of the house. I would assume there are upstairs bedrooms which are not pictured. The tabloid style articles are already presenting everything as though it is 99% fact that she was kept in the basement. Just remember much of this type of reporting is for $ and sensationalism. For all we know, Jayme could have been kept on the 2nd floor.

Thanks, kk. I think we may see at least a portion of the complaint sealed considering the investigation is ongoing. Could be wrong.

From the article (BBM):

What's next?
Patterson is expected to make his initial appearance Monday afternoon in Barron County Circuit Court.

• Patterson's court appearance is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. The hearing is not expected to last more than 30 minutes.
  • Prosecutors are expected to charge him with two counts of intentional homicide and one count of kidnapping before the appearance.
  • Patterson will most likely appear via video from the Barron County jail as the charges are read to him. His attorneys, however, say they'll request that he appear in person.
  • According to the Associated Press, Patterson's attorneys Charles Glynn and Richard Jones believe Jake Patterson can get a fair trial. They also added that it has been an emotional time for the Barron community, and that they understand the pain the case has generated.
  • The criminal complaint, which is expected to be released Monday morning, is expected to shine a light on what happened at the crime scene in Barron.
  • According to an article from Dailymail.com, some of Jayme Closs' family is expected to be in court Monday to "look Jake Patterson in the eye" during the hearing.
  • Details on what happened during Jayme's nearly three months held captive have not yet been released, however, more details are expected to be shared this week as interviews continue.

Thanks, kk. I think we may see at least a portion of the complaint sealed considering the investigation is still quite active. Could be wrong.

From the article (BBM):

What's next?
Patterson is expected to make his initial appearance Monday afternoon in Barron County Circuit Court.

• Patterson's court appearance is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. The hearing is not expected to last more than 30 minutes.
  • Prosecutors are expected to charge him with two counts of intentional homicide and one count of kidnapping before the appearance.
  • Patterson will most likely appear via video from the Barron County jail as the charges are read to him. His attorneys, however, say they'll request that he appear in person.
  • According to the Associated Press, Patterson's attorneys Charles Glynn and Richard Jones believe Jake Patterson can get a fair trial. They also added that it has been an emotional time for the Barron community, and that they understand the pain the case has generated.
  • The criminal complaint, which is expected to be released Monday morning, is expected to shine a light on what happened at the crime scene in Barron.
  • According to an article from Dailymail.com, some of Jayme Closs' family is expected to be in court Monday to "look Jake Patterson in the eye" during the hearing.
  • Details on what happened during Jayme's nearly three months held captive have not yet been released, however, more details are expected to be shared this week as interviews continue.
At the crime scene in Barron BBM
I believe there will be more charges coming from the crime scene in Gordon.
How does that work? 2 different courts or do they consolidate all the crimes because they are related? Like this crime of kidnapping resulted and was intended to commit the following crimes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam