Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video: Jayme Closs found: Family of Wisconsin teen express pride and relief with Closs' return home - CBS News
Closs' family members never gave up hope that she would be found, but like the rest of the country, they are still in shock. Only on "CBS This Morning," Closs' cousin LS and two of her aunts, SA and LC, told "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King how they are helping the 13-year-old heal by giving her all the love she needs. They also told us about what it's like to finally have her home.

"I have to pinch myself," Allard said. "I woke up this morning and finally, I didn't have that pit in the bottom of my stomach any more."

"I still feel a little in shock. I just want to go over there, every day to my mom's house and see Jayme. It's amazing to see her home," Smith said. Smith's mother is Closs' legal guardian now.

"She can't quit smiling," Lynn said.

"No, and my mom, her heart has been just broken since Jayme was gone," Smith said. "And now I told her, I said, 'I get my mom back. You are happy again. You are -- It's just the best thing I've ever seen.'"

"Tell us how you each heard the news that she was okay," King said.

"My dad had to call my neighbor. And she comes screamin' in my door. I'll never, ever forget her screaming, 'Sue! Sue! They found Jayme!'" Allard said, tearing up.
Beautiful article/ interview. Thanks for posting PommyMommy!

Sheriff Fitzgerald said that the case was still very active and that he could not share details of what Patterson had told authorities. He did say that Patterson acted alone and that he had a "very targeted approach and planned out attack" on the family.
From the CNN article I posted -
I did not realize he was talking to LE - so am guessing the additional charges may be based on what he told them? IMO
Same article talks about "red car" - so now I'm wondering if they do have him on video somewhere ?
Answers in Jayme Closs case could come with court appearance, criminal complaint today - CNN
Red car was car they pulled him over in

Assuming the images published by the Daily Mail are authentic, it was interesting to note the broken window in the basement (the one with the blue tape). Might this have been broken purposefully from inside? Surely it would be a matter of urgency to fix a window given the temperatures in Wisconsin. It might be double glazed and not such a problem, but it seems out of place. Obviously it is unsurprising that it wasn't replaced properly given what (who) JP was trying to hide. All JMO.

How to support Jayme Closs after safe return home
As Jayme Closs settles back in at home in Barron after her kidnapping, people across the country are showing their support.

A Facebook page created to help search for Jayme while she was missing has now turned into a celebration of the teenager’s safe return.

The page ‘Healing for Jayme Closs’ posted over the weekend that there is now a P.O. box set up so people can send cards and well wishes to Jayme and her family.

Send letters, attention to:
Light the Way Home for Jayme Closs
P.O. Box 539
Rice Lake, WI 54868

Jayme’s cousin has also set up a campaign to raise money for the 13-year-old’s family, as they cope with the recovery process and costs of the three-month search. This comes after a separate fundraiser ended when it surpassed its $50-thousand goal.

People are also still invited to donate to the Closs Family Benefit Fund set up at Sterling Bank.

I think it's most likely she has lost weight to some extent from her normal weight of 100 pounds as well and was malnorished beyond the awful cruel condition she was in when she escaped.

The sweatshirt was probably JPs too along with having to use his slippers which were too large for her.

Imo he treated her terribly when he held her captive. He stripped her of even basic hygiene. He did all of this to show her he was still in full control of even basic necessities all human beings deserve to be given.

It shows what a monster he truly is. He degraded her in every way possible yet he still could not break Jayme's spirit.

He was never as strong as she is. Everything he did it had to be done by using force..threats....intimidation and trying to instill paralyzing fear in Jayme. This is the only way any girl would be around him. He had to kidnap a very unwilling victim. imo this is the only way any girl would remain with him for a nano second so he had to kidnap and force Jayme to be with him.

In the end none of it worked and while he was mistreating her... Jayme was much stronger and more intelligent. Imo

She knew all along the minute the opportunity to escape his house of horrors came she would take it and he had no clue the strength and courage that remained within his victim he was so sure would stay his kidnapped victim for as long as he wanted.

Imo

He, a complete stranger, burst into Jayme's house, murdered her mother and father, kidnapped her, drove her for over an hour away from everything she knew, into a remote, forested area, and kept her in a ramshackle, trashed cabin, making sure his was the only face she saw for 3 months.

IMO he wouldn't have had to mistreat or abuse her in any way for her to be terrified of him and the violence he was capable of inflicting.

Some of these headlines, though...:rolleyes: smh

https://nypost.com/2019/01/14/jayme-closss-relatives-ready-to-stare-down-accused-kidnapper-in-court/
Jayme Closs
‘s relatives will be in court Monday afternoon to stare down the man accused of kidnapping the teen after killing her parents.

“My brother and sister will be there to look him in the eye,” Jayme’s aunt, JS, 48, told the Daily Mail about Jake Thomas Patterson’s first court appearance in Barron County Circuit Court.

Patterson, 21, is scheduled to appear by video circuit, as is standard procedure. His lawyers said they asked that he appear in person instead, but the judge denied the request.

JS described the family’s attendance in court as “the next step towards healing.”

“We were advised by agents that this would be a good thing, so yes, some of the family will be there,” said JS, who will not be attending.
BBM
Why is this? Because of the need and costs for transportation, officers etc. For his own safety? All of the above?
Plus, why would his atty's prefer he be in person?

Could I get some clarification if you can?

The house deed, it remains in PF father's name, correct? There doc someone posted a few threads ago, I wonder if he payed off his mortgage?

Where might I look to see or find out more on the "diaper box" ?

Thank you

Personally I think one of JPs family members sold the photos.

I dont think anyone in LE did.

Just my personal opinion only.

About the photos: I think they were taken by LE for the purpose of a press release. Probably before they began processing the scene. Years ago, when I was a reporter, they used to send us stuff like that all the time. Sometimes you had to nicely ask, and they would just respond with a zip folder to everyone on their email list.

RSBM

Does the young woman in the photo on the basement wall resemble Jayme? (Far right of far right photo) It’s difficult to see clearly on a small screen.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...spent-88-days-prisoner-21-year-old-loner.html

ETA link
Not in my opinion. To me, she looks more like the girl in this photo, but it could be anyone.

upload_2019-1-12_8-27-35-jpeg.163804

Jayme Closs kidnap: Man in custody named as Jake Thomas Patterson | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Peeping Tom???

I think he saw her out and about in public and fixated on her immediately and somehow learned her name (at a McD's or Walmart , saw one of her parents pay with a bank card and saw the name on it, for example) and stalked her from there and started checking off his incel/military coup manifesto list.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members