Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! "Complaint says defendant Jake Patterson confessed to killing James & Denise Closs as well as the kidnapping. Prosecutors alleged he worked out of town. Stopped behind school bus and saw #JaymeCloss. Told authorities he just knew Jayme was the girl "he was going to take.'"
Paul Blume on Twitter

My daughter is getting off the bus in 2 hours. She is 13. I feel sick.

Paul Blume on Twitter
Jake Patterson says he kept #JaymeCloss captive under his bed & left his home on multiple occasions including to attend family Xmas in Superior.

Paul Blume on Twitter
Jake Patterson reportedly told investigators he went to the Closs family home multiple x before pulling off his plan. Both prior times scared off by lights, people, cars in driveway.

Paul Blume on Twitter
Complaint says defendant Jake Patterson confessed to killing James & Denise Closs as well as the kidnapping. Prosecutors alleged he worked out of town. Stopped behind school bus and saw #JaymeCloss. Told authorities he just knew Jayme was the girl "he was going to take.'

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Complaint: Patterson taped Jayme's hands and feet and drug her out of the home. He put her in the trunk of the car. Jayme heard the sirens of driving by as the car drove away. #jaymecloss
Thank you. These details are hard to read about what thirteen-year-old Jayme went through.

TY!
He is showing parts. Paul Blume (@PaulBlume_FOX9) | Twitter
Dw5LidAWsAEjSm8.jpg:large
holy cow!

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Complaint: On the night of the crime, Patterson stole license plates off another car and put them on his. He disconnected the dome light and trunk lights. He brought his dad's pump 12 gauge shotgun because he thought they were most difficult to trace. #JaymeCloss

Criminal complaint against suspect in Jayme Closs disappearance released
January 14, 2019 12:54 PM

The criminal complaint against the suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Jayme Closs and the murder of her parents has been filed in Barron County, Wisconsin.

Jake Thomas Patterson, 21, is due to make his first court appearance later Monday afternoon.

The complaint states he is charged with two counts of first-degree homicide, one count of kidnapping and one count of armed burglary.

I agree. I also think that letting all her friends from school, dance, etc. see that she’s happy and doing well will make it easier for her to resume some of her activities, when she’s ready.

Absolutely. Remove as much of the mystique as possible without giving away too much, allowing fewer "stories" to mushroom and stomp them out with positivity. I grew up in a small town.

Complaint: Suspect chose Jayme when saw her on bus
A criminal complaint says a Wisconsin man accused of kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs spotted her getting on a school bus one day and made up his mind to take her.

Patterson6.jpg

Jake Thomas Patterson was charged Monday with kidnapping and with killing Jayme's parents. The criminal complaint says Patterson told investigators he was driving to his job at a cheese factory one day near Almena, Wisconsin, when he stopped behind a school bus and watched Jayme get on.

The complaint quotes Patterson as saying when he saw Jayme, "He knew that was the girl he was going to take."

The complaint says Patterson went to the Closs home twice with the intent of taking Jayme but was unable to do so because too many people were around before he was able to kidnap her.

Jake Thomas Patterson was arrested Thursday after Jayme apparently escaped from a remote northwestern Wisconsin cabin where she says she was held.

Investigators say the 21-year-old man broke into James and Denise Closs' home near Barron, Wisconsin on Oct. 15 by blowing the front door open with a shotgun. Jayme's parents were shot to death and the teenager vanished the same day.

Anyone know the protocol in a situation like this? Is there daily counseling, counseling for relatives so they can best help Jayme during this time? Would LE ask that the relatives not share info that could assist with them building their case? Or does she just go home and everyone hopes that all do the right thing?

This honestly depends on the family and social workers initially involved.

Typically, a victim is assigned a victims advocate and/or social worker who becomes integral in advising services (counseling / therapy / family meetings, etc). I’ll be honest, there are some really good social workers that become part of the family, there are some families that reject them which can cause delays and quality of service issues and there are some that just aren’t good at their jobs.

I would hope that Jayme was assigned the best of the best.

Initially though, they would give Jayme recovery time that is mostly steered by her. Once she starts expressing interest in returning to school, or doing more every day activities etc. is when they’ll start being a little more insistent on speaking with trauma counselors. Also, if an amount of time passes (2-4 weeks is my experience ) and she’s NOT talking about those things or seems withdrawn or disinterested they would also intervene.

LE will likely start looking for her to talk to them within 7-10 days max if she hasn’t already. This will likely be done by a special officer trained in dealing with traumatized children. Likely in her home on her terms as much as possible and in small doses. This part is often tricky bc police need information but pressuring can be re-traumatizing.

The one thing that concerned me was the school saying they are ready for her return. They are not. They can’t possibly be. And in my opinion it was * absurd* to put that out there only days after her recovery. I hope Jayme doesn’t see it or feel pressured to return quickly if she’s not ready.

I'm so incredibly sad for Denise and James. She got to hold her daughter one last time before her life was taken. Praying hard for peace and comfort for two incredible parents who should have been able to see their daughter again and have been denied that. So very very sorry for Denise and James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288