Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
In no way am i bashing the police. I’m just curious- don’t all police cars now have dash cams? Wouldn’t they have checked the dash cams to see if they saw the perp fleeing while they were on their way?

Good question. Maybe they did and that's why they had certain vehicle descriptions. Perhaps his wasn't visible in the camera.

I am shocked but not surprised. This is pretty much how we had imagined it happened. I was hoping it would be less horrific but... wow.

But with fake license plates....

Agreed that the license plates would have thrown them off, but surprised with the detail of the vehicle seen, it was never considered a candidate for further investigation.

Been crying all day...tears of joy from watching the Aunts & cousins interview, to tears of heartbreak & pure anger for what he did to Jayme’s mom & dad...what he did to Jayme... Sickened by him watching her get off the school bus....
I can’t say anything more than that.....it’s not....lady like, is the best way I can put it.
God bless Jayme, RIP Mr. & Mrs. Closs & God bless Jayme’s loved ones.
MOO

Looking at that pic with his head down, assuming it is indeed him. I don't think he shaved his head not to leave his hair at the crime scene, as suggested. For a young adult, he really has a receding hairline and is balding. Some guys will just shave their heads.

I made the above statement before reading that he did in fact tell LE that he shaved his head specifically not to leave his hair at the scene.

Reading what's being posted right now, what he's confessing to, is absolutely HORRID.

Looking at that pic with his head down, assuming it is indeed him. I don't think he shaved his head not to leave his hair at the crime scene, as suggested. For a young adult, he really has a receding hairline and is balding. Some guys will just shave their heads.

He told investigators that he shaved his head and entire body, to avoid leaving any evidence behind.

Paul Blume on Twitter
Sheriff confirms Closs family has indicated they will be here for the Jake Patterson hearing. Not sure who, how many. But they want to be here as they seek justice for their absolutely senseless nightmare. #JaymeCloss
FYI mommy....Kelsey Berreth thread open again. Both cases are getting a lot of attention. So happy Jayme is free!

They can also see you eating with your kid at a restaurant or walking with your kid at a mall or supermarket. Or at a post office with your kid. Or doctor's office. Or gas station. Or anywhere.

And follow you home.

But given that this kind of horror is exceedingly, extraordinarily rare, it is perfectly rational not to think of this stuff.

I'm much more worried about accidents, cancer and even school shootings.
Agree. This is rare in the grand scheme of things and while this is a good reminder if normal safety routines have fallen by the wayside it should not induce unwarranted fear.

He confessed during questioning. That doesn’t mean he’ll plead guilty, (though I hope he does).

I suspect his attorneys will enter a NG plea until they figure out a viable strategy.
Exactly what I meant. At this point it means nothing.

Sick $%#@&*!!!@ :mad:

Jayme Closs 'hid in the bathtub with her mother' as man is charged with kidnapping and murder | Daily Mail Online
Jayme Closs cowered in the bathroom with her mother as Jake Patterson shot her father in the head then watched in horror as he did the same to her mother minutes after kicking in the flimsy door.

Dressed in black from head to toe including a face mask, hat and gloves Patterson grabbed the terrified teenager, taped her hands and ankles together, covered her mouth with tape and dragged her out of her home to his waiting car.

According to Jayme her abductor then bundled into the trunk and drove her approximately two hours to the cabin where he would hold her for the next three months.

The horrifying details of the Closs murders and Jayme's abduction have emerged for the first time in the criminal complaint filed today ahead of Patterson's first court appearance in Barron County Circuit Court.

According to Jayme's account Patterson took her into the cabin, removed the tape from her mouth, hands and ankles and told her to go into the bathroom and remove all her clothes.

When friends of relatives visited Patterson 'made it clear that nobody was to know she was there or bad things would happen to her.'

He made her hide under his bed in once corner of his bedroom and stacked totes and laundry bins around the bed with weights stacked against them so she could not move them without his being able to detect if she did.

On one occasion, according to the documents seen by DailyMail.com Jayme stated Patterson got made and 'hit her really hard on the back with the handle of something he used to clean blinds.' She could not remember what had angered him.

Her escape came when he left the cabin and she managed to push the weights away and flee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn