Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorneys for suspect Jake Patterson talk emotions, healing, along with kidnapping and homicide charges

Apologies if this has already been posted. His attorney replied “no comment” when asked if JP confessed.

“Earlier Sunday, one of the women helping Jayme and the Closs family get through this dark time talked about their bond and her wish for Jayme.

"This family has always had this amazing strength, they've always been there for each other long before this happened," she said. "I want Jayme to be able to draw the line in the sand and be at that line starting forward today and if I could wish anything on her it's that she'd never have to go back through this again ever."“

The description so far of what happened to Jayme is the stuff of the worst nightmares imaginable. "Survivor" doesn't begin to describe the strength she must have to still be alive, much less to have escaped on her own and to be able to ever smile again.

I know. It's incredible. She KNEW her parents were dead. Her world gone. Yet despite this she had the will to survive and remained determined for 88 days to do so.

She's not a military POW. She's an innocent, sheltered 13 year old kid! And still endured!

Amazed. I'm so in awe.

Utter nightmare. The details of what happened inside that house the night of Jayme's abduction are really sickening and disturbing and so very sad.

And then to read that she was kept underneath a TWIN sized bed for up to 12 hours at a time with nothing to eat or drink etc., how torturous and terrifying.

HE told authorities when he saw her at the school bus he "knew she was the one". That comment makes me really wonder about for how long he had been harboring a desire to kidnap and/or murder. Maybe for years???? .... Twisted . !!!

Oh goodness. It was in a news link in one of the threads shortly after she escaped. Maybe looking in the media thread will help. It should be there.

If not I will try to wade through all of the news links to find it.

ETA. I'm still looking KK. Maybe I misunderstood.
I definitely read that, too. It was in one of the first articles, maybe an interview with the dog walker.

I knew what happened in the Closs home was going to be bad but I am somewhat in shock reading about it and how Patterson prepped and carried out attack.

I'm a pretty unemotional guy; who has been called Spock because I don't rattle easily, but I had tears in my eyes by the time I was done reading.

If Jayme hadn't escaped it is probable Patterson would of gotten away with it and gone on to do it again. He needs to be removed from society forever.

Just stunned.

That’s the weirdest thing. Why was he going to extremes and what was his long term plan? Just creepy
He probably hadn’t though that far ahead.

He’s certainly impulsive, but he was able to slow down and develop a coherent plan.

This guy was probably living day to day, and hadn’t thought much about what was going to happen in the future.

This is beyond awful. Poor Jayme - since he confessed, do they have a trial or does it go straight to sentencing?

WOW! What a perfect world that would be..

I taught high school for 27 years. I have had students that fit the descriptions of Jake made by former classmates. Jake has been described as a loner, few friends, eats in the cafeteria alone, doesn’t want to take group pictures, short one word responses, if any, and no real interactions with classmates or teachers. He even physically resembles a few of those loner students. Although I would always do my best to engage them on some level, I was seldom able to do so. Some were successful academically, some not so much.
Please do not think I am lumping all these kids with Jake. I am not. I am just sharing my experience with young loner types.
I know murderers come in all shapes and sizes and personalities. I guess my point is WHAT in the world made Jake Patterson do this? How did this plan formulate in his sick head?
My heart goes out to Jayme and her family. They have a long road ahead of them.

Weird that he had no problem giving explicit details about deliberately murdering two people, and kidnapping a child/ using psychological terror to keep her controlled, but didn't confess to physically hurting her (hitting her on the back with a hard object).
or that he told denise to hang up the 911 call.

Agreed that the license plates would have thrown them off, but surprised with the detail of the vehicle seen, it was never considered a candidate for further investigation.

Wonder if that theft was reported and followed up.. It's innocuous in its own right but also would of helped him conceal if there was video evidence..

Weird that he had no problem giving explicit details about deliberately murdering two people, and kidnapping a child/ using psychological terror to keep her controlled, but didn't confess to physically hurting her (hitting her on the back with a hard object).

I would guess that's because he physically hurt her when he felt out of control of her. He wanted to tell them all about the events where he was in control of her (and her parents). He seems quite proud of himself, giving all the details about his planning. Saying he would have gotten away with it if he'd "planned better".

May he feel forever shamed that all of his planning was outsmarted by a brave little girl. And may he be absolutely destroyed in prison by some other sadistic sociopath. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Death is too good for him.

Jake Thomas Patterson charged with homicide, kidnapping in Jayme Closs case
Before he went to the Closs home on Oct. 15, Patterson told investigators he drove a few miles before he stopped to steal license plates from a car parked at a residence.

He removed the light from the trunk of his car, as well as "what he described as a glow-in-the-dark kidnapping cord ... so that no one could pull the trunk release once inside."

Jayme Closs told authorities that, on Oct. 15, the night she was abducted, she was asleep in her bedroom and woke up early in the morning to the sound of her dog barking.

She got up to see why her dog was barking, and noticed a vehicle coming up the driveway. She woke up her parents and her father went to the door to see what was going on.

They saw a man standing at the door with a gun. She and her mother hid in the bathroom.

They heard a gunshot. Denise Closs used her cell phone to call 911.

Patterson broke down the bathroom door and told Denise to hang up the phone.

Patterson told Denise to put tape over Jayme's mouth. She did. Then Patterson shot Denise.
These monsters deserve the same treatment they give to their victims

“Deputy Fick reports that, while in route to the residence, he observed a vehicle that was maroon in color and what he believed to be an older style vehicle. Deputy Fick reports that, based on his training and experience, the vehicle appeared to him to be an older Ford Taurus or similar vehicle. As the vehicle was traveling east on U.S. Hwy. 8, Deputy Fick reports he was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 8, just west of the City of Barron. Deputy Fick reports the vehicle he observed was the lone eastbound traveling vehicle he encountered. Deputy Fick observed the vehicle yield to himself and other deputies responding to the scene. Deputy Fick reports he was unable to see a front license plate and observed a black bracket in the front middle of the bumper. Deputy Fick reports he observed grey or silver trim on the vehicle.”

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I thought it was officially reported early on that no vehicles were seen on the road by LE?

Taking a breath. *just breathe* Wow. I think he is basking in being proud of himself. Too bad no DP in Wisconsin. He needs to never see the light of day again. Ever.

All this time, since the beginning, so much dissecting and here we have it. Here are the long sought and much debated details of what went down and yet, I am just empty reading what this family has gone through. Sigh. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member