Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s also my belief that had LE arrived before jtp left the Closs home. He more than likely would have killed jc and killed him self and or shot it out with police.

Yup And these details now make me realize just how amazing her escape was.

She knew how dangerous he was and if he would have caught her escaping out of the house then it would have been really bad for her. There is no telling what the maniac would have done to punish her for escaping. She may not have lived through the night.

Thank You Jayme for escaping successfully and getting this guy arrested. He cannot harm you or anyone else now. All because you are a brave and amazing child.

Hiding someone under a bed with weights and totes around bed aren't what would typically come to mind when restraining someone.. I am in no means trying to diminish any of what she has experienced because all of it should never have happened.. Not sure what I am actually trying to express

Terror and fear are just as effective at times as physical restraints.

Hiding someone under a bed with weights and totes around bed aren't what would typically come to mind when restraining someone.. I am in no means trying to diminish any of what she has experienced because all of it should never have happened.. Not sure what I am actually trying to express

To go through all he did to avoid detection and discovery at the crime scene ...
He really didn't do a good job of restraining her once he had her.

Thankfully.

This would have began as a fantasy, probably a long time ago.

I’m reading this the same way you are, the planning came first, and the victim second.

I’m sure that as the time approached, his plan became more specific.
I think he realized this was possible when his parents allowed him to basically have that house all to himself. I don't know if he was required to pay rent/ property tax, or bills, but I doubt it cost him much to live there and he didn't have many visitors. I'm just surprised that he didn't build an underground shelter first. Clearly he wasn't that bright if he thought keeping a victim under his bed unchained and blocked by some weights was going to prevent an escape. And he specifically told her he was going to be gone 5-6 hours on the day of her escape (and 12 hours a previous time). If she had to use the bathroom she would've had to break the "rules" no matter what.

That was horrific reading. I cannot imagine being bound and gagged and dragged. You'd think you were in a nightmare. That poor child. I'm hoping nothing happened to her personally from the reading of this charge. Please, Universe, make it so that she just kept him company with his monopoly game. She will heal so much faster if she wasn't abused that way.
I think the “bound, gagged, and dragged” was the least of it. That’s saying something.

Those minutes of horror, huddled with her mother in the bathtub, and seeing her mom killed right in front of her, that’s brutal for us to even think about.

She lived it.

They didn't even know that there was a kidnapping until much later on. That's why they didn't stop or take notice of any cars they passed
Probably. But even without the kidnapping, they would know that someone had left the crime scene. And I know they also have to have a reason to pull a car over, but when I think of the trauma this little girl would have avoided if they had just checked that car that night, I almost can't breathe.

Want to do something to even the scales on this kind of monstrous evil? Hug your children, hold them close and teach them that no matter what they are never to give up. Call your mother and tell her you love her, and then call your father and tell him the same.
Take some supplies to your local women's shelter, support those who have left monsters just like this.
Eat dinner with your family, at the table, and tell them how thankful you are for each and every one of them.
Take a pie over to your neighbor's home.
Take back the fear, the anger and the hate and don't let this monster spread it any farther. Erase him from your mind and remember that smile on Jayme's face because what he couldn't plan for, what he couldn't shoot dead, what he couldn't overcome was love. That's what beat him, the love Jayme had for her family, the love her family had for her and it was that love that gave her strength and courage and beat him.

Nice.

To go through all he did to avoid detection and discovery at the crime scene ...
He really didn't do a good job of restraining her once he had her.

Thankfully.
I think she was able to gain his trust, go along with everything he said, and he was content except for the two times he got mad and hit her and the wall (typical of psychotics, even getting angry when people are actually trying to appease you in order to stay alive). Seems like he got off on the mental power he thought he had over her too. She wasn't stupid.

Court case:
4th count added: Burglary-Armed w/ Dangerous Weapon
01-14-2019 Probable cause statement /judicial determination
Additional text:
SEALED BY 1/14/19 Court Order
Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

I opened up the tab under history and it shows the word plea to the far right of each charge. Does that mean he is going to plea???? (though what I copied ended up pasting differently below)

The Defendant was charged with the following offense:
Count
Statute cite
940.01(1)(a)
Description
1st-Degree Intentional Homicide
Severity
Felony A
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
940.01(1)(a)
Description
1st-Degree Intentional Homicide
Severity
Felony A
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
940.31(1)(a)
Description
Kidnapping/Carry w/o Consent
Severity
Felony C
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
943.10(2)(a)
Description
Burglary-Armed w/ Dangerous Weapon
Severity
Felony E
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea

He forced Jayme's mother to put duct tape over Jayme's mouth, then shot her, then bound Jayme's arms and legs, then dragged her through the house, out the door, and to his parked car, then put her into his trunk, then got into the car himself, and was part the way down the road, all in LESS THAN FOUR MINUTES.
Imagine if the police response time was one minute quicker. This whole tragedy came down to probably seconds in the timing. The bad luck scale is off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500