Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, But they got a call that a woman and her child were hiding in the bathroom from a home invasion. So they need first and foremost, to get to that home. Stopping to check a random passing vehicle at that time would be a big mistake, if the perps were still a the scene. JMO

And if one officer had stopped the fleeing vehicle, he would have been shot most likely. JMO
I know you're right. I just so badly want this to never have happened to Jayme and to never happen to another child. I'm just beside myself.

Right, But they got a call that a woman and her child were hiding in the bathroom from a home invasion. So they need first and foremost, to get to that home. Stopping to check a random passing vehicle at that time would be a big mistake, if the perps were still a the scene. JMO

And if one officer had stopped the fleeing vehicle, he would have been shot most likely. JMO
I dont think that they knew a woman and child were hiding in bathroom

Agreed. The whole "I passed a random maybe Ford Taurus, maybe maroon, while on my way to an undistinguishable 911 call in a county where horrific crimes don't happen" probably only came up long afterwards. I suppose they could have released the information, but how helpful would that have been?

Imagine if the police response time was one minute quicker. This whole tragedy came down to probably seconds in the timing. The bad luck scale is off the charts.

IMO, a 4 minute response time by LE to a 911 call with no one speaking on the line and no clue what was going on is actually amazing. From what the defendant has said, if LE had arrived that minute earlier, odds are Jayme might well have been killed too.

I don't know. It says "Order to seal document on the line underneath. Maybe Jayme's deposition? Maybe @gitana1 would know

We know exactly what’s sealed MOO.
88 days of unspeakable abuse.

Thank God this has been sealed.

Jayme’s classmates and the whole world don’t have to know about unspeakable indignities and forms of abuse she likely suffered.

Not that she should be ashamed because she is a victim and this was not her fault.

I truly believe all such details should be between her, authorities, medical workers and whomever sheeeeeee chooses to ever tell.

I think he realized this was possible when his parents allowed him to basically have that house all to himself. I don't know if he was required to pay rent/ property tax, or bills, but I doubt it cost him much to live there and he didn't have many visitors. I'm just surprised that he didn't build an underground shelter first. Clearly he wasn't that bright if he thought keeping a victim under his bed unchained and blocked by some weights was going to prevent an escape. And he specifically told her he was going to be gone 5-6 hours on the day of her escape (and 12 hours a previous time). If she had to use the bathroom she would've had to break the "rules" no matter what.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these perps want to get caught. Or to release their captives.

Jaycee Dugard's captor brought her to Berkeley University and then, IIRC, brought her back in for an interview with campus police.

Abby Hernandez's captor just released her by her house.

I have to take a break. Idek if I can watch him in court. I knew it was horrific. I theorized all along that it was a shotgun & head shots. I had hoped Jayme didn’t see. She likely left that house with her Mother’s blood on her. Jayme is now MY hero and idol. I will try to remember her courage anytime I am afraid or weak. I need some air.... jmo

mmmm.....so the father visited on Saturdays, per the complaint. That's a lot of times over there that Jayme was undetected. And, she was upstairs so any kind of a thump could be heard downstairs. He did turn the music up upstairs tho. But wouldn't a thump still be heard? She must have been completely compliant while JP was home.

She probably didnt know who was visiting. If she made noise, it may not have helped her in any way if it was just a druggie friend of his. And it could get her beaten severely or killed.

JMO
I hope LE studies their response and this case. It may end up changing the protocol for this sort of home invasion call. Send enough resources to immediately go to the house and have a few responders doing nothing but setting up a road block and stopping ALL cars coming from the scene.

For clarification sake, they did NOT know they had a home invasion or that a woman and child were hiding in the bathroom from the 911 call. LE knew nothing aside a "commotion".

Mr Patterson told police "he never would have been caught if he would have planned everything perfectly" - WHAT A MONSTER..

He couldn't plan for Jayme's bravery and will to live. She is so courageous. I'm tearing up with pride in her actions that saved herself and the world from this sick individual. #JaymeStrong

I think he realized this was possible when his parents allowed him to basically have that house all to himself. I don't know if he was required to pay rent/ property tax, or bills, but I doubt it cost him much to live there and he didn't have many visitors. I'm just surprised that he didn't build an underground shelter first. Clearly he wasn't that bright if he thought keeping a victim under his bed unchained and blocked by some weights was going to prevent an escape. And he specifically told her he was going to be gone 5-6 hours on the day of her escape (and 12 hours a previous time). If she had to use the bathroom she would've had to break the "rules" no matter what.
I found it odd he told her I'll be gone 5-6 hours. Did he want her to get out? Did he want to get caught? Was he done with this? I wonder how long he was gone before she got out?

That Jayme is one brave girl! She left after knowing how violent he might get if he found her! How scary!
Of course she also left without knowing what an unpopulated little place this was. She left knowing nothing except she knew there was an opportunity to escape. You go girl!

I don't know. It says "Order to seal document on the line underneath. Maybe Jayme's deposition? Maybe @gitana1 would know

I don't. But it seems that unlike CO for those who followed the Watts family case, it's much easier to seal a record in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Legislature: 801.21

Typically at this stage facts remain sealed to protect an ongoing investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth