Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think he got cocky and thought she didn't have it in her to escape. Boy was he wrong. I know that what Jayme has done is remarkable. I know if I were in that situation, now or at age 13, I wouldn't have been able to. She's got the will of a warrior.
IMO he didnt see her as human, Only as an object he felt he deserved and aquired. The concept of her being a person never crossed his mind. Thus he never thought she go over the top of not listening to threats.

MOO, of course, but I wonder if the family just didn't think much of JP's life other than "failure to launch." 21 year old kid, can't seem to hold down a job, discharged from the Marines. Maybe they just thought "ugh, this kid will never grow up and make anything of himself," though not necessarily "this kid is a psychopath and will murder someone, some day."

There's a chance they might have some guilt from the divorce and feel the need to support their son through this "failure to launch" by allowing him to stay in the cabin & keeping him afloat. Maybe he promises he will apply to jobs, interview...try his best to get (and keep) a job, but it's just a neverending cycle. Miserable as the situation is/was, it may have not been obvious that there was something more malicious there than just a loser kid who can't get his shtuff together.

Just speculating, ofc, but with as silent as his family has been, and as wrecked as his father seemed today, I wouldn't be shocked if they were a bit blindsided.

Yes. I totally agree here. Lots of parents end up with deadbeat kids and help to support them. None imagine they will become a killer. Unless we find out that the family knew he had fantasies about murder and kidnapping, I don't see them as being at fault.

I really don't think anyone will be posting bail for this evil punk! I will never use this monster's name if I comment on him again, not sure what to call him though. He might 'get off' on any name given him, maybe just SOB is the best moniker? At any rate, I do think that he should be not allowed any media access at all, now or in the future and of course should be in jail for rest of his life. I wonder how the general prison population will treat someone like this? ;)

The perp was the only member, (along with possibly his brother), living on the property. An empty box of adult diapers and girl's make up has been found on his property.

It's not crossing a line to analyze if these items were for malicious purposes. The perp is a man who murdered two human beings and held a 13 year old hostage. The perp has demonstrated himself to be a criminal.

If we want to get "technical", the perp is technically "innocent" as in, "innocent until proven guilty". However, based on the facts that have been revealed in this case, it can be implied that he is a criminal.

We are in agreement that it is okay 'to analyze' if these were being used. And so in that analysis, we have to see if there were any soiled, used diapers found in the home. Not that we know of at this time.

Would size LARGE Adult fit Jayme? No, they would not.

Are there any other possible explanations for that box being there? Yes, two possible explanations have been mentioned already. The box itself was used to carry home other items from Sam's Club or was used in a move. OR the diapers were used by his recently deceased grandmother.

I can’t get over her escape - the strength to push the weights and bins and whatever else he blocked her in with (which reminds me of a very immature mind by the killer - IMO) after she may have been weak depending on what he allowed her to eat?? It’s a miracle IMO

"Detective Hagen reports the tread patterns [in the blood in the Closs home] appeared to be from tactical type boots."

From http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I think he was on some "military" mission in his fantasy.

jmo
Interesting, after LE said there was no evidence, like he didn't set foot more than 5' in the home. Maybe in the future they could just say they aren't disclosing what evidence they have, when they do have some! Unless perhaps they felt it was better for her safety to make him think they had nothing on him.

The perp was the only member of the family CURRENTLY LIVING THERE yes.
However, the whole family had resided there, his sister and brother both grew up there.
Perhaps his Grandmother lived there until she died. We have no idea.
I never moved every single thing I owned out of the house I grew up in.
We keep some belongings of everybody's in our "cabin" and that appears to be how they treated this place.
Patterson's RETREAT. So, the sister may have gone to stay there at some point as well.
I highly doubt he went out and bought adult diapers and make up, but didn't buy a better way to restrain her. There doesn't seem to be any real plans made for AFTER the abduction.

BBM

Yeah, seems like the whole family used it and stayed there in the past. I mean, he put Jayme in his sister's pajamas, so it stands to reason that she was there at some point.

Re: the diaper issue...Yes, they may have used in a nefarious way or it could just be an innocuous empty box that was used for something else. At this point it could probably go either way so it's all just speculation.

JP was such a lazy slob do you think he got rid of Jayme's original clothing when made he strip naked?

If he didn't it has to have Denise's blood on it which would be even more evidence against him in case this goes to trial.

I suspect he may want a trial for the notoriety and getting to relive everything he has done.

I found that part the most heart shattering knowing Jayme was locked in the trunk with her mom's blood most likely on her clothing and maybe even on her face. It brought me to tears and when it described how Jim and Denise were found and the fatal wounds they had sustained.

I cant begin to even imagine how traumatic all of this was for Jayme and this is before she arrived at the house of horrors.

No child should ever have to go through what she has had to endure or see what she has seen.

Imo

JP was such a lazy slob do you think he got rid of Jayme's original clothing when made he strip naked?

If he didn't it has to have Denise's blood on it which would be even more evidence against him in case this goes to trial.

I suspect he may want a trial for the notoriety and getting to relive everything he has done.

I found that part the most heart shattering knowing Jayme was locked in the trunk with her mom's blood most likely on her clothing and maybe even on her face. It brought me to tears and when it described how Jim and Denise were found and the fatal wounds they had sustained.

I cant begin to even imagine how traumatic all of this was for Jayme and this is before she arrived at the house of horrors.

No child should ever have to go through what she has had to endure or see what she has seen.

Imo

I believe the criminal complaint stated that he took the clothes (along with the duct tape he had on her, and the gloves he had worn) and threw them into the fireplace in the basement. I'm assuming he burned them there, though it doesn't go into that much detail.

From CrimeOnline:

According to the complaint, he told her she would have to “hold it” if she had to go to the restroom, as she was not allowed to get out from under the bed. She was left on several occasions without food or water for hours.

I think this settles the argument about the empty box found outside.

I sincerely hope we do not have the other county publish charges IMO and he pleads to the murders unless her family feels it would be ok IMO

Does anyone else here feel overwhelmed by the notoriously horrific cases over the last 6 months?
Mollie Tibbetts, Shanann Watts, Kelsey Berreth, and Jayme Closs's case are deeply disturbing and personal.

• Mollie Tibbetts: Any of us are/have been a college student (or currently either have or have had a child MT's age). MT was murdered by a relatively "random" criminal.

• Shanann Watts: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married (or have a married daughter) with children. SW and her babies were brutally murdered and quite possibly, planned, by a cheating husband.

• Kelsey Berreth: Any of us are/have been/ will be, etc... married (or have a married daughter) with a child. KB's husband allegedly solicited her murder three times.

• Jayme Closs: Any of us either will have, currently have, or have had a child Jayme's age. Jayme was abducted by a random perpetrator after he saw her board the school bus.

How incredibly disturbing. Has anyone else been as appalled as I have been over the last few months? I feel we've been bombarded with grisly cases.

Has anyone else noticed such a pattern of notoriously grisly crimes in such a short amount of time?

I have followed all of them on here... I can't comment on patterns as I do not have the crime knowledge as many of the others..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven