Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
In past cases I’ve followed they withold a little info that only the Perp would know. Rules out false confessions I guess?? The legal minds in here would know.

Why they didn’t ask the public for help looking for red or maroon ford tauruses though is beyond me ?????

I’m wondering if they really pondered this and decided they were afraid to take the chance that if the vehicle was not involved then maybe people would have tunnel vision and/or it would be detrimental to possibly release a vehicle that’s not involved..idk...

ETA: But this still doesn’t make sense imo because it could have been worth a shot to still identify and rule out the vehicle. They’ve done this in other cases...

Last edited:
In all honesty I don’t understand why some seem to be offended at the suggestion that JP might self-identify as an ‘incel’

I've found this particular little enclave of internet echo chamberhood to be eye-opening in researching....I think this type of 'movement' warrants the concern of society as a whole...

JMO

I also don't understand the diaper issue: either way every second of Jayme's life was Hell on Earth.

Diapers or not....imagine after you're parents are shot cold dead in the middle of the night, hostage to their murderer, fearing every moment: and being up to 12 hours under a bed incapable of moving, incapable of satisfying the most basic human needs? It was as if she were in a coffin, buried alive....

Thank God Jayme escaped: I do believe the 'high' of executing such a plan & not getting caught would have led JP to doing this again once the 'shine' of the Closs murders & having Jayme wore off....

Just my opinion:Understandable LE were headed to the scene on 10/15..but I'll ask again..why were lone cars on the highway during the wee hours of the morning not stopped??? The events are in the past,but can't help think about poor Jayme in the trunk hearing sirens thinking help is on the way..LE are coming to help me..really hope mental health professional intervenes early on..#TEAMJAYME

From the complaint:

"Deputy Fick reports that, while in route to the residence, he observed a vehicle that was maroon in color and what he believed to be an older style vehicle. Deputy Fick reports that, based on his training and experience, the vehicle appeared to him to be an older Ford Taurus or similar vehicle. As the vehicle was traveling east on U.S. Hwy. 8, Deputy Fick reports he was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 8, just west of the City of Barron. Deputy Fick reports the vehicle he observed was the lone eastbound traveling vehicle he encountered. Deputy Fick observed the vehicle yield to himself and other deputies responding to the scene."

Why was this vehicle never released to the public? The ONLY vehicle they encountered...and the public is sent on a wild goose chase for two unrelated vehicles?

That is great point and stunning ...

There is a chance that JP's parents never saw anything troubling in their son. They may have thought he was a little "odd" or "different", perhaps secretly thought he might have issues that needed to be addressed with a doctor, but never saw any violent or otherwise troubling tendencies in him. When I was a teenager, I was kind of Queen Bee of the weird kids-we were the ones who stayed in the art room during lunch playing D&D, the ones who'd rather go for drives to take pictures of old houses and cemeteries than party, the ones who would do 48-hour video gaming sessions, etc. Parents kicked me out of slumber parties for scaring the other kids with games like "Light as a Feather" and telling ghost stories that were too scary. We were all kind of socially awkward and, until we met each other, loners, but none of us have ever committed crimes. JP could have done a good job of hiding whatever signs there were-IF there were any signs at all. They may have been concerned about his work history, for instance, but shrugged it off as him just "trying to find his way."

Kinda withholding judgment on the parents until we hear more about JP's background, childhood, etc.

There is a chance that JP's parents never saw anything troubling in their son. They may have thought he was a little "odd" or "different", perhaps secretly thought he might have issues that needed to be addressed with a doctor, but never saw any violent or otherwise troubling tendencies in him. When I was a teenager, I was kind of Queen Bee of the weird kids-we were the ones who stayed in the art room during lunch playing D&D, the ones who'd rather go for drives to take pictures of old houses and cemeteries than party, the ones who would do 48-hour video gaming sessions, etc. Parents kicked me out of slumber parties for scaring the other kids with games like "Light as a Feather" and telling ghost stories that were too scary. We were all kind of socially awkward and, until we met each other, loners, but none of us have ever committed crimes. JP could have done a good job of hiding whatever signs there were-IF there were any signs at all. They may have been concerned about his work history, for instance, but shrugged it off as him just "trying to find his way."

Kinda withholding judgment on the parents until we hear more about JP's background, childhood, etc.
Samuel Woodward's parents thought he was a good kid too.

Just wait til JP internet history starts coming out.

Just my opinion:Understandable LE were headed to the scene on 10/15..but I'll ask again..why were lone cars on the highway during the wee hours of the morning not stopped??? The events are in the past,but can't help think about poor Jayme in the trunk hearing sirens thinking help is on the way..LE are coming to help me..really hope mental health professional intervenes early on..#TEAMJAYME

At the time that LE passed JP's vehicle, they didn't even know a crime had been committed.

After reading it all, and it is awful, JP held nothing back and shared all the lurid details. I know some statements may have been redacted, but it does take my breath away he shared so much. It will be hard to defend that, so hope his attorneys are advising him to take a deal and plead guilty. On the other hand, not sure what a deal would involve since he pretty much shared everything, and WI is not a death penalty state. Now off to watch the hearing from today where he was apparently yawning.

After reading it all, and it is awful, JP held nothing back and shared all the lurid details. I know some statements may have been redacted, but it does take my breath away he shared so much. It will be hard to defend that, so hope his attorneys are advising him to take a deal and plead guilty. On the other hand, not sure what a deal would involve since he pretty much shared everything, and WI is not a death penalty state. Now off to watch the hearing from today where he was apparently yawning.

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how they're going to spin this considering that he's already admitted to so much. I do have some ideas (mentally ill, some kind of delusional personality disorder, a history of abuse, etc.) but they all seem kind of laughable considering the pre-planning and what he's already admitted to.

I'm sure that JP's parents knew that he wasn't an upstanding citizen at the very least. He is a 20 years old not providing for himself, driving Mommy's car, living in Daddy's house and no direction in life. I'm not saying that they knew he was hiding Jayme under his bed, but in NO WAY do I think his parents thought that JP didn't have issues.

Yes, it's quite interesting. I posted in the last thread just before it closed and I'd like to reiterate one of my thoughts:

Posters here pointed out that Jayme's abductor (unknown to us at the time) could have gotten her without killing her parents. IMO he had a desire to kill and used her abduction as an opportunity to act upon it. If that's correct then I believe we will see a troubled past surface even though he doesn't have a criminal history. JMOO.

Am at the part in the complaint stating that she had men's shoes on the wrong feet. She must have been in a mad rush to get out of there :'(
I have skimmed an awful lot in the last day or so, might have missed clarification, but the first report I saw about her escaping said she was barefoot. Then later the report about wearing the too-big shoes. Maybe the barefoot report was just incorrect, or maybe she grabbed his shoes and ran, carrying them without putting them on, only to put them on a few moments after approaching JN but perhaps before going to the neighbor's house?

Also, just me and not telling anyone how to post, but personally I would love to see the conversation about the "empty box" stop. Bottom line, if it's irrelevant to the case (ie grandma's etc) we don't need to discuss it. And if it IS relevant to the case, it may be a source of embarrassment for JC, even though it's nothing shameful. If it turns out later to actually be important to the case in any way, it will come up in the legal docs and we can get into it then. MOO but please, think of how some of this will look 20 years from now when folks are reading this as history...

I asked before today’s hearing, now I’m asking again, since we have more information. Does anyone think there is anything the DA could offer in terms of a plea?

I’m not seeing anything. I think CW took a plea because he had skeletons in his closet he didn’t want released. JTP strikes me as a guy who will enjoy rehashing his crime. He will feel powerul and successful as the DA lays out everything for a jury.

Thoughts?

Edited to correct auto correct. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members